Monday, October 15, 2007

Holding Hands

Daddy caught Tessa and mommy holding hands today. I think little Tessa loves holding mommy's hand. What do you think? Actually mommy enjoyed it too. Today has been a good day. Tessa is no longer on any of the antibiotics or blood pressure medication. She receives a sedative as needed when she get agitated or fussy. They do not want her to burn any extra calories unless needed. The nurses resumed her feedings today. She receives .3ml per hour. This is a very small amount but they need to see how her system will handle it before they feed her more. She is still on the oscillator but the plan is to change back to the regular ventilator tomorrow. Her vital signs, blood gases and blood sugar have remained good all day.
Anthony and Nancy both returned to work today. It was hard spending the day away from our little girl but the reward is being able to spend more time with her when she comes home. This will be a very special day. God has our family in his hands.

Proverbs 31:28
Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I think this is my most favorite picture yet!!! It gave me a lump in my throat!!
Im happy Tessa had a good day. I bet it was hard for both of you to keep your mind on work yesterday.
We are steadfast in our prayers!!
Love you all!!
Patty

Auntie gogo said...

this is a precious picture....she sure looks like she has a strong grip...I am glad little Tessa had a great day.....everyday she is getting stronger and stronger....she is a fighter...

love you all....
auntie gogo

Anonymous said...

That picture is precious! I LOVE IT! I know it was hard for you both to return to work but it will be worth it when Tessa comes home and you have time to spend with her then. I am glad that she had a good day yesterday. Praise God! As always, you three are in my constant thoughts and prayers.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Anthony & Family, I was so thrilled that someone let me know about this blog. I check it every day. Just letting you guys know that you are in our prayers. Little Tessa is adorable. I know it is hard but WOW what unshakable faith you are presenting. May God continue to richly bless you and your family. Love to you all from the Creek!
Catherine Butcher Collins

*LeahBateman* said...

oh my wow- this is simply priceless!
just letting you know that you 3 are in my prayers.
-LEAH :)

Anonymous said...

This picture is priceless. I know it's hard for you guys, but taking off when she gets home will be a lot better. Love and prayers to all.

Dorie