In spite of being sick and congested, Tessa seemed to get some much needed rest this evening. They tried to put in a PICC line earlier to avoid having to constantly restart IVs but were unable to get it threaded into the vein. As we leave the hospital tonight, she seems comfortable. She did open her eyes for us more today but they are very red and bloodshot. We hope that she can keep them closed so they will heal.
Her weight today is 4lb 10oz. Some of this is still fluid weight and she remains on a chronic diuretic. She has done well with restarting her feedings today and remains at 10ml every 3 hours. Often she sucks on her ventilator tube as if it were a pacifier. Mommy and daddy think this is a sign of being hungry. In addition, she is still receiving antibiotics for the bacterial infection and sedation as needed.
We are relying very heavily on our faith right now to get us through this latest challenge. Often Tessa seems to handle it much better than mommy or daddy but we are getting through. Thanks again for everyone's prayers and support.
Mark 11:22
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Quiet Evening
at
10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Good morning Nancy, Anthony and Little Tessa! We are happy to hear that she is resting well! The rest will help her body to heal. I hope and pray that mommy and daddy are getting lots of rest too, I'm sure you need it with all that you have been through. Please find comfort in knowing that God is watching over all 3 of you and wants each of you to be strong and healthy! It sounds like she is on the right track and this challenge will soon be behind you all as well! We think of you all constantly and are praying for you continously! Sending all our love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses! We hope today is a great day!
Misti
All I can say is "ditto" to what Misti said. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers are coming your way.
All I can do is continue to pray for all 3 of you. You have been and are still going through alot. Please have comfort knowing that all us reading your blog continuously are keeping you in our prayers.
Love,
Dorie
Dear Heavenly Father, I turn to your word. Psalm 107:20 tells us "He spoke and they were healed- snatched from the door of death"NLT We know that your word is true. We know there is power in your voice -in speaking it. You spoke the world into being.
Jesus spoke and people were healed. The centurian's daughter was healed by only his word. This is what I ask for Tessa . Speak the word that she might receive healing. In Jesus name I pray Amen
'
Glad to see Tessa is maintaining her weight and not losing any ounces. She is a testament to God's work. The family is in my prayers.
"I CAN FEEL THE BRUSH OF ANGELS WINGS...I FEEL GLORY ALL AROUND.SURELY THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD IS IN THIS PLACE." I FELT THIS SONG THIS MORNING AS I WAS PRAYING FOR BABY TESSA AND THE BOTH OF YOU. I PRAY THAT A MIGHTY PRESENCE OF THE LORD BE WITH YOU ALL THROUGHOUT THIS DAY TO STRENGTHEN YOU.
SIS SONJA
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!! We think and pray for all of you many times through out the day and we also stop and thank God for all the blessings He has granted each of us . . . including precious Tessa!
Brandey
I'm so sorry you are having to go through these latest setbacks with Tessa. My thoughts are with you.
Hello to Nancy, Anthony and Little Tessa. I heard about you the other night at Wesley Methodist Church when one of Gods angel requested pray for you. So you have been added to my list and I have ask others to put all of you on their pray list. You are all
deeply loved by and God and your
fiends. May God continue to heal
Tessa and Mommy and Daddy.
Glad to hear she is starting to open her little eyes...and starting to get hungry....thats a good sign that she is getting better.....she is getting her strength knowing that her mommy & daddy are there with her...(thats why she is peeking to see if you are there)....love and miss you guys.....give Tessa our love...
xxxoooxxx
aunt gogo & grandma...
Nancy and Anthony
Hang in there, little Tessa has proven the fact that she is a fighter. Sounds like she is already on the right track.
My prayers are with you three.
Dear Nancy and Anthony
There are so many of us that are following Tessa's status everyday that she has become part of our families. One little baby has so much love coming her way. Precious baby be well and get strong.
Kathy
Glad to hear that Tessa has resumed feedings. I think this is a sign of improvement.
Our prayers are with you all.
Ellen & Dean
We thank you that you keep us informed of Tessa's recovery daily. God has her and you both sheltered under His wings, and I know that He is watching over each of you as you face this journey one day at a time. I thank God that she is resting and maintaining her weight. What a little blessing. We met Tessa in the NICU and our thoughts and prayers have been with you all since that day. Keep your eyes on Jesus and He will lift you up, fill you up and hold you up. We are praying for the doctors to have the wisdom and knowledge to treat Little Tessa. Rest in Christ.
We're glad to hear that your little precious is getting some much needed rest. We're also glad to know that Tessa seems to be hungry. Hopefully ya'll are over the worst. Hopefully her eyes and the rest of her body will heal very soon. Please don't feel discouraged. I know it's hard. Ya'll have alot of people on your side pulling for you and your little angel. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers every day. Like I've said before ya'll have been such a blessing and encouragement to alot of people. Please try to get some rest. ( I know it's hard, but know Tessa is in very good hands)
Joya, David & Family
Post a Comment