Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Freddy is Back

Now that she is feeling better, Tessa gets to have her snuggly Frederick T. Frog back with her in her isolette. Freddy is a positioning aid filled with beads that helps keep her comfortable. She loves it.
They have been monitoring Tessa's blood gases and the results have been good all day. Unfortunately, each time they need a blood sample they have to prick her heel. She has been taken off the high frequency jet ventilator. She is now on the conventional ventilator and has adjusted well. She seems ready for surgery and they will be taking her down to the operating room sometime tomorrow morning. The final surgery schedule is not determined until after midnight tonight. She will be getting a stress dose of hydrocortizone during the night to boost her adrenal system in preparation for surgery.
Also today, Tessa had several x-rays and another cranial ultrasound. These were simply routine tests to followup on the previous ones that she has received. In the cranial ultrasound, they will look for any additional bleeding and we should receive the results tomorrow. Jesus says that he is with us always and we know that even though we cannot go with Tessa to surgery tomorrow, he will be there with her each and every moment to see her through successfully.

Matthew 28:20
I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

9 comments:

Joya said...

We will be thinking and praying for ya'll alot tomorrow! I know God is in control and he will be watching over Tessa every minute! Plus, Tessa is such alittle fighter! I'm sure she'll do fine! Please try to get some extra rest tonight! Lots of Love sent ya'lls way!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Tessa tomorrow with her surgery, get some rest tonight and keep us updated!
Sallie NNP

Anonymous said...

I still have the scars from the heel pricks given to me when I was a preemie. Tessa will be okay... shoes with extra heel padding have always helped me. I have never been able to wear the hard flip flops though. As a kid, I don't remember problems, but as a teenager and adult, if I go shopping and stand on my feet for long periods of time I need cushy shoes especially in the heels. she's a tough cookie and I continue to pray for her! Love, Diane

Anonymous said...

It was so good to talk to you last night Nancy. We all missed you. I felt sorry for dad every time he went to the door by himself!!

Tessa is in the forefront of my mind always. I will be in prayer for all of you today.I have been praying for the doctors as well!!
Love you all!
Patty

Auntie gogo said...

WOW...I love the flicker photos...I made one my screensave....I was smiling at everyone til I got to the one where they were putting her into the rescue to take her to Brenners...then tears came....We will be praying that things go well with the surgery. Grandma and I can't wait to see you guys this weekend....hugs and kisses to Tessa....oh yeah...to you guys too.....
love aunt gogo

Anonymous said...

Tessa, Anthony and Nancy,
We continue in prayer for the Tessa and her wonderful loving parents. Great Mawmaw prayers constantly for Tessa and you and Nancy. She has great faith. "The Prayer of a Righteous Man Availeth Much" (James 5:16), this scipture is for you today. God will be with you to help you thru the wait as surgery is performed for her. When I think of Tessa, I think about the scriptures of Jesus bidding the little children to him.

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

You three are in my constant thoughts and prayers. God will be with Tessa this morning during her surgery and he will keep her safe. Tessa is such a fighter! You have a wonderful team of doctors and nurses to take care of your little angel. Thanks so much again for keeping us updated. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I am waiting confidently to hear that Tessa has come through the surgery with flying colors and that she is on her way to gaining weight and stabilizing. God is in control.

Shelly Arthur said...

Waiting to hear the good news that Tessa is out of surgery and doing just fine. God is watching over your little girl and will continue during this surgery.

You three are in my thoughts and prayers as always.

Love
Shelly