Thursday, January 3, 2008

Taking it Slow

Tessa is taking some time to fully wake up following surgery. She is moving around some but still sleeping most of the time. She did open her eyes briefly for Nurse Kelly this evening. The sedation affects each baby differently and Tessa is just taking a little longer to get it out of her system. The diuretic is working because her diapers have been very heavy today and she is effectively eliminating her excess fluid. She is still on the ventilator and does have occasional desats. They will not remove her from the vent until they are sure that she is alert enough to breathe on her own. We were hoping that this process would happen more quickly but understand that while on the ventilator she is getting rest. We are trusting that everything will happen according to God's plan. It will be wonderful when she is able to come off the vent and resume her feedings.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

8 comments:

Shelly Arthur said...

Yeah! I've been up and waiting on an update! I hope the morning finds Tessa awake and looking at Mommy and Daddy. She does look peaceful and I hope she gets to resume her feedings very soon.

Lots of love
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Goodnight guys!! Get some rest. God has got everything under control. Tessa is in good hands!!

See you tomorrow.

Toni and Chad

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your little angel will be wide awake soon! She is probably getting lots and lots of rest so she can enjoy the weekend with mommy and daddy! I hope the 3 of you get to enjoy lots of snuggling time together this weekend! We are continuing with our prayers and we send all our love!
Misti

Ellen said...

I'm sure this rest is very good for Tessa's little eyes as they go through the healing process.

You all remain in our prayers.

Ellen & Dean

Anonymous said...

Hello again...no matter what, Tessa still looks beautiful. I continue to pray everyday. She looks like an angel and I hope you all are doing well. I am happy that I am able to see her on a daily basis and to be able to see the progress. She has tremendously progressed since day one and, through prayer and faith, is looking better and better everyday. I love you guys. Give my newest neice a kiss for me. God Bless!!

Love,
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

2 Chronicles 10:15 Be not afraid or dismayed... for the battle is not yours but God's.

Anonymous said...

Do no let your mind and your emotions get the best of you especially when it involves things over which you have no control. "By your steadfastness and patient endurance you shall win the true life of your souls." Luke 21:19 Remember "God is able to do immeasuably more than all we ask or iamgine according to His power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

Anonymous said...

This is for you Tessa "The Lord [earnestly] waits [ expecting,lokkimg, and longing] to be gracious to you and therefore lifts Himself up that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you". Isaiah 30:18 This is a wonderful verse. It tells you that God is waiting to be good to you. He is actually looking for an opportunity to show His goodness and to make every wrong thing right. But He can only be good to those to those who are waiting for Him to be good to them --those who believe in His promises. We are so lucky to be his children.