Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Going Home

New mom Nancy is going home today. Of course it is bittersweet because we are not taking our sweet Tessa with us. We do know that this is the best place for her right now. God has many angels watching over her.
The nurse removed the staples in Nancy's stomach today. It was a little painful but she is a strong woman. Nancy has been so strong throughout everything. She is also getting milk for Tessa that the nurses are saving in the deep freezer for the weeks to come. Tessa is being fed through her IV at the moment but will begin feeding on milk in the next couple of weeks.
We will be leaving the hospital room at around 4 today. The staff here has been so accomodating to us. We are so grateful. We will spend some additional time with Tessa and then head home for a while. My guess is that we will then be back before bedtime but will be spending the night at home. This will not be easy but we will be able to call in at any hour and speak directly with the nurse.
Psalm 119:76
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hello to all three of you, just got home from the beach, I have not been able to send a comment before now. We are praying for Tessa. Also, for you and nancy. God hears and answers prayer. Glad to hear nancy is doing well enough to go home. Glad you have pictures.

Love you all, Calvin and Mary

Anonymous said...

Anthony & Nancy,
What a blessing to read your blog about the last few days in your lives. As I read each post I sensed the peace that you have that can only come from our great God. I just love all the scripture you use at each post.
I want to visit with you soon but I want to make sure all your family and friends get to visit for a while.
Just wanted you to know that we are praying for Tessa and look forward to the day she will be a member of our nursery here at Christ Community Church. Please let us know what we can do for you in the next few months.

Blessings,
Debbie Cain
Director of Children's Ministry
Christ Community Church

Anonymous said...

you look great.....I am sure you feel alot better now that you can get up and move on your own.....make sure you take care of yourself and don't over do it.....

I love ya!
gloria