Sunday, January 20, 2008

Train Tracks

Tessa's flow sheet yesterday and last night showed "train tracks." If oxygen saturation and blood pressure remains stable throughout the day, it resembles railroad tracks on the sheet. This is very desirable for ECMO patients.
Tessa had a stable night last night. She is very swollen so they are restarting the lasix diuretic today. Her oxygen saturation is a little low so they are adjusting the canula in her neck and have lowered the flow on the ECMO to minimize recirculation. Recirculation occurs when the blood from the canula is immediately taken back in by the machine and never makes it through Tessa's heart. Again today, they are going to stimulate her as little as possible. They do not plan to make any other changes to her medication. We pray that this will provide her with another stable day.
Thanks to all who have added Tessa to their prayer lists. We feel so loved by so many people. We just returned from the church service her at the hospital. Again today we truly feel wrapped in prayer.

Psalm 143:1
Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are in our prayers! Just think how many people are praying for your little fighter! Call if you ever need anything.

Baby Joey and Family

Anonymous said...

God Is Our Hope

God is our hope and strength,
a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved,
and though the hills be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof rage and swell,
and though the mountains shake at the tempest of the same.

There is a river, the streams whereof make glad the city of God,
the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
-- Book of Common Prayer 1979

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful to here that she remains stable, that is such a huge step in her health. We are continously praying for her and know that God is watching over the 3 of you. She truly is a miracle and we all know that only God makes miracles! Slow and steady is a positive term in the medical field. We hope that you three are getting some much needed rest. May today bring you comfort and peace! "Stay strong, Baby Tessa, stay strong. We all love you!" our entire family is saying their prayers (trust me, that's a bunch of prayer warriors in one house). We will not stop, day and night, night and day! Sending all our love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti and the crew

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear that Tessa had a stable night. God is working, he will heal her.

I remember just a few months ago when the elevator stopped on the second floor at womens hospital I use to say a prayer for Makayla that she would be strong and healthy. This is how i know that God is working and looking after these babies. I still have her pray lines open.

Now I check the computer to check on our little Tessa around twenty times a day, before the page comes up I ask God to please let me find her in good health. Thank God for the Train Tracks!

She is a sweetheart and we have grown to love as though she was a part of our family and both of you to.

See you soon

Kay and family

Anonymous said...

CHOO! CHOO!!

Way to go, Victorious One! May you keep chugging along:)

Our hearts and prays are with your family today and everyday.
Stay on "track" baby Tessa Nicole! You are so loved!!!!!!!

Joya said...

Thank God for the "train tracks". Last night ya'll were on heavily on my mind. All I could do was pray and think of how much ya'll have been through and how much your Little girl has overcome in such a short time. I just keep having to pray that she will stay strong and overcome this sickness. I think that it's neat that they have a church service you can attend there at the hospital. When one of your family is sick (especially you child), that's when you need God,your faith and people who believe the way you do the most. Sometimes you can be a blessing to people when they have a bad day and they can do the same for you when ya'll have a bad day. I think the more support and " prayer warriors" ya'll know ya'll have on your side the better ya'll might be able to handle things throughout the day. (Especially when you have alot of ups and downs in one day). It sounds like Tessa had a stable night and that's something for everyone to be thankful for huh? Now, if we could just get her to have those every day and every night huh? Well, I'm a firm believer that that will happen real soon. Your Little angel is and has been such a Fighter. I believe she's going to show everyone that real soon. We will keep ya'll in our thoughts and prayers all day today. Please try to rest alittle today and may you feel the closseness of God throughout the day. We will check on ya'll alittle later in the day. If ya'll need us , please don't hesitate to call. Love ya'll. Hugs and kisses Tessa.

Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

Sept 29 is when I believe the feast of the tabernacle was observed. There is also a verse in John about Jesus being "tabernacled" . Some people have taken this to mean that the real birth of Christ is Sept. 29 [when the weather would have been warmer and shepherds would have been in the fields]. We celebrate Dec 25. because this is supposedly when the angel visited Mary and the Holy Spirit entered her womb.Since Tessa was born on Sept. 29, would knowing something about the feast of tabernacles help us?

Anonymous said...

Anthony, you have a very large "army". Do you want to organize us to pray for any certain thing in any special order? Let us know.

Ellen said...

OK - now we have two things we like - poopy diapers and train tracks.

Sending prayers your way!!!

Ellen & Dean

Anonymous said...

Lydia and i are reviewing the blogs from yesterday and today. We are talking about playing with baby Tessa when she feels better.It seems today is a better day and we give God the Glory. We love Baby Tessa.

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys!
Jerry and I just got home from Walmart. We ran into Nan's mom, Hilda and Danielle. We all stood in the store and loved on each other and talked about Tessa. (she is so popular)
I'm thankful for Tessa having a stable night and pray that she has had a stable day today.
I'll check in later.
Love ya'll
Patty

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just took a poll and all the babies at Women's miss Tessa!! We think about her all the time.

Prayers and best wishes!

Anonymous said...

I just got home from church tonight. I feel such a peace about little Tessa. I know that she will be healed completely. Keep believing, keep trusting, keep the faith and watch God work His miracle in your beautiful little girl.

Expecting good reports and wonderful signs of healing this week beginning tomorrow. In Jesus name I ask these things. Amen

Anonymous said...

Talking about train tracks and being strong brings one thing to mind - The Little Engine That Could - Tessa will make it through this, she is a fighter. We know you can do it, Baby Tessa and we pray that God will continue to watch over you and let you grow stronger and healthier every day!

Brandey

Anonymous said...

I am continuing to pray that Tessa will stay "on track." May God give all three of you a peaceful night.