Please continue to keep us in prayer. Waking up each day to the reality of what has happened is so hard for us. We had so many plans for watching Tessa grow up and celebrating life's milestones along the way. Our hearts are still heavy with grief.
We do find comfort in helping others and have promised Tessa that we will make her proud of our efforts. On Friday, we drove to the Red Cross in Winston-Salem so I could donate platelets. It took about 2 hours and the amount donated was enough to help two adult patients. Platelets can be donated every two weeks and we plan to donate regularly in Tessa's honor. Nancy is donating breast milk to the Human Milk Bank in Raleigh, NC. The milk is pasteurized and distributed to sick babies and children who will benefit from receiving human milk rather than formula. This is an awesome gift to these children.
We also plan to donate any money that was sent to Tessa to the Family Support Network. Their support for us over the past 4 months has been amazing. Thanks also to everyone for their gifts to the Family Support Network and the Ronald McDonald House in honor of Tessa. We certainly pray that Tessa's legacy will be one of hope and faith in God and helping others in need. Thanks to all of you for helping us during this most difficult of times. Thanks for the many prayers and the hundreds of emails, cards and letters. Each one is very special to us.
Psalm 94:19
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

13 comments:
Anthony & Nancy,
I know this is such a hard time for you. Tessa will always be proud of her wonderful, loving parents. Her sweet spirit will always be with you. It is so great of you two to give so others can live. I know there are no words I can say but you are forever in our prayers and thoughts. I really appreciate you keeping the blog, I look at it so many times during the day. Tessa inspired more lives than any of us will ever know. I will give blood and whatever else I can do in her memory.
We love you,
Aunt S.
Anthony & Nancy, you two are truly the most giving people I have every known. You are always thinking of others and how you can help. What you are doing is truly wonderful gift and Tessa is so very proud to have you as parents. You two take care of each other.
Love,
Dorie
Nancy & Anthony,
I pray that you find peace in knowing all that your sweet precious daughter did in her time here with us! She taught us all so much, her legacy will be forever in our hearts. The 3 of you are such an inspiration to so many. We will continue to do all that we can in her memory. God's plan for her continues. May the memories you hold of your beautiful daughter help to comfort you during this time. Please know that she is watching over you both from Heaven and is right beside you every moment. May her love for you both wrap you in comfort. Sending all my love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti
I, too, check the blog regularly - in remembrance of a beautiful life and strong, wonderful parents. I was very happy to see a new posting just so I know how you two are doing. I think of you so often. In the midst of other activities and conversations, I will bring up your names and the ways you have inspired me personally. God loves you and so do I.
Joanne
Anthony and Tessa,
I am so honored to be your friend. Tessa is looking down on you and smiling the biggest smile. She is so proud of all that you are doing in her honor. When I look at the two of you I am just amazed. I am so glad that you have been posting on the website. This website has become such a big part of my life. I still look forward to seeing Tessa's sweet face every day. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. I pray for you to find comfort and strength in all the prayers that are sent up for you.
Nancy and Anthony,
I, too, still check regularly for updates to see how the two of you are doing. We continue to pray for the two of you and think of you often through out the day. We will always remember Tessa and she will forever be in our hearts. I am making a special page for her in Logan's scrapbook using the picture that Gloria brought "just for Logan." Please know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers and forever in our hearts.
All our love,
Brandey
See!! ...I continue to see Tessa EVERY day! I see her today in your re-telling of your generous donation of platelets. I do believe you are asking us to "pay it forward"...OR "Pray it forward"...:)... That is so easy to do when it's in honor of our little Tessa. Consider it done!
Anthony and Nancy,
My heart breaks for the two of you. Saturday I read through Tessa's entire blog and felt so many different emotions. I met the two of you only once but you and Tessa hold a special place in my heart. I continue to pray for the two of you. You are both truly amazing people and I know God will bless you.
Jennifer (Dani Jo's aunt)
A prayer for you both:
O merciful Father, who hast taught us in thy holy Word that thou dost not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men: Look with pity upon the sorrows of thy servants for whom our prayers are offered. Remember Nancy and Anthony, O Lord, in mercy, nourish their soul with patience, comfort them with a sense of thy goodness, lift up thy countenance upon them, and give them peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
All three of you will be in my heart continually. A candle will always remain lit for you.
I know it is still so hard to believe that this happened. It is like one of those bad dreams that you can't wake up from.
This also happened to me, on July 6 of this year Rhonda,my oldest daughter would have been thirty years old. She was also born early (6 weeks) and I had gotten very sick and she did not survive. I think of her everyday, Although she is not here with me I have a great strong love for her. I now feel that god needed her in Heaven to be with him. There is a song about God Picked a Rose Bud, when the flowers start to dim he took our little darlin to live with him on high. Now Tessa will share a spot in the garden of Heaven with Rhonda.She would be so proud of what the two of you are doing to help other people. I will continue to pray for both of you. And Tessa will always be in my heart and memory.
Love and Prayers
Kay
Anthony & Nancy,
Just wanted to let you know that Matt gave blood on Friday here. He also signed on to be Bone Marrow Donor. I would love to be able to give in Tessa honor except for I had blood poisoning as a child. We continue to pray and think of you daily.
Matt, Bobbie and Patricia
Gatesville, Texas
Greetings Anthony & Nancy,
There are no words to describe the both of you but extraordinary and outstanding human beings....to give so much to those in need is inspiring to all of us. I am looking forward in the upcoming weeks to give blood in honor of "our little girl".
You will all remain in my heart, my thoughts and prayers always.
Love from Northern Virginia,
Yvette
Nancy & Anthony, I'm glad ya'll have posted back on. We have been thinking about you and praying alot for you in this difficult time. We know that it still isn't easy for ya'll and that ya'll are going to have a difficult road ahead of ya'll for awhile. I imagine waking up to the reality of your little angel gone every morning has got to be hard. I think it's even harder to know that your family is not here close to you too. I have had a hard day myself today. One of my babies that I miscarried would have been 11 today. Even though it's been a hard day for me, I know that it's got to be even harder on y'all. As far as making Tessa be proud of ya'll, I know she was already proud of ya'll before God took her home with Him! Y'all are the best parents a child could have. Like I've said before, I wish there were more parents out there like ya'll. I'm glad to here that ya'll have been able to give back and help others. I bet your little Tessa looks down from Heaven and smiles at ya'll and tells everyone up there,"Hey, did you know that's my mommy and daddy and I'm so proud of them!" We plan to give blood in Tessa's honor soon. She was such a blessing to so many people. Her legacy will definately live on forever. Thanks for blogging on and letting everyone know how ya'll are doing and also still being such an inspiration to so many people. We hope that God will keep continuing to give you the comfort you need during this hard time. We hope that you know even though your family is not close that you have an "adopted family" you can count on if you were to need us for anything. We love ya'll and we will continue to keep ya'll in our thoughts and prayers.
Joya, David & Family
Post a Comment