We called in during the night and Tessa's condition has remained stable. It is so difficult to see her so very sick. We worry constantly but trust in God's healing for Tessa. Never did we think we would be here at this moment and we continually ask God for strength.
We visit with Tessa frequently but do not stay for long periods of time. They are constantly monitoring and making small changes to the ECMO circuit and it is very easy to become overwhelmed. All seems to be going well with some expected bumps in the road. Tessa's fingers and toes have become very dark with a bruised appearance. This has us very concerned but we have been told that this sometimes happens. It could be caused by the viral infection and poor oxygenation of these areas prior to going on the ECMO. They are watching them closely. Her urine output was decreasing so they gave her a small dose of a diuretic. She is getting very swollen as expected and when she is more stable they will give her a larger dose of diuretic to eliminate the excess fluid. She has good bowel sounds and is doing well with her feedings so far. They will be increasing the amount of milk over the course of the day today and hope to have her up to 14ml per hour by tomorrow.
We love this little girl so much and just want her to get better soon yet we understand that it could take weeks for her lungs to recover. We try to wait patiently as God completes his healing.
Romans 8:25
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
A Stable Night
at
12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love Kelly
I don't know what to say. My heart hurts for you guys. My constant prayers for Tessa's improvement. God be with you all.
Love,
Dorie
My heart is hurting for you guys watching your baby girl go through this. I am only glad that you know Jesus as your Lord and that you understand everything comes from Him. You also understand the love that God has for us as His children. You hit the nail on the head when you commented on how you now know the depth of God's love for us because you know how much you love Tessa as your own. I pray that you find peace in knowing how much God loves you both and that beautiful baby girl of yours. I am praying for Tessa constantly.
Tammy Meredith
We constantly pray for Tessa's healing and for continual strength for Mommy and Daddy.
Remember that God chose you for Tessa. He knew that you could take on this burden. This is indeed a heavy cross to bear but look what He did for us. Keep going, Victorious family. You are constantly on the minds and in the prayers of many. You are not alone. I hope you feel the presence of all your prayer warriors. ...and I love the picture of Tessa. I can still see her halo is still unwaivering...hallelujah.
continuing to keep Tessa and you both close in thought and prayer.
i'm at work thursday. i'll come by the picu and check on you and tessa.
love,
pam thomas rn
We must all focus on Little Tessa getting well. The prayers for your family are never ending. Our hearts truly pour out to you and Anthony. We pray for peace, comfort and rest for you 2, as well as, Little Tessa. I cannot imagine all that you all are going through, but you two are a true testament to your faith and God will not let you down. You all have taught each of us so much just by sharing your daughter with us and we could never ever thank you enough. Please know that we will not stop with our prayers, that God will deliver her health in his time, he knows what is best. Sending all our thoughts, prayers and love!
Misti and the crew
It is amazing to know that even with the way things are in the world right now people can come together like this for such a beautiful baby. Tessa has brought so many people together and closer to God. Tessa has already done so much good in her life. She is a fighter. She has great things ahead for her. You are an awesome family and a testiment to faith in God. I am praying for the three of you and I can only hope that more families would have as much strength and faith.
Constantly in my Prayers
Allyson
Hang in there sweet little Tessa! My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
know that we are all with you waiting patiently and praying expectantly. We will not stop!!
Love ya'll!
Patty
We are stumped for words and I have to admit are heart is hurting and aching for ya'll. All we've wanted was for ya'll to get to take your Little Angel home and everything be over. Ya'll have been through so much and have been so strong. I can't even begin to imagine how and what all ya'll are going through. It's got to be hard seeing your little precious girl go through this. I know there are alot of us out there who would volunteer to take her place if we could. All we can keep doing is pray for the 3 of ya'll and hope for a miracle. We love ya'll and thank you for taking time to get to know us when Kayden was in the NICU at Womens. Ya'll have been such a blessing. We will keep ya'll in our thoughts and prayers. Don't hesitate to call us if you need us.
Joya, David & Family
I check Tessa's blog throughout the day at work. There are so many people praying for her. God has proven He hears our prayers for Dani Jo and I know He hears all of the prayers being said for Tessa. May God bless you all.
Jennifer (Dani Jo's aunt)
We will continue praying for your family. You are in our constant thoughts.
Love,
Ellen & Dean
Tessa Nicole,
You were sent here early to teach us to love. May you keep showing us the way.
Bless you and keep resting while ECMO does its magic.
Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
I just left you all at the hospital and I went by my parents house and we had special prayer for Tessa and the both of you. I told my Dad and Marie this was an urgent request.I am thinking of you.
Kelly Barbour RN
I wish I could take your pain and anguish away. May God continue to provide comfort to you. I know he hears the prayers of the thousands that are praying for Tessa.
Cathy NP
We are continuing to pray for Tessa and pray that this difficult time will end very soon!
Brandey
I am continuing in prayer for Tessa. I wish I could take the hurting away. Cara
I know I haven't stayed in touch much, but I have been keeping up with Tessa, You all have been in my thoughts and prayers. I work Thursday, so I'll try and stop by, let me know if you need anything.
Sabrina RN
Post a Comment