Thursday, January 17, 2008

ECMO Specialists

We are truly overwhelmed by the devotion of the ECMO specialists, nurses and doctors here at Brenners. They have a God given gift and a genuine calling to come do what they do every day. Today has proven this to us over and over again. Teddy has been with Tessa all afternoon and evening and has barely left the room. We are so glad to have all of them here with our little girl in such a critical state.
Tessa has had a fairly quiet day and we pray for a quiet restful night. Our prayers continue for Tessa and all of her neighbors here in the PICU and NICU. There are 12 beds here in the PICU and some other extremely sick children. Today was a very sad day for one family and our hearts are truly broken for the loss of their little child. Nurse Diane reminds us that miracles happen here also which is why she chooses to do what she does every day. We firmly believe that God is our healer and can restore health to all in need. We will keep the faith.

Jeremiah 30:17
For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD

9 comments:

Ellen said...

We pray for Little Tessa and your entire family many times every day. May God give you all strength to help Tessa through this ordeal.

Prayers also go out to the family you mentioned in your blog who lost their child today.

You all remain in our thoughts.

Love,

Ellen & Dean

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!
Nan, It was good to hear your voice last night. I hope that you and Anthony got some rest during the night.
I love you guys and I'll check in later.I'm going to pray.
Patty

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray for Tessa.
We are so sorry to hear about the family that lost their child. They will also be in our prayers.

Love
Baby MaKayla's Family

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Tessa had a restful day and I hope her night went that way too. My heart goes out to that family that lost their child. We will all continue to pray for your family. Just wanted to let you know that because of Tessa (and I'm ashamed to say it) I have been reading the Bible everyday. Thanks Tessa and you keep strong and keep fighting.

Love to all,
Dorie

Anonymous said...

God is the Great Physician, but He uses many people as instruments of His healing. We praise Him for each one of them. Continuing to pray earnestly for Tessa throughout the day and night.

Anonymous said...

We continue to keep you all in our prayers. We also pray for the family that lost a child. Let them know that all of Tessa's "prayer warriors" will pray for them also!! We love you all.

Brandey

Anonymous said...

Hello Nancy,
I just want you to know that we, too, are standing with you, on the Solid Rock...awaiting full manifestation of God's healing for Baby Tessa! He is able and it gives Him good pleasure to heal her! Love, Odessa "Grigsby" Criales-Smith. ocriales2@aol.com

Joya said...

We too are truly thankful to all the staff at Brenners for helping doing their job and helping all these little ones like Tessa. We are very sad to hear that a family has lost their little one. I cannot begin to imagine how that feels. Our hearts go out to them. We will be praying for them as well as praying for Tessa. Please ya'll keep your spirits up. We know that God is in charge and is the ultimate Healer and is going to heal your little angel in His time.


Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

We continue with our prayers for Little Tessa and her mommy and daddy! I truly cannot imagine all that you are going through and I hope that you are able to find some comfort in knowing that so many are praying for you 3. I hope you are able to get some rest tonight. Also, our hearts and prayers go out to the family that lost their child. Sending all our love!
Misti and the crew