Looking out Tessa's window, there is a gas station nearby with a sign on the roof. It says, "Get Well Soon!" This is our most sincere prayer for Tessa. God places people and objects in our life and may he bless the creator of this sign along with all of you. Your concern and love for Tessa gives us comfort and hope.
In addition to the catheter in her neck, they have also inserted an arterial line into Tessa's groin area to easily take blood. While she is on ECMO they must draw blood for labs every hour to test blood gases and clotting time. She is on heparin to control blood clots and they must test clotting time regularly. She is at risk for internal bleeding so they completed another cranial ultrasound this morning. The preliminary report showed no signs of problems. Praise God. They are having some issues with blood pressure and oxygen saturations but it is expected that it will take some time to adapt the ECMO and medications to her needs. She has a urinary catheter to collect her urine. It is tested for lactic acid levels which were initially elevated but now have come down to an acceptable level. Lastly, she has a peripheral IV in her right arm. This is used to give her platelets which get depleted from her blood while on ECMO. We both have previously donated blood and platelets to the American Red Cross and are humbled that Tessa is now being helped through the generosity of other anonymous donors. We encourage anyone who is able to donate blood or platelets in Tessa's honor whenever there is an opportunity. It takes 4-5 cups of blood to initially prime the ECMO equipment and Tessa will be receiving blood and platelets frequently.
God is certainly in control and is cradling Tessa in his loving arms. We take comfort in his promises given to us through his holy word.
Genesis 50:21
Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Get Well Soon!
at
2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Thank you for your constant updates - you are the best in doing that for all of us unable to be there with you. Please know I'll continue to do my praying for your family.
Love,
Dorie
Dorie is right! We appreciate your diligence in keeping us informed of Tessa's progress.
God is holding Tessa's hand (and Mommy's and Daddy's too).
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.
Through Him all things are possible!! Love to you all!
We are happy to hear that there haven't been any problems, that is a sign from above. I'm praying that God will continue to guide the doctors and nurses in her care. I hope that you two have been able to spend the day by her side, she knows that you all are there. We continue with our prayers for the 3 of you! Please know that we will not stop. Sending all our love, thoughts and prayers!
Misti and the crew
Thanks for the updates, it keeps us close!
I can't begin to express all the thoughts and prayers that are welling up inside me for all of you. It has been a flood of emotions ever since I received Marty's urgent request for prayer last night after you briefly talked to Gordon. Tessa is being prayed for by so many as are you both. I pray for God's healing for Tessa and His comfort and peace for you while you wait.
Mary Lu
This is a very difficult time. May this be one of those times that God gives you that makes you a stronger person and strenghtens your faith in him. Tessa has God by her side and hundreds if not thousands of people praying for her. Take comfort in each small accomplishment. As always thank you for the updates and your family is in my prayers.
Allyson
GREAT sign!!!
If I could, I'd skywrite a huge Get Well for you Tessa. I'd yell it from the tallest mountain and from the deepest valley! If all your pain could be taken away all your well wishers would have already done it! There are so many who wish they could do more. ... If any family member can suggest anything at all that can be done for Anthony and Nancy, please just say the word and it'll be done! I continue to pray but wish I could do more.
Love to Tessa and her entire family near and far.
Anthony,
I continue to be amazed and in awe of your faith and strength. When so many would be dealing with the stress of this rollercoaster with all sorts of negativity, you continue to praise the Lord and share His Word.
When Tessa is old enough to understand, she is going to realize what a Godly man her earthly father is. Imagine her sharing this journal with her firstborn as she shares a hammock with them on a warm summer day. Imagine Nancy sharing excerpts at each birthday party after Tessa blows out the candles and all the children from her Sunday School and elementary school run around laughing as she opens presents.
Praise the Lord that she won't remember any of this pain.But you will. You will absorb it and it will become part of who you are.
It will be a constant reminder of His goodness.
Prayers...daily.
Terri
Thinking of you all..
Love Kelly
Psalm 91 is the prayer I pray for the three of you every day. I have not forgotten that today is Tessa's due date. I want you to tell those nurses and resp. therapists what a special little girl she is. She nursed before she left Womens, she passed her car seat test, her hearing test,and won the heart of every one there. We all miss her as we miss both of you. Love Cara
Terri, I don't know you but I agree. Anthony amazes us all. It is Tessa's hushand who will be in trouble!
Tessa has such a strong soul and such a beautiful face. I miss seeing her each day but I know she is in the right place! Stay strong (all three of you) and know you are in our thoughts and prayers...Alex RRT
I have been praying for her and for the both of you. I will try to come over to PICU tomorrow and see you all. My heart has been with you all and really is now. You all have made an impact on me and I think you all are great.
Sweet Tessa...you are in my every thought, my every prayer.
Love, Emily
Great sign....it's like she was suppose to be in that specific room....it's has to be a comfort feeling knowing that Tessa is in the best (children's) hospital and with the best staff...they did wonders the first time she was there...and hopefully they will do wonders for her now...
love ya
aunt gogo
We appreciate all the up-dates you have given us. We know that it can't be easy having to just stand back and wait. Just remember that God is in control and he will be with you every step of the way. Tessa, we all want you to get better soon. You are a very special little girl who every body loves and you have a great mommy and daddy. We will be thinking and praying for ya'll.
Joya, David & Family
Post a Comment