Thanks to everyone for the wonderful words of encouragement. Tessa did show some improvement overnight last night. Her blood gases have dramatically improved but are still somewhat up and down. Her blood pressure is better and they are slowly removing her from the dopamine. The nurses are slowly lowering her oxygen levels on the ventilator. The doctors will not resume feedings until she is feeling better.
With the high frequency jet ventilator, they have kept Tessa sedated so that she does not fight the ventilator. She is sleeping soundly. She received some sodium bicarbonate this morning for acidosis because her blood pH is still a little low. They continue to give her antibiotic in case of infection.
We are relieved that Tessa is improving. Today our friends Grace and Sondra stopped in for a visit and brought a pecan pie. We will certainly enjoy it. We are also fortunate today that family is here from Little Creek. It is very uplifting to be surrounded by family and friends.
Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
On the Mend
at
9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
It's such good news to hear that Tessa is doing better. I will continue to pray.
It's great to hear that Tessa is doing better today. I pray it continues and that she will be nice and strong for her surgery on Wednesday if they still plan on doing it.
Love
Shelly
I am so glad that she is doing better today and pray that she regains her strength for Wednesday's surgery. I am sure God will see her through it!
Try to get some rest, Nancy and Anthony, and know that we are here for you and keeping you in our thoughts constantly.
Love
Bev
tell Tessa that grandma is coming to see her this weekend and hopes that she doing better...she is the "Proud Grandma"...showing Tessa off to everyone...smiling and crying at the same time....tears of joy and love...we hope all is well and can't wait to see you guys....
love ya,
xxxooo
auntie gogo
I am so glad to hear that Tessa is doing better. God will continue to have his hands on her so she will gain strength for Wednesday's surgery. I know this is so hard on Mommy and Daddy and I pray for God to also grant them the strength they need. Keep the Faith. God will take care of Tessa. As always you three are in my constant thoughts and prayers.
Love you guys!
Melissa
We're praying every day for your angel and you both for the three of you to have the strength of a million tomorrows. She is simply beautiful and so are all of the words which you use to describe her...the three of you are in our thoughts and prayers every day. May God continue blessing you as he has. . .All Our Love
I am looking at the site with my mom, she thinks she is so cute and tiny! I hope you all have a really great afternoon. Miss ya!
Tessa (and all of you) are on our prayer chain at church. We lifted Tessa up in prayer today during the service for healing and a successful surgery on Wed. God will be with you every step of the way.
Hi Nancy and Anthony,
We really miss our little Tessa and would like her back! Please tell her new friends that they can't keep her, no matter how cute she is. We hope to see all of you soon.
Great news to hear things are a little better today. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Anthony, what a photo of baby Tessa without the vent. She is so beautiful! Hi Nancy.
I'm sorry you had another scare this weekend, it sounds like they're on top of things and fixing her up! I assume surgery is still a go on Wednesday. We do miss our Tessa and will be thankful to get her back here! Praying for you all,
Sallie NNP
Just letting you know that we are all home. I checked the site after I came in the door to see if anything new had been posted. I hope Tessa did not 'misbehave' while we were out eating. I know you both like to stay close to the hosptial but I'm glad you took a little time and joined us out. It was nice to see you both and our little angel. Hopefully, the next time I come for a visit, she will not be sedated and I will get to see her eyes. As always, you are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love you!
Angie
Post a Comment