Thanks to all who answered our call and "picked up the cross" in prayer for us today without even knowing the specific need. Tessa is in critical need of our continuing prayers and faith in God. After nearly 5 hours of waiting, We just got to see her following surgery to insert a catheter in her neck for ECMO. This will allow her lungs to rest and recover from the trauma of the infections and high ventilator settings. The first 24 hours is very critical for Tessa as they calibrate the machine and make adjustments to meet her needs.Doctors here considered this the only viable option for decreasing the high ventilator settings that were damaging her lungs.
Unfortunately, the high settings were needed to keep her blood oxygenated as she is fighting pneumonia. We pray that God brings her through this extremely difficult challenge in the days to come. She has an unbelievable group of very talented people in charge of her care. We know your prayers will continue and this provides us with great comfort and heavenly peace.
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Sharing our Burdens
at
11:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

27 comments:
May god bless you all. We will keep praying. Stay in touch.
love
David Kay Heather and MaKayla
You all remain in our constant prayers.
Ellen & Dean
So glad surgery is over and you have been able to see Tessa!
Blessings and love,
Mary Ann
Praise God for all his blessings. Try to get some rest yourselves. Tessa needs her parents to be strong and rested. I will continue prayers.
Joanne
Continuous prayers are going out to Tessa as she recovers and lets this machine help heal her. I know Tessa must feel all the love and prayers from everyone.
Love you all,
Shelly
MY PRAYERS WILL CONTINUE TO BE WITH YOU!!!
Continuous prayers are going up for Tessa so that the machine will allow her lungs to rest and heal from the infections. Tessa has always been a very strong fighter. She has overcome so many obstacles over the past months. I know in my heart that God will heal her. She will have an amazing testimony to share one day. I pray that all are getting some much needed rest. All of your prayer warriors are "standing in the gap" and praying for your family.
Love you guys,
Melissa
Good Morning!
I'm trusting that God watched over Tessa and blessed her with a restful night.
Nancy, it was so good to hear your voice last night and I know Daddy feels the same way!!!
I'm going to talk to God, I'll check in later. :)
Love to all of you!
Patty
We are glad that she is out of surgery and that you all got to see her. We know that God will continue in his work today and we will all be continous in our prayers. Sending all our love!
Misti and the crew
Dear Heavenly Father, please watch over Lil Tessa during this time. She is so small and fragile and she needs your healing hand. Also give strength to her parents Nancy and Anthony who are physically and mentally drained. Help them through these difficult times. In Jesus name I pray.
Dorie
May God continue to shelter you and Tessa under His mighty wings. Our prayers are that God will continue to give the doctors the wisdom and understanding to take care of Tessa and heal her.
May you receive the strength of God for your journey today.
Good Morning!
I pray that everyone had a restful night and that God continues to give you all strength. May God see over you as you go into another day of healing. Tessa needs Mommy and Daddy to stay well thru her journey, so please watch over them as well.
Karla
Continued prayers for the 3 of you.........
Valerie
You are in our prayers. Great Mawmaw is continually praying for "The Little One". We prayer God will strengthen all three of you.
Love you!
Dear Nancy and Anthony,
I am praying constantly that God is giving both of you the strength to continue to carry on. I know you must be exhausted physically and emotionally. I hope you will be comforted to know that the prayers for Tessa will continue if you manage to get a chance to rest.
May God bless all of you, and give you comfort.
Cathy NNP
Good morning! I hope you were both able to get some sleep last night. You know we're all praying for the three of you, and constantly recruiting more prayer warriors for Tessa!
Thanks for keeping us all posted!
Shannon
I pray that God is with you all during this trying time and that you may take comfort in knowing all those that are praying for Tessa and your family.
Allyson
Thank you for updating us on Tessa's condition. It is hard to see her leave our NICU, I will miss checking in on her each day. I know that Brenner's can provide the care she needs to heal. God bless you, and know that many prayers are being lifted up for the three of you and the medical staff at Baptist!!
Sommer, RN
My prayers are with you all during this time. Our journey has been full of ups and downs just as yours has been. Tessa will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Jennifer (Dani Jo's aunt)
With a new day comes new hope for Tessa's improvement. May the Lord continue to watch over her, guide the medical staff, and give you peace and rest.
Dear Lord, We pray for Tessa who is sick and needs your help.At times like these we feel so so helpless. Please go to Anthony and Nancy today as you did when you went to Jairus's house when you touched his little girl and made her well[Mark5:21-24]Put your hands on Tessa. You are the Great Physician{Luke5:31]Thank you for caring so much about our bodies and our health. Thank you that you spent so much time healing people when you were here on earth.[Matt9:35]We know that you will do the same for those we love. With one touch, one word, move with your power. Bring strenfth and physical comfort to Tessa. Breathe out your peace and rest.Bring patience, courage, and hope to Nancy and Anthony. Hear our plea, Lord. Heal Tessa, and she will be healed ;rescue her and Tessa will be completely well[Jer 17:14] May Anthony and Nancy know beyond a shadow of a doubt that your love is real. In Jesus name .Amen
Keep fighting, Victorious One! You are the light for so many. Keep going and going and going and going and going.....and going......
Thinking of you all... Please let me know if I can do anything for you.. People are spreading the word and prayer chains are forming ... GOD's promise is where two or more agree..it shall be done.. We are all agreeing as one for the healing in Tessa's body.
Love Kelly
It's so sad to see little Tessa having more difficulties. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I know you have very heavy hearts. My prayers are heaped on top of everyone elses.
There is a big hole in the WH NICU where Tessa was -- literally and figuratively. I just want you to know that all of the nurses, practitioners, doctors, and other staff are thinking of you and Tessa. Our love and prayers, and most definitely our thoughts are with you. Tessa has always been a fighter and she will continue to be. For that matter, so have the two of you...stay strong, and hold on to each other during this tough time. And please know that we are here for you if you need us.
All of my love, and prayers,
Alix
I'm thinking today was your due date to be born Tessa. We will look forward to you growing and catching up with the other babies your age. I'm glad you have the help with your lungs.We will be expecting good news at the next posting. We continue to pray for you and your Mommy & Daddy. We ask that God will keep you in the palm of his healing hands.
We have been in constant prayer for ya'll. Sometimes it's hard to post comments every day, but that doesn't mean ya'll are not in our thoughts and prayers. Tessa, we are hoping you get better very soon.
Joya, David & Family
Post a Comment