The WakeMed Milk Bank sends breast milk to recipients all over the east coast. On Thursday we took 7 coolers of milk to Raleigh to donate to the milk bank. We are happy that other babies can benefit from Nancy's milk and that we can honor Tessa by donating it to others. We also gave some milk to a local family here in Kernersville on Saturday. Their baby boy will benefit from the growth hormones found only in breast milk.
It is still difficult spending time at home without Tessa. We always imagined that our days and nights would be spent "taking care of baby." We miss her every moment. Often, it still seems very unreal and we are overwhelmed with emotion. Keep us in prayer as we both return to work tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for your never ending love and support. We continue to receive numerous cards, emails, and visits from our friends and family near and far. Thanks to Kay and Heather for visiting today. God is working through all of you to meet our every need.
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

19 comments:
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. cara
I'm so proud of both of you! Not only do you honor Tessa by helping so many other babies, but you honor God too.
I know it must be hard to go back to work today and I pray that you both will be blessed by the love and support of your friends and co-workers.
I love you guys and I'll check in with you tonight.
XOXO, Patty
Thank you Lord that your grace is sufficient. Thank you for blessing Anthony and Nancy with such tender hearts. I ask that as they return to work today that you go before them Lord and pour out your grace upon them.Bless them richly I pray. Amen
It is now 6:20 am we are getting ready to go to Cone with MaKayla. We pray that the test will come out good.
You will both always be in our prayers. Thanks so much for the pictures of Tessa we will treasure them for ever.
You are both so giving and it is wonderful that you are donating breast milk to help other babies.
Please pray for MaKayla.
Love you both
Kay and Heather
Anthony & Nancy,
You will be our thoughts and prayers. There is not a day that passes without thinking of you and little Tessa. I pray God will comfort you as face the days ahead. We love you! Maw sends her love and prayer, you are in her prayers constantly.
You are constantly in my prayers. I pray that each day would get easier for you guys, but all the same I know it is very difficult. Just take one day at a time - keep the faith.
Love,
Dorie
Continuing to pray for you day by day. Like manna in the wilderness, may God's grace be sufficient for each day.
Nancy and Anthony -
We pray that you both will continue to heal and we pray that y'all know how much we all love and support you! We think of you guys many times through out the day and still are amazed at how awesome y'all are to go through so many difficult times and yet still bring joy and help to those in need. Please know we love y'all and still think of Tessa daily!!
Love,
Brandey
Nancy,
That's a wonderful thing you are doing in Tessa's honor. It's awesome to know how much you all are thinking of others during this time.
I think of you guys often and I hope to talk with you soon.
I hope your alls first day back at work was good.
Love
Shelly
We think of you both so much! We are still praying for you. Please call us if you ever need anything!
Dana,David, Ann, Joey, and kids
You both remain in my prayers day and night! You are amazing in all that you do for others! Little Tessa is very proud of her parents! I pray that both of you were able to begin today knowing that your little girl was watching over you! I'm certain your friends and co-workers met you both with open arms, hugs and prayers today. Please know that we send all our love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti
I continue to pray for both of you each day. I also think of little Tessa every day. My daughter competes on a dance team. She is dancing a solo that talks about God placing angels on earth and talks about Him taking them back to Heaven to be with Him. Today I went in a few minutes early to pick her up from dance class and watched her dance her solo. Tears started rolling down my face, as all I could think about was your precious little angel, Tessa. The dance teacher thought I was crazy until I told her Tessa's story, then she was crying too. I know Tessa will be up in Heaven watching over Ashley each time she dances to this song. She is also watching over the both of you each day.
Jennifer (Dani Jo's Aunt)
you both continue in thought and prayer.
pam thomas
As Tessa touched the lives and hearts of so many, you both are continuing to honor her as you help others in need. Thank you for giving so unselfishly during this time of healing for both of you. May you continue to grow closer to each other and to God. You are in my prayers.
Mary Lu
Tessa is never far from my thoughts. Cara
Nancy--I am crying just watching you prepare your milk so that others may benefit. You are so courageous and so brave! I love you very much for the phenomenal woman that you are and give strength to all of us women that have the pleasure in knowing you. I send you a hug and kiss each day for I know that you hurt daily and because of this my heart hurts for you. Please know that you are a true blessing sent from God and I know that one day when the time is right, God will bless you again with another angel-Only this one will have a little bit of "Tessa" because she is there where angels are created and she and Jesus will both have a hand in creating that perfect one for you! So you will be blessed double! I love you and please call whenever you need--I am here day or night--Luv you Amanda
Thank you both so much for coming by the NICU tonight. It was so great to see all the beautiful pictures of Tessa. We are always thinking of you. We love you both.
I am starting my day like I always do....looking at pictures of your precious angel Tessa. You guys are in my constant thought and prayers. I am so proud of the both of you. Even after everything you still continue to think of and help others. You are amazing people! God Bless!
Love you guys,
Melissa
This is the song my daughter is dancing her solo to that makes me think of Tessa. The song is "Borrowed Angels."
They shine a little brighter.
They feel a little more.
They touch your life in ways no one has ever done before.
They love a little stronger.
They live to give their best.
They make our lives so blest, so why do they go so soon?
I heard someone say...
There must be borrowed angels, here in this life.
They come along, into this world, and make this world bright.
But they can't stay forever,
Cause they're Heaven sent.
And sometimes, Heaven needs them back again.
They reach a little deeper.
They see what's in your soul.
And even when they leave you know, you'll never let them go.
The world's a little richer, just cause they came along.
Their love goes on and on, so why do they go so soon?
The ones with souls so beautiful.
I heard someone say...
There must be borrowed angels, here in this life.
They come along, into this world, and make this world bright.
They can't stay forever, cause they're Heaven sent.
And sometimes, Heaven needs them back again.
Tessa was truly a Borrowed Angel that made this world bright and we are all a little richer by knowing her and her parents. I continue to pray for both of you and think of Tessa daily.
Jennifer (Dani Jo's aunt)
Nancy & Anthony, I am so glad to see that ya'll have blogged back on. Ya'll had me worried. It is so good to get to hear from you. Everyday I have been looking back at your little angel Tessa's pictures when I have time. We miss her. I know ya'll miss her very much! I agree with everyone else. Y'all have sure been a blessing to alot of people dispite your heartache. I wish I could say that I could be as strong as ya'll have been. You don't realize how many people you and your little Tessa has blessed. I know that each day has got to be a challenge for you and yet ya'll still find someone to be a blessing to. I know your little Tessa is definately proud of ya'll. Tessa was so blessed to have you as her parents. Nancy, I'm glad you have still been able to donate milk. Like I said before, I had no idea how much of a need there was for it. I hope that both of ya'lls first day of work went ok. May God continue to bless you and give you the comfort you still need during this difficult time. We love ya'll and think and pray for ya'll often. We hope that maybe when things settle down for ya'll and ya'll have more time that David & I could come and see you. Please take care.
Joya, David & Family
Post a Comment