Tuesday, February 5, 2008

God's Love

1 John 4:8 says, He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. Everyone out there supporting us is a living testimony of God's love. We have received over 125 cards in the mail, countless emails and posts to the blog and even a couple of floral bouquets. Very special to us are the donations to the Family Support Network and the Ronald McDonald House. Although we don't know specifically who has donated, we do know that they have received more than $4,000.00 in Tessa's name. This will help so many other families and we are thankful. If you haven't given yet, please give whatever God puts on your heart. It is impossible to thank everyone personally but we are sincerely grateful to have all of you as a part our lives.
Nancy has established contact with another local mom nearby in Kernersville who needs breast milk. Her son is approximately 5 months old and needs breast milk to help him with growth. We are happy to be able to help. It is so important for us to be able to honor Tessa along with everyone else by giving what we can to help others that have an unfulfilled need. In all honesty, each day is still a challenge for us. We miss Tessa every moment and it is hard to think about anything else. We pray for strength and courage to face each new day.

Romans 8:39
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi You Guys!
I find myself still going here to check. Thanks for still giving us updates! It is heart warming how far and wide the love of Tessa has stretched.
I can't imagine the void you must feel and I continue to pray that the void will be filled with God's presence.
You are deeply loved by so many!! Please know that we are all here for you and do not hesitate to let any of us know how we can come along beside you and help you.
XOXO,
Patty

Heavenly Father,
Thank you that you promise never to leave or forsake us. Thank you that you never slumber and we can approach your throne of grace at any time. Thank you that we can cast our burdens on you.
Lord I ask that you heal the hurt of Anthony and Nancy's hearts and that you fill their emptiness with your presence.
Give them joy and peace. Be their stonghold I pray.
In Jesus' holy and precious name,
Amen

Anonymous said...

You are both such strong and special people. Although everyday is a challenge for you and your hearts are heavy, I find it remarkable that you are both so willing to help other people in need. Tessa is now in heaven and she is able to look down on you both and be so very proud of her parents.
love
kay and heather

Anonymous said...

I still look at the web site about everyday just to check on you guys. You are never far from my thoughs and prayers. We need to get together very soon do dinner or something. give a call

love
neelley

Anonymous said...

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10

Anonymous said...

We always find ourselves checking the site to see how the both of you are doing. You two are such amazing people and it is just incredible how you both are helping other families in need. The world would be a better place if everyone was like the way you two are. We can only imagine how much the both of you are struggling and we pray for your strength to get through this. Please, if you ever need anything do not hesitate to call.

Joey's family
Dana, David, Ann, and kids

Anonymous said...

Anthony & Nancy,
Thank you so much for all the updates. I know every day is hard for both of you without Tessa there but she will always be with you in spirit. The love for her will always be here from all of us. It is so wonderful that so many people feel the need to show their love for Tessa by donating in her memory. The beautiful flowers just remind us of the beautiful life of Tessa. You are in our prayers each day and night.
We love you!

Anonymous said...

Good morning guys! As always the first thing I do when I get to work is go to the website just to look back at some of the posts and pictures of your precious angel. I was so glad to see a new post. Thanks for updating us! I am so proud of the both of you. You are amazing people. I think of you constantly and wonder how you are doing. I pray that you are finding comfort and strength through our Lord. God Bless!

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,
You are thought about day and night. Our prayers for you continue each day. I still check the site several times each day. I am thankful that you are still posting, it helps us all to know how you both are doing. We pray that God will continue to watch over you both and help to comfort you. Although Little Tessa is not here with us, please know that she is everywhere; that she wraps her love around both of you every moment of every day and is so proud of her mommy and daddy! She still touches so many lives every day! Not a day goes by that we don't think about her and send all our love to her! When you find yourself feeling sad, just know that she is sending hugs and kisses to you both from Heaven. I know God's plan for her continues and she is still teaching so much to so many, as are her parents! Please find strength in one another through God's love. If there is anything at all that I can do, please let me know and I will be there! Sending all my love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti

Anonymous said...

I too find myself checking the blog - you are so very kind to keep us up-to-date on your life. Please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Love to all,
Dorie

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
I'm glad you have let all of us know how you are doing. I think about both you and Nancy often and pray that everyday will be a better day for you. The void in your lives will always be there. However, the fulfillment you get from giving of yourselves to others is miraculous and you'll probably never truly know just how much good you do for so many people. I also know first hand about the importance of giving blood, platelets, and albumin. My sister is very sick and her bone marrow does not make very much blood on it's own. I have lost count of how many blood transfusions she has had and the medication Procrit is helpful in reducing the need for transfusions as often. I think you two are remarkable and God bless you for all you do for others. Tessa will never be forgotten and I know the little angel is so proud of you. I hope and pray that you find strength in knowing that you will see Tessa again. God will never leave or forsake you and the work that was accomplished through the both of you and this precious little angel is amazing. Please let me know if you need anything. You can contact me through Women's hospital.
Keep the faith and know you are always in my prayers,
Michele

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers every day. May the Lord hold you very close.

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy -
You both are so inspiring. Tessa taught us all about love and now you two are continuing to do that! Please know that we continue to pray for y'all and continue to do things in honor of Tessa . . . even if it's something small, each day! We will have Tessa forever in our hearts and we will continue to remember to be thankful for all of God's blessings each day!

All our love,
Brandey

Anonymous said...

Hi anthony and Nancy,
I also find myself so going to your blog site and reading the entiries thank you so much for keeping it up. I continue to pray for you both and even though tessa is not hear physically i bet she watching up above and is very proud of the work of her wonderful parents !!!!

Joya said...

We are glad to hear that so many people have sent you cards etc. to show that they love ya'll and that ya'll are in their thoughts. The Family Support Network was really special to us too. Especially when Kayden was in the NICU. We know that everyday has to still be a challenge for ya'll. There's not a day that goes by that we don't think of your little Tessa and how much she meant to so many people. I catch myself going through the blogs daily just to see her precious pictures. We miss her too and we aren't even her parents. Nancy, I'm glad to hear that you have been able to help someone here in the community with your milk. I didn't realize there was such a need for that and that people could donate breastmilk. Ya'll are such great people and like I've said before such an inspiration to so many. There needs to be more people like ya'll out there. We continue to keep ya'll in our thoughts and prayers and appreciate your friendship. We hope that God is still giving you the strength you need in these difficult days. Take Care. We love ya'll. Thanks for keeping us informed with the up-dates.

Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable the people who have responded to your BLOG. It is definitely addicting and I find myself checking it whenever possible. We will continue to pray for your family and keep Tessa's light burning.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how someone many of us never met has made such a life-changing impact on our lives. Tessa's legacy, so beautifully stated as "one of hope and faith in God and helping others in need" is a lovely testimony of her precious life. I continue to check your blog daily and I thank you for keeping us updated on how you are doing. Many, many people continue to pray for you and think of you daily. May our precious, loving Father comfort your hearts and fill you with His peace.

Joya said...

Nancy & Anthony, it is Thursday afternoon and ya'll were on my heart and mind so I thought I would leave you another comment just to let ya'll know that I was thinking and praying for you. Tessa has been on my mind too today and I took some time to go back and look at some of her pictures. We miss her so much. I know ya'll have to miss her even more than we do. She sure was such a cutie in all her pictures. Thanks again for letting us share that part of your life with us. We would have missed out on alot if we would have never met ya'll. We will check in with you later. Please know that we are praying for ya'll continually. We love ya'll.

Joya, David & Family


P.S. Isaiah 58:11 "And the Lord shall guide thee continually."

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys and praying for God's comfort and healing upon your hearts.

Anonymous said...

I find myself checking several times a week Tessa's amazing site.
You continue to help others in
so many ways inspite of your own
sorrow. Tessa was fortunate to
have such loving and faithful
parents.

In prayer I remain,
Debbie Sadler

Anonymous said...

I am at work now. I miss my Tessa. I know Jan 23 was the best day of her life, but it sure will be remembered as a sad day in my life.I think of Jesus with Tessa in his arms, that makes me smile, but I still miss her. Cara

Joya said...

Nancy & Anthony, I was up late tonight and wanting you to know that I have been thinking and praying for ya'll. I have been to this blog several times a day to see if ya'll have blogged on & just to know that ya'll are doing ok. I have also been going back to look at Tessa's pictures. I miss her but I know ya'll miss her so much more than I do. I just wanted you to know that she still holds a special place in my heart as well as ya'll do. We love you and hope that God is still giving you the comfort ya'll need through this difficult time. Thanks for being such great friends and being such an inspiration to people. We hope to hear from you soon.

Joya, David & Family