Today marks Tessa's 8 month birthday. We miss her every day but today is especially difficult knowing that she has now been gone for a longer period of time than we had her physically with us. We still live every day with a bit of disbelief that she could really be gone but know that she is safely sheltered in the arms of our loving God above. We have recently begun counseling and a support group which certainly helps in coming to terms with Tessa's passing but it doesn't begin to fill the void left behind. One method of healing discussed in our support group is "telling Tessa's story" and we continue to do this every day in our words and actions. We are comforted knowing that Tessa's life has made a difference in the lives of others.
On May 17th we walked again with the Baby Tessa team in Winchester, VA for the March of Dimes March for Babies. It was a beautiful day and 19 others joined us in this walk including Nancy's Mom, Aunt Gogo and Cousin Danielle. We are overwhelmed by everyone's continued support. Nancy and the Baby Tessa team were recognized for their exceptional fundraising efforts. The team as a whole raised over $7500. Kudos to everyone. What a great homage to Tessa and God's great purpose for her life.
Luke 1:75
In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
8 Month Birthday
at
4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Your sharing of your faith, Tessa's story and your strenght offers so much for those that grieve!
We are blessed!
love you guys and pray for you daily!
Just a little reminder that I pray for you all frequently. Tessa's life continues to impact many people, and your faith continues to inspire.
You are a great inspiration to so many folks and Tessa's legacy will live on. Great work. Love and prayers to the Woodyards.
Tessa was a mighty mite. Even tho she might be gone from this earth longer than she was on it, she still is having a " powerful punch" to all who knew her and loved her. I am sure she will never be forgotten and who would want to..... that would be the worst thing of all. I will cherish her mermory all my life
Nancy & Anthony,
Thinking of you both every single day! Congrats on your fundraising efforts~~you two are truly amazing! I know Little Tessa is so proud of her mommy and daddy! You 3 are an inspiration to all! We are all so blessed to know you! Sending all my love!
Misti
Happy 8th month Birthday Tessa! We miss you so much. We wish you were still here with us. Nancy & Anthony, ya'll have done so many wonderful things to inspire so many! We know ya'll miss your little angel Tessa! Ya'll 3 have been such an inspiration to so many! We are glad to here that ya'll have started a support group. Ya'll will be able to help so many with your story of Tessa! Tessa made such a difference to so many people and changed lots of lives for the better! Even though your sweet angel is gone her legacy will live on in the hearts of others forever. We are so glad to have got to meet Tessa and ya'll. Thanks for reaching out to so many even through your tragedy. Ya'll are such an example for everyone. I wish I could say that I would be able to be that strong. We know that your Tessa is so proud of ya'll. We want you to know that there is not a day that goes by that we don't think of ya'll and your little baby Tessa. We pray for ya'll daily. We miss ya'll and love ya'll dearly. May God continue to hold you in His arms and comfort you through this difficult time.
Joya, David & Family
I just wanted to let the two of you know how much it meant to all of us to see you at the benefit for Dani Jo. Words can not describe the feeling when I looked up and seen you two standing there with Mercedes and Baby Maria. I am so thankful that God brought you two and little Tessa into our lives. You are very special people to us and we will carry Tessa's memory in our hearts forever. We love you all.
Jennifer (Dani Jo's aunt)
Its always good to see you in the NICU again.
Well Tessa....the March for Babies walk was very exciting.....! I know you were thrilled that there were alot of people there supporting the "Baby Tessa" team...! It was a gorgeous day for the walk! thank you for watching over us. Did you see me? I was sweating and sweating....but I kept up and completed the entire walk...I know you were watching cause thats how I got through it...your stength pulled me through. There is not a day that goes by that I don't open your blog and just re-read all the wonderful things that people have written...you know we miss you terribly. Each and every day I think of you and how much you looked like your mommy & daddy.....with a touch of me...hehehe :) just kidding....your spirit lives in all of us...you will be happy to know that you have made each of us a better person..we are doing things and rethinking what we do because of you. Well Tessa.....I just want you to know I love and miss you....xxxooo
Rest peacefully little angel...
Love always,
Aunt gogo
Post a Comment