Today has been a good day for all of us. God gives us great peace. Tessa has slept most of the day and has not needed any sedation. Nancy and I were able to get some additional rest last night and our bodies feel much stronger.
We met with the neonatologist and the nurse practitioner today and received some encouraging news. Although surgery to fix the PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) in Tessa's heart is still a likely possibility, the heart murmur caused by the PDA has gotten louder which indicates that it may be shrinking in size. If this is the case, surgery may not be necessary. An echocardiogram will be conducted tomorrow which will tell them if the size of the PDA has changed. We pray that it has gotten smaller and if so, to God be the glory. If not, we know that it is in God's hands. After reviewing the results, the doctors will decide an appropriate course of action.
Tessa has slept most of the day but has continued having desats (sudden oxygen desaturation of the blood). Do pray that these will come to an end. They are very hard for us, especially when they have to use the ambu bag to bring her oxygen levels back up. Her CO2 levels in her blood were slightly elevated today so they adjusted her ventilator settings. The next blood gas test should show improvement. All other tests and vital signs have been good today. We are thankful for your many prayers. We know that God answers prayer.
Matthew 26:39
And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Encouraging News
at
10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
She is such a precious gift from God. I know that God is with the 3 of you. I continue to pray for you each and every day. She is just sooo darn cute. Hugs and Kisses
Love,
Tracy
Good morning Woodyard family. I am glad to hear the encouraging news that the murmur is louder and I pray that the echocardiogram shows that the PDA is closing. Whatever the outcome, God will take care of Tessa like he always has. I am also glad to hear that all three of you have been able to rest. That is so important for all of you. I pray for another good day.
Love you guys,
Melissa
that is great news....!! she is a strong little angel...I am glad you guys got MUCH needed rest....I know its very stressful emotionally and physically..trying to work then go and spend as much time as your can with Tessa ...then go home--then up every couple hours to pump and then start the cycle over again...but its worth it...to be able to see your sweet little Tessa look at you...she knows her mommy and daddy love her very much.....xxxooooxxx
love you all..
aunt gogo
Tessa this has to be the sweetest picture I've seen so far of you. Your sweet little eyes are adorable.
Anthony & Nancy, I hope she has a good day and you hear only good news.
Love from us and Great Mawmaw
What a good picture, Tessa. Mommy and Daddy are so lucky to have such a sweet little girl in their lives. Your eyes are so wide open and beautiful. Wish I was there to see all of you.
Hope you all are doing well today and we are sending hugs and many prayers your way. Please get some rest Nancy and Anthony.
Love to the 3 of you,
Bev
Continuing to pray that today's test will show the PDA closing. He is able!
Hi Nancy,
Although we've not talked in ages I have asked about you. Through the Northern VA grapevine we heard you were pregnant and then we hear this.
Tessa is a precious gift and my heart aches for what you are going through. You don't understand until you have one of your own how they just grab your heart. I will keep checking this site (which is wonderful by the way).
Be strong!
God Bless,
Jeff & Tammy Fanning
Post a Comment