Saturday, October 27, 2007

A little under the weather...

Our little girl, Tessa does not seem to be feeling well today. Her blood gases have not been very good this morning. Her sodium is low, her blood is slightly acidotic and her CO2 levels are a little high. They have raised her oxygen levels to 60% on the ventilator and have given her a sedative called Versed to keep her calm. She had a few oxygen desaturations through the night. They are doing frequent blood gas tests and may put in another arterial line (artline) so that they don't have to stick her each time they need to do a blood test. The retaped her ventilator tube and she just had an x-ray to check her lungs and the position of her ventilator tube.
On a good note, Tessa is handling her feedings very well. She has not had any residual milk in her stomach overnight and has received milk every 3 hours. She is urinating well and will receive another suppository later to encourage a bowel movement. She opens her eyes frequently to say hello to mommy and daddy and loves "Frederick T. Frog" her new snuggly frog. Nurse Kelly and Nurse Mandy both wanted to take care of Tessa today. She has stolen both their hearts. Nurse Kelly is her primary care nurse so we are glad to have her with us today. She picked her favorite Bible verse below.

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you all it seams like Mom and Tessa are alot a like today her is urinating well and will receive another suppository later to encourage a bowel movement the fun they will have (we will not tell Mom I wrote this until she is feeling alot better haha). You know what they say good friends start acting a like!

love you,
Neelley

Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." ~Isaiah 40:29-31

Anonymous said...

I suppose everyone is entitled to a "puny" day once in awhile. Continuing to pray for precious Tessa and her parents.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear that Tessa isn't having such a good day today. I pray for her to improve. Praise God that she has been able to continue the feedings! Tessa has stolen all of our hearts! Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Love you guys!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Nurse Kristie wanted to take care of Tessa today too, but I am sure she is in great hands with Kelly.

Thanks Nancy for calling with an update; I know you have a lot going on, and to take the time to update me was very kind. We will see you back here soon. Thinking of you all.

Nurse Kristie

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya'll. Just checking in. Sorry Tessa isn't feeling well.I'm sure she will be gaining strength from her feedings soon.
We're paraying!!!
Love You!
Patty