Monday, February 18, 2008

Little Creek

We miss Tessa so much. Yesterday, we drove to our cabin on Little Creek so that we could visit the cemetery. It was nice being there because we feel so close to Tessa. The cabin is a place of calm and solitude and we enjoyed building a fire and sitting by the fireplace. As the weather gets warmer, we plan to spend more weekends there. We have returned to work but every day is still very difficult. It is hard returning home, knowing that she is not there. Continue to keep us in prayer.
On Valentine's Day we delivered cupcakes and photos of Tessa to the NICU at Women's Hospital. The staff was more excited over the photos than the cupcakes. We took enough for each one to pick one or more photos to keep. They were a real hit. We loved being back there with our many friends and hearing the many stories of how Tessa left her mark on the NICU and the hearts of everyone there. We are truly blessed to have their continuing support and have made many lifelong friends. We returned to the NICU last night to visit with the weekend staff because we missed seeing them on Thursday.
We have so many fond memories of our time with Tessa and talking about her brings us joy. When we are feeling down, we always try to focus on these wonderful times and are so thankful that we were able to spend so much time with her while she was here with us. It doesn't prevent us from missing her but it helps us through each day. God gave us these moments and we will cherish them for our lifetime. Our faith is still strong and we still believe in God's mighty purpose for Tessa. Her work continues in our life and the lives of others every day. Thanks to everyone for giving of themselves in Tessa's honor. We hope you continue to do so every day.

Psalm 30:5
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE CONTINUE TO THINK OF YOU EVERYDAY. GOOD FRIENDS ARE HARD TO FIND AND WE HAVE SURELY FOUND THEM
IN THE BOTH OF YOU. YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU.
LOVE YOU BOTH
KAY HEATHER MAKAYLA AND DAVID

Anonymous said...

WOW-this picture is beautiful! I know in my heart that being near Litte Tessa's resting place is soothing. Calm and solitude help to cleanse your souls and I know that your little angel is with you all the time and helping to bring peace to your hearts! You are right, God gave you those memories for a lifetime and her legacy lives on every day! She touched so many souls and so many hearts--the number is immeasurable. I pray for you both every day and know that God's little angel is watching over you both. When you are feeling sad, know that she is sending hugs and kisses and that alone will make you both smile! Her love is forever wrapped around you both! Sending all my love, hugs, kisses, thoughts and prayers!
Misti

Anonymous said...

Be assured that not a single day passes without my thinking about and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

It was so sweet of you two to share the cupcakes and pictures. Both of you know the true meaning of God's love. You show it in the things you do. Our prayer is that God will help you each day. I know the days are sad for you but one day you will see Tessa again. I'm glad you have a place of solitude to come to. I think "the Little Creek haven" was meant for you two. We love you!

Anonymous said...

We pray for you everyday and are constantly thinking of you both. You two are amazing people and it is incredible how you are continuing to share Tessa with the world.

Dana, David, Ann, and kids

Anonymous said...

Little creek is so beautiful. I had no idea it was so big. I am so glad it is comforting to go there.Thanks goodness Spring is on its way and lots of trips are ahead. GIGI

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy and Anthony. That's a beautiful photo of the creek. Thinking of you both.
-MelanieG

Anonymous said...

The sky is filled with Angels
With puffy lacy wings
The remnants of God's beauty
With treasures they now bring

Each one of them a Guardian
That travels in the sky
To watch throughout eternity
Their parents from on high

Smiles that come from Angels
They fall like crystal rain
Eases earthly burdens
Lifting all life's pain

Halos so astounding
That glitter gold each day
Following their loved ones
In such a perfect way

Wings in gentle breezes
That fall from up above
Kissing every parent
With everlasting love

Angels soar through heaven
With everlasting light
Looking down from heaven
Saying their "goodnights"

Kissing all who loved them
So gently on the face
This life's tender mercy
Each parent can embrace

Wings and shiny halos
Travel from on high
Surrounding all their loved ones
They never say good-bye.

the picture of "Little Creek" that runs behind your cabin is a little piece of heaven....a place where the three of you can be at peace and you know little Tessa is watching you...every time you hear a bird chirp or see precious little butterflies, hear the creek run--you know that she is not far.

We think about the three of you each and every day...wondering how you are, what you are doing....missing you both very very much and wanting to be able to do something that would make all your pain go away..but that is only something that time can do....the love and support the two of you have for each other is amazing.

I love and miss you both!! I am only a phone call away (and 5 hrs) but I will be there if you ever need me...

hugs and kisses....xxxooo
aunt gogo

Anonymous said...

This picture reminds me of Psalms 23:2-3 "He leads me beside the still waters"
It looks so peaceful. I'm glad you have that little "getaway".

Thank you for posting Anthony. It helps all of us know that you're doing ok.

Give Nan my love!
Patty

Anonymous said...

I really hate I didn't get to see you on Valentine's Day. You are all three in my heart each day and in my prayers each night!

Alex

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony - I clicked on the blog tonight to see Tessa's beautiful journey so that I would have wonderful inspiration for the scrapbook page I am doing in memory of her! She is such a special angel and y'all are also special angels. I think I will add a page to Tessa's page in honor of you two - y'all are an inspiration to so many people - through y'all, her Mommy and Daddy, Tessa has been able, and will continue, to touch a huge number of lives. Please know that we love you and think of you daily! You will forever be in our prayers, and our hearts.

Love,
Brandey

Anonymous said...

The picture of Little Creek is beautiful just like your precious daughter. I am constantly thinking about you guys and wondering how you are doing. I am sure you were more at peace being near Tessa's resting place. Just remember no matter where you are or what you are doing Tessa is right there with you. She will never leave your side. Continue to keep your strong faith. Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy and Anthony

I do not believe there is a day that goes by that I do not think of you guys.
I lost my brother-in-law on January 26th and it was so sad because he was going to be a grandfather this month, but did not live to see his granddaughter be born. Bob loved children more than anything and they loved him also. I would like to think that he is with Tessa and that they are having a grand time. Take care and know that we still think of you and hope that in time your pain will not be so great and that your memories will sustain you both.

Love
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thank you both so much for the beautiful pictures you brought to the NICU. They sure didn't last long around here. It is so nice to have a little picture that we can always see her and remember the special place that she left in so many peoples hearts. Hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the pictures and cupcakes you brought to the NICU. You are always so kind and thoughtful in everything you do. I will continue to pray for your strength everyday.

Michele

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for you everyday. We love you.
Joey & Amanda

jennjenn said...

I think of both of you each day and my heart still aches for you. This is such a beautiful picture, so fitting for Tessa. She is a beautiful angel with the most beautiful parents ever.

Jennifer (Dani Jo's aunt)

Joya said...

Nancy & Anthony, we are glad you were able to go to your little cabin by the creek this past weekend. It sure looks like a beautiful place! I know being near Tessa's resting place must be comforting to you. I hope ya'll know that she has got to be looking down on you from Heaven so proud of you. I also believe she is with you everywhere you go. I know she wouldn't want ya'll to be sad. I know ya'll have got to miss her so much! My heart still aches for ya'll. I am sure glad that God gives us memories because if we didn't have anything, we at least have our memories. I know the memories ya'll had with your little angel our priceless and will last a lifetime. Tessa (like so many of us has said in the past) touched so many lives in just a short time. Ya'll just don't realize how may people you and your little girl have reached out to and how many lives ya'll have probably changed forever! I hope ya'll always know the love that each of us feel for you. Alot of us just met ya'll in the NICU and ya'll didn't have to reach out to us, but you did. To that we are so grateful to ya'll! We would have missed so much not getting to meet you or your little angel Tessa! You took time out of your own lives, your own problems to reach out to total strangers. That says alot about ya'll. I wish there were more people like ya'll in the world today. The world would sure be a better place. I know that ya'll really like going to your cabin, but please just remember one thing, that ya'll have alot of people here in N.C. who love ya'll and are here for ya'll if you are to ever need us. We still think and pray for ya'll everyday and hope that God is giving you the comfort only He can give that will sustain you. Thanks again for all you've done for everyone. Please take care! Thanks for blogging on and letting us know how ya'll are doing. We love ya'll!

Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,
You both are in my thoughts and prayers! Thinking of you and praying that your doing well! If you need anything, please let me know. Sending all my love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,
Just to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope and pray that you are doing okay. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for you every single day.