Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday was obviously bittersweet for us. With great joy, we celebrate Christ's resurrection but Sunday also marked two months since saying goodbye to sweet little Tessa. We live daily with the pain of losing her but also want to honor her by sharing happy times, too. Nancy had a surprise waiting for her when she woke up Sunday morning. Waiting downstairs were five little ducklings. They are so fun to watch and make us laugh. We plan for them to live in the pond beside our house when they grow bigger. We are certain that Tessa would have loved the ducks.
Several of our friends and family will be walking in the March of Dimes March for Babies this year. A team has been created called "Baby Tessa." Nancy will be walking in Greensboro, NC on April 26th and in Winchester, VA on May 17th. Please join us by signing up to walk or by becoming a sponsor.
Last Friday, Nancy took her final batch of breast milk to the Human Milk Bank in Raleigh. Tessa's milk has helped so many other sick babies and we are humbled that God could use her in this way. Nancy also recently donated platelets while I donated red blood cells to the American Red Cross. One donation can be divided up to help multiple sick babies in the NICU. We plan to organize a blood drive in Greensboro soon. We continue to hear of many people who have donated blood products in honor of Tessa and words cannot tell you how much this means to us. Please continue to give on a regular basis with us if it is possible. My personal goal is to donate the amount required for Tessa's treatment. I estimate this to take 2 ½ years. Thanks again to all of you for your cards, letters, emails, gifts, blood donations, contributions, love and support. God's purpose for Tessa is still being fulfilled. There is no doubt that God has placed all of you in our lives.

Mark 9:31
For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect little surprise....she has always wanted little ducklings.....they are so adorable....I am one of the few that is proud to annouce that I will be in the March of Dimes walkathon in the Winchester area....I am getting very excited --this is my very 1st...Tessa would be very proud of me.. :) Little did she know that she would make such a diffence in so many peoples lives...I am proud to be her Aunt....love and miss you ...
love aunt gogo

Joya said...

Nancy & Anthony, we are so glad to hear from ya'll. We know that Easter Sunday had to be hard on ya'll. We know you miss your little angel Tessa very much. We wish there was more we could do to ease your pain. We bet Nancy really like her little ducklings. We know that your little baby Tessa would have really loved and enjoyed them too. They look so cute. We miss seeing you and getting to talk to you. May God continue to hold you in His arms and give you the comfort you need. Thanks again for being such a blessing and an inspiration to so many people. Ya'll (along with your baby Tessa) has really touched so many lives. Ya'll will never know the impact ya'll have made in so many lives. We still love ya'll and pray for ya'll daily. Please continue to blog on and let us know how ya'll are doing.

Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

I too along with "aunt go-go" am proud to annouce that I will be participating in the March for Babies walkathon in Winchester in honor of Tessa. This too will be my first time. I know that Tessa will be watching over us all as we walk in her honor. I love the ducklings. They are so cute! I am sure Tessa was smiling done on Mommy's surprise. Thanks for the update Anthony! Love you guys!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I am very pleased to be able to sponsor Nancy in the Walkathon. I continue to pray for you every single day.

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony, the ducklings are too cute! I'm sure you both are having a ball watching them and I know Little Tessa is full of grins and giggles watching over them too! Please know that you all remain in our hearts and prayers daily. I know that Sunday was a hard day for you both but there are so many people praying for your continued strength and I know that your little angel wants her parents to always be comforted. May you continue to find peace and harmony in all the beautiful memories! She certainly touched so many lives in the very short time she was here with us and her work continues every day! You all hold a very dear place in my heart! Sending all my love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti

Anonymous said...

I am smiling seeing the picture of the ducklings and thinking of the giggles coming from Tessa as she watches them ,too! We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers daily!

Love,
Brandey

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that we love you and we are still praying for you.
God bless,
Joey & Amanda

Anonymous said...

NANCY AND ANTHONY,

I JUST WANTED TO SEND YOU A QUICK NOTE TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I AM STILL THINKING OF YOU GUYS. I WILL BE WALKING IN THE MARCH FOR BABIES WALK HERE IN GREENSBORO WITH THE WOMENS HOSPITAL GROUP. I AM WALKING IN HONNOR OF TESSA. THIS ALSO IS MY FIRST WALK. SHE WAS VERY DEAR TO OUR HEARTS AND I JUST WANTED YOU BOTH TO KNOW THAT GOD DID INDEED HAVE A PURPOSE FOR TESSA'S LIFE! JESSICA

Anonymous said...

I think of Tessa every day. I will mourn her loss until I see her again.

Anonymous said...

My heart still drops at the site of little Tessa's face when I look back over her BLOG. I am glad she is at peace now but she is sadly missed. She is truly in a better place with our Lord and Savior. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony, thinking of you both always! sending all my love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses! "Little Wings Do Great Things!"
Misti

Anonymous said...

I come here every day. I miss Tessa so much. Being here makes me feel closer.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy and Anthony, its me lucretia. Im sorry im late because i just found out. I really cant stop crying because we where like family. i love you guys so. and i loved and still love tessa as if she was my own. when i first entered the NICU, I was welcomed with open arms from the both of you. now its my time to open my arms and show u love. i know god will continue blessing. i know that man upstairs never fails. Tessa touched my life and my family also. Azuri will know that her first friend was tessa and how i loved her so much just like i love her.