Thursday, January 10, 2008

Spending the Night

Although there is still progress to be made, we praise God that Tessa has improved throughout the day. Her most recent blood gas tests have been very good and they have continued to wean the settings on the oscillator and the amount nitric oxide. She is heavily sedated and this definitely helps keep her oxygen saturations higher. She now has sats in the 90s much of the time.
With the new central line, they no longer have to disturb her to administer medications or collect blood gas samples. They are using minimal stimulation procedures so that she can rest. She even has a brand new set of strofoam ear muffs to block out noise.
The staff here today has been wonderful. We have received so many hugs, prayers and words of encouragement. They have provided us an adjoining room to the NICU so that we had a place to rest today and that we may stay the night. We will be able to check in on Tessa periodically. We pray that Tessa is able to sleep and her body has the time it needs to heal. God has surrounded us with so many other Christians to give us strength. We are humbled by his grace and power.

Jeremiah 32:17
Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise be to God that Tessa has shown improvement today. I am glad that they have provided mommy and daddy a room for the night. That will make it easier for you to be there with her. God has placed your family in a wonderful hospital with great doctors and nurses. I pray for a restful night for all three of you. I look forward to more good news in the morning. Sleep well little Tessa.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

im so glad that Tessa has had some improvements today.. she is in our prayer. i am also glad that yall are able to stay the night..

with much love,
david kay heather and makayla

Joya said...

We are glad to hear that Tessa is doing alittle better tonight. Our prayer is that she will be doing a whole lot better very soon. I'm so glad that the NICU provided ya'll with a room to rest through the night. There's nothing like being right there with your little girl in case your needed or to just look in on her to ease your mind. The NICU did that for us a couple of nights when Kayden was in there and I tell you it was such a blessing! I know it will be hard but please try to get some rest tonight. Tessa needs ya'll to stay strong and healthy too so you can be there for her. Whenever it's time to go to bed or whenever ya'll get alittle down just remember how many people are praying for ya'll and thinking of ya'll every day. Most of all remember God is in control! Take Care. We hope to hear a better report in the morning. Love ya'll!

Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!
Peace to you, Tessa, and your Mommy and Daddy.

Anonymous said...

God's provision is amazing.
I'm up giving thanks and casting my burdens on the Lord. I'll check in later.
Love You!
Patty

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for the faith of his people and his healing power. We will all keep praying and keep up the faith. I'm so glad we have a never failing God. I pray your day will continue to be filled with "good news" of Tessa gaining her strength and recovering quickly. Nancy & Anthony, you are also in our prayers. Great Mawmaw is praying all the time for you. She has great faith and said, "the little one will be okay" and sends her love to Nancy & you.

Anonymous said...

So glad to learn Tessa had some improvement yesterday. The power of prayer is unbelievable. I'm glad you were being able to stay with her last night she needs Mommy & Daddy near. Please know everyone is in my prayers.

Love to all,
Dorie

Anonymous said...

We are so pleased to hear this news this morning. We are hoping today will bring even more wonderful news. I am glad that you all were able to be right there with her last night, I'm sure that helped all 3 of you to rest even more. Please know that we are all praying for your family and know that God answers our prayers! Sending all our love!
Misti and the crew

Shelly Arthur said...

Good Morning

I hope all three of you were able to get some rest last night. I'm so happy to know Tessa is showing improvement. God is answering all of our prayers. Looking forward to news of more improvement today. I'm so glad that she is able to rest peacefully.

Lots of love
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying fervently for Tessa's health. God will not ignore all these petitions for her and the two of you.

Ellen said...

We are happy to hear that Miss Tessa has shown some improvement.
We pray that she will continue on this path to recovery.

We know that you are all exhausted and hope you rested well last night.

We love you all!
Ellen & Dean

Anonymous said...

Great News.. So glad to hear Tessa is improving..Please let me know if you need me to bring you anything today at lunch.
Love Kelly

Anonymous said...

Jesus loves me !(Tessa) this I know, for the Bible tells me so ;Little ones to Him belong ;They are weak but He is strong . Jesus loves me !loves me still, tho I'm very weak and ill; Jesus loves me ! He will stay ;close beside me all the way .Yes Jesus loves me ,yes Jesus loves me ,yes Jesus loves me , the Bible tells me so.

Anonymous said...

What a delight to check in on Tessa and get the good news of her improving health. You all will continue to be in my prayers throughout each day. Praise our faithful God!

michele said...

God is good!!! I'm so happy to see little Tessa improve. We all love Tessa and truly want what is best for her. I'm looking forward to seeing her off the oscillator soon. Your family is in my prayers and always will be. I put my faith and belief that Tessa is in the ultimate healers hands and by his grace, the neonatologists, practitioners and nurses have the ability to carry out his work.
Keep the faith,
Michele

Anonymous said...

God is good!!!! We are keeping your family in our prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

Born years apart
Different challenges we have faced
Miles kept us distant
Still we relived memories
And embraced
A special bond we created,
Just you and I
Each unique and yet the same
That we cannot deny
Even though we walk diverse ways
And meet with various fates
We still share something special
In which we relate
So please remember Nan,
No matter what happens in life
In turmoil and pain
I will be there in times of strife
Hold on to the iron rod
It will guide you along
Pray to Him above
For He will make you strong
For you are blessed
In good times
in bad
You have the strength
To past this great test

love you...
Gloria








--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous said...

Praises be to God, our Lord and Saviour. We are so happy to hear that Tessa is doing better and that y'all got to stay the night at the hospital! We continue to pray for you and Tessa and those taking care of her!!

Brandey

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful that Tessa has improved. You have my thoughts and prayers today and every day. I hope you were able to rest, knowing she was only a few steps away. I pray that God will guide the hands of the doctors and nurses caring for this precious one. Love you, Amy

Anonymous said...

Nancy,Anthony and Tessa

The Confraternity of Christian Mothers at Sacred Heart Church in Winchester had been asked to pray for Tessa and yesterday she was their special intention. There are so many people praying for her and caring about her progress. Get well soon little girl.

Kathy