Wednesday, March 5, 2008

More Favorites



Tonight we stopped by the NICU at Women's Hospital and saw some of our friends there. We love going there and always leave feeling better than when we arrived. We met with Nancy from the Family Support Network and they are doing great things with the money donated in Tessa's honor. We discussed some volunteer opportunities and some new outreach programs for the NICU. We'll keep everyone posted on the developments.
It has been so hard resuming our regular routines of work and home. Life is just not as we had planned for this time period. We planned on having Tessa home and loving every moment of our time together. Just when we think that we might be having a good day, we are suddenly overwhelmed by grief and despair. We don't anticipate this every going away entirely but we pray that daily routines will become easier in time. God is still in control and will give us the strength we need to continue forward. Thanks again to everyone for their love and support. We still receive cards and letters almost every day and find encouragement in each one.

1 Chronicles 28:20
Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya'll!
Just wanted to let you know you're still being lifted up in prayer. People at my work ask about you, people in my home group ask about you. I went to visit grandma yesterday and one of the first things she asked me was "how is Nancy?"
I hope you guys will consider some sort of grief share program. I've heard they can be very helpful.

Know that you are loved and prayed for often!!
XOXO,
Patty

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I was so glad to see a new post of the website and of course more pictures. I think of you guys daily and like Patty I have people asking about you guys all of the time. There are many people lifting you up in prayer. I pray that gives you comfort. Tessa is up above looking down on you two and bragging to everyone how special her parents are.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,

I just want to let you know that we continue to pray and think of y'all often. You are always and forever in our hearts!

Love,
Brandey

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing more pictures of precious Tessa. I will admit that her death has been a real challenge to my faith. My little mind just can't grasp how a loving, sovereign God would allow her to die. It's at times like this that I must cling to the TRUTH of God's Word. Isaiah 55:9 says "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." When we get to heaven, we will understand, and all sorrow and doubt will vanish as you hold Tessa in your arms once again. Until then, please know that I pray for you every day.

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,
Good morning! The new pictures are beautiful also! Your little angel is watching down over you all from heaven and smiling with such pride! You three are such an inspiration to everyone! As I have said before, her work continues from heaven and you two are amazing in all that you do! You give so much and you have reminded each of us to always remember others first! You all hold a very special place in my heart! Your little girl has touched my soul unlike any other. You remain in my prayers each day. I know that God will provide you all with the strength you need during the difficult times. May her memories bring you peace and comfort! Sending all my love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,
Thinking of you both and praying that God will continue to bring you both peace and comfort! Sending all my love!
Misti

Joya said...

Nancy & Anthony, thanks for blogging on again. I have to admit I miss seeing your up-dates and bloggs everyday. I know that ya'll are very busy and that ya'll are trying to get in a routine again. We just want ya'll to know that ya'll are being thought of and prayed for every day. Those new pictures you posted of your little girl Tessa are so adorable. We still miss your little angel Tessa, though I'm sure you miss her more. I have to admit that I have been like the other commenter said where Tessa's death has been a challenge to my faith as well. We didn't get to know ya'll as good as we would have liked but we grew to love ya'll and your baby girl and were definately looking for a much different outcome. I know that we have to trust in God and that He knows what He's doing. It sure has been hard for us though to understand. I can't imagine how ya'll feel. Ya'll and Tessa have been such a blessing to alot of people. We miss seeing ya'll and getting to talk to you both. Thanks again for everything you have done for us. You, as well as your sweet angel will ALWAYS hold a special place in our hearts. Thanks again also for still blogging on and sharing your comments and your special pictures of Tessa with us. Every time we see her picture we can't help but remember how sweet she was. Her legacy will definately live on forever. Please know that ya'll are continuously in our thoughts and prayers daily. Maybe we can get together before too long. We love ya'll.

Joya, David & Family

P.S. Thanks for sharing the candle lighting with us. I think that it's neat. It give us something each day to remember your little angel by.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to thank ya'll for posting more pictures of beautiful Tessa. We think about you all, and keep you in our prayers.
Katherine, Wayne and Hunter

Anonymous said...

Hello Anthony and Nancy,
I have been thinking about you two. I hope that things are starting to get a little better for the both of you. I am sure that you have your days. I keep missing you both when you come up to the NICU. I did get a picture of little Miss Tessa though. Well I just wanted you both to know that I have not forgotten about you.
Lots of Love,
Dionne Williams, RN

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,
Sending all my love, thoughts, prayers, hugs & kisses your way!
Misti

Anonymous said...

Just a little note to say you both are still in our hearts and prayers every day!!

Love,
Brandey

Unknown said...

Thinking of you. Miss seeing both of you. Praying for your continued strength - through Jesus Christ.
Joanne