The doctors and nurses here have done such a great job of keeping us informed of Tessa's status. She is gaining strength back after being reconnected to the ventilator. Her small lungs get tired very easily. She was weighed today and "tipped the scale" at 1 lb 6 oz..... a gain of 2 oz. This may be a result of the extra fluids she is receiving but we are counting every ounce. She is having another cranial ultrasound tomorrow to once again check for bleeding in and around the brain. We pray that nothing has changed since the first scan.
When Tessa was put back on the ventilator, they suspended her feedings of breast milk to prevent any complications and to allow her to rest. She may begin receiving a small amount at a low rate from a syringe again tomorrow. They said that she handled the initial feeding very well. Regardless, it may may be a few more weeks before she begins putting on additional weight.
She is still battling blood sugar issues. When we left the hospital tonight, her blood sugar was 225. She is receiving low dose insulin to help regulate blood sugar levels. Continue to keep her in your prayers. She was resting very peacefully when we left the hospital tonight. Mommy and Daddy love her very much.
1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 comments:
6:50am
Good Morning!
Just checking in. Thanks for the update.They are so helpful in how to pray specific. I hope you and Nancy are able to get some rest. I know it must be so hard to leave Tessa at night.
Give Nancy and Tessa a kiss for me!!
Love you all!
Patty
She does look so restful and at peace in the picture. She is not curled up but laying all stretched out. Thanks again for the update. Praying for Tessa continued improvement.
Love you all,
Angie
Good morning all,
Nice to hear that Tessa is moving forward and gaining strength. So many prayers are being answered and so much to be thankful for.Yes, the doctors and nurses have done a wonderful job.
Hope Mommy and Daddy got some rest last night and find things continuing to improve when they see their dear little Tessa today.
Please give her a hug for me.
Love,
Bev
Good morning and congratulations on her continued good progress. What a wonderful picture of her! She looks very comfortable laying on her stomach. Thanks for all the updates on how your family is doing. I hope that you had a good evening and hope that there is more good news today.
With love
Kinzey
Good Morning!
I wanted to touch base.. What a sweet picture.. I am so glad she is gaining weight. Thinking of you all. Call me and I will bring you some Pavillion food this week.
Love Kelly
Good Morning
I love the picture of her on her stomach. Still saying lots of prayers for little Tessa. She's a strong one for sure just like her Mommy and Daddy.
I hope she rested well last night and I'll be looking forward to the next update.
Lots of love
Shelly
Good morning! I have been unable to check the website since Sat and it was so hard to not know what was going on. I am so glad to read of Tessa's continued progress. Prayers are working! I love the picture! I can't wait to meet Little Miss Tessa. I hope Mommy and Daddy are getting rest at night. I know it has to be really hard to leave your little angel at night but she is in good hands. As always you three are in my constant thoughts and prayers. God Bless!
Love,
Melissa
Hey you guys. This is Leah (Laura's step-daughter). I just wanted to say that Tessa is beautiful. You three are going to make a wonderful family.
CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
~LEAH
Post a Comment