Everyone who meets Tessa instantly falls in love. She is such a sweet baby girl and we are so proud to be her mom and dad. It is an honor and privilege to be called "Tessa's parents" when being introduced to someone new.
As usual, today has been another day of ups and downs. Dr. Hoffman has never been far away; constantly monitoring her status and making appropriate changes. While on ECMO, blood gas levels, blood sugar, lactic acid, kidney function, blood pressure and oxygen saturation can change very quickly. Part of the challenge is finding the so called "sweet spot" where the canula position is the most effective at sending oxygenated blood through the heart.
After the changes this morning, Tessa has been stable most of the day. Later this afternoon, the doctors decided to proceed with an echocardiogram because of some changes in blood pressure and kidney function. The results of the echocardiogram prompted another flurry of changes. It showed the right ventricle of her heart swollen and dilated. This indicates constricted vessels in her lungs and can also be an early sign of infection. This temporary swelling works against the ECMO in getting blood through her heart. Her belly is very full so they have suspended her feedings. They have placed her back on nitric oxide to dilate the vessels in her lungs and restarted milrinone to relax blood vessels throughout her body. She is now receiving dopamine which will help raise her blood pressure. They are continuing her antibiotics and have sent more blood cultures to the lab to test for infection.
Tessa is still very sick so please continue in prayer. Her oxygen saturations and kidney function are better following the changes made this evening. We are constantly in awe of the knowledge God provides us with in treating all manner of sickness and disease.
Matthew 4:23
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Sweet Baby Girl
at
8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Tessa is constantly in our prayers. We are all praying and hoping for the very best for your sweet baby girl.
Baby Joey's family
We are constantly praying for Tessa
She in our heart and mind always.
We hope to see you all soon.
May God be with all three of you.
Love,
David Kay Heather and MaKayla
Who could not love your little sweet angel? She is such a joy to meet! We know that ya'll have to be honored to be her parents. We are sorry to hear that ya'll have had another day of ups and downs. We just have to keep in our mind that God knows what is going on with Tessa and He knows what's best for her more than we do. We hope that Tessa will be stable the rest of the night and that she will get some much needed rest and that her mommy and daddy will get some much needed rest too. We will be thinking & praying for you throughout the night. We will check back in with you tommorrow. Till then may God ya'll in arms. Tessa, please get a good night sleep so mommy and daddy and the doctors won't have to worry about you so much. We love you. Get better soon.
Joya, David & Family
P.S. That is a good close up of Tessa. We have missed getting to see those cute close ups of her cute little face lately. You sure have an angel.
Joya, David & Family
Sweet baby girl Tessa you are always on my mind and in my prayers..ever loving and giving Tessa's Mom and with Tessa's loving and rejoicing Dad... you are Tessa's wings...God speed her flight to healing.
Tessa- You, your mommy and daddy and all the loving people praying for you have touched my heart so deeply. It's amazing how you have brought so many of us together. You truly are a gift from God.
41 candles Sweet Baby Girl!!
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=tessa
Baby Tessa,
As I look at your sweet picture tonight, I think about how much I would like to hold you and tell you everything is going to be alright. But I can't do that, so I will hold you in my heart.
Prayers for you and your Mommy and Daddy.
WEW
Nancy and Anthony,
I feel it is an honor and privilege to be called a friend of the Woodyard family. I also feel very honored to be a part of the army of people praying for Tessa.
Anthony, you remind me of the man who built his house on a rock! "The floods came and the winds blew but his house did not fall!!"
Heavenly Father,
Thank You that You are able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine.Lord, I think of all the accounts in your word where you healed the sick. Do it again Lord, do it again for Tessa I pray.
Thank you for Anthony and Nancy. I pray God that you be their rock, their helper, their hope. Give them strength. In Jesus' name, Amen
I love you all and hope you have a day that you feel the Lord's presence all around you.
Patty
Anthony and Nancy,
I know how your heart's ache for this precious baby girl. I just called my mom and my Aunt to pray together right now for God to heal Tessa and for you to be able to see signs of that process TODAY! They are strong prayer warriors and I feel like the Holy Spirit directed me to do that for Tessa today. I am very hopeful that you will see miraculous signs TODAY in the healing of little Tessa.
Tessa is constantly in my prayers and will always be in my heart.
It is so wonderful to see a picture of your precious baby girl this morning! She truly is beautiful! We continue to pray for her and know that God has his hand in her healing. We pray that God continues to watch over you and Anthony and provides you with strength, comfort and peace during these times. Connor is here with me and he said "Stay strong Baby Tessa, stay strong! We love you!"
Sending all our thoughts, prayers, hugs, kisses and love!
Misti and the crew
DEAR ANTHONY ,NANCY
ITS BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE I HAVE LEFT A MESSAGE BUT I HAVE BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME PRAYING AND WATCHING THE UPDATES U POST. I NEVER TURN MY COMP. OFF. I JUST LEAVE IT OPEN TO YOUR BLOG AND CK FOR UPDATES THROUGHOUT THE DAY. SHE LOOKS SO PRECIOUS THIS A.M. GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL. IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS IN THE BEST OF HUMAN HANDS THERE AT BRENNERS. NURSE TEDDY LOOKS SO KIND AND WATCHFUL.I CAN SEE THAT ALL THE STAFF IS SUCH A SUPPORT SYSTEM FOR BOTH U AND NANCY AND FOR BABY TESSA. THERES A CHURCH BILLOARD UP HERE THAT SAYS...YOU CANT HAVE A TESTIMONY ...WITHOUT THE TEST. I THOUGHT U MIGHT LIKE THAT. GIVE NANCY A BIG HUG FOR US, AND BLOW OUR LITTLE ANGEL A KISS FROM VA.
UNTIL THEN
SIS SONJA
PRAYER WARRIOR #ONE BILLION...AND COUNTING
Sweet baby Tessa, you are so beautiful. I pray for you every day sweetie to get well soon!
Who wouldn't fall in love with your sweet little Tessa. She is so very precious. Keep the faith like you have been doing. I pray constantly for Tessa and also the both of you.
Love to all,
Dorie
Praying and praying for sweet Baby Tessa and her dear parents.
My heart & prayers are with the 3 of you.
Post a Comment