Because ECMO uses gravity flow, Tessa's bed is raised very high. We have to stand on a step stool to visit with her. Again this morning, she had her eyes open for mommy and daddy. We blow her lots of kisses. Mommy even read her a story last night. She is sedated enough to make her comfortable but they do not want her completely out unless it is necessary. Adults on ECMO are sometimes even able to talk and watch TV.
We just finished looking at Tessa's x-ray with the doctor. Her lungs are almost completely collapsed. This is not unusual because her lungs are resting. It makes us very uncomfortable to see that she is not breathing but our trust is in God and the expertise of the doctors. She will begin using her lungs again more and more as they are able to heal.
We are thankful for another stable night last night. There were some issues with her high blood pressure but they are customizing her treatment to resolve this. They have adjusted her medications for blood pressure, continued the diuretic and added a filter to the ECMO circuit to draw excess fluid from the blood. This should help lower blood pressure and reduce some of the swelling. Her urine output continues to be very good which indicates that her kidneys are working well.
They increased Tessa's feedings overnight. She is now getting 14ml of breast milk per hour. She has good bowel sounds and is doing well with her feedings. Her condition is still critical but we can tell that God is working. So many of you have been so diligent in prayer for us. We are encouraged. Thanks to you all.
Psalm 31:1
In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
High in the Air
at
1:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Praise God that she is stable. I'm sure she loves looking at mommy and daddy and absolutely loves the stories. These moments are so special, please always treasure them. I'm sure when you blow kisses, she catches them and is blowing more right back at you both. I'm sure God is working hand in hand with the doctors and nurses and will guide them with her healing. Please try and get some rest and know that so many are praying for you all! We send all our love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti and the crew
I'm so glad things are improving for Tessa. You three are in our hearts and prayers. We will continue to believe God will heal Tessa quickly and she will be back in your arms soon. Great Mawmaw sends her prayers and love. Our hope is that you continue to receive good news.
We Love You!!!!
We praise God for a stable night. God is good, and he will continue to heal precious baby Tessa. The three of you are in our constant prayers.
It is absolutely amazing to me how they have all this technology to help baby tessa get better. I am so happy to see she is making progress, let me just tell you every time i hear that she is not doing well it crushes me i so look forward to her getting older and hanging out with me. Everyone is praying for her and we know she is so strong. I bet she loved the story you read her, and i know she knows yall are there. Hope all is well in North Carolina
Tessa. you are very lucky to have great parents, you are definately have a great family to come into the world with and a granny who will spoil you trust me i know haha. I love you and pray for you every night before i go to bed. You are always on my mind and can't wait till you get big and strong and we can go shopping..
I love you Tessa.
Nan and Anthony love yall and stay strong we will continue praying
Love cousin Danielle
aka chickie
We continue to pray for y'all! I am so glad that she is able to see her Mommy and Daddy and know y'all are there with her and I am sure she LOVED getting to hear a story! We continue to keep y'all in our hearts and prayers!
Brandey
Praise God that Tessa is stable. I am sure it made mommy very happy to read to your little angel. Tessa is so lucky to have such wonderful parents. God knew just the right ones for the job. God's healing hands are working! I am so thankful that last night went well. You three remain in my constant thoughts and prayers. Keep looking up and remain strong in your faith.
Love you guys,
Melissa
Hi there Tessa.....I just wanted you to know that we miss you very much and we love you...please hurry and get better soon....so we can smother you with hugs and kisses...I love your little teddy bear...
Sweet dreams....hope you have a good night...
nighty night...!
love and miss you...
aunt gogo
I heard this praise song on the way to work this morning and was so encouraged by it I thought I would share the words with you guys:
"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. Our God, you reign forever. Our hope, our strong deliverer. You are the everlasting God. You do not faint, you won't grow weary. You are the defender of the weak, You comfort those in need, You lift us up on wings like eagles. Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord".
I am so glad to hear the good report today and looking forward to even better news tomorrow. Praise God for His healing power!!
Waiting upon the Lord with you for Tessa's complete recovery,
Tammy Meredith
Praise God that Tessa is stable and has such faithful, strong parents! I have been blessed just meeting her through this blog, and I can tell she is blessing so many others that she meets as well! I am inspired and encouraged by the incredible faith, strength, and love shown by her parents, as well- I know she can feel your strength and gets closer to recovery each day because of it. I will continue to pray and visit this page to check in on Tessa and her family. Stay strong, and lean on the Lord! He has given you quite an angel!!
- Erin Henry (stepdaughter of Brenda Bower, who raves about your beautiful little girl and shared your blog with me)
Praise God for an encouraging report!
We are glad to hear that Tessa made it through another night stable. We thank God for that. She has been through so much lately. I'm sure she enjoyed her mommy reading to her. We hope she continues to get better even if it's alittle at a time. We hope her lungs,blood pressure and fluid retention will get better soon. We love ya'll. Please all 3 of ya'll try to get some rest.
Joya, David & Family
Praise God for every small step forward. We believe he is guiding each bit of progress to complete healing. Still praying faithfully for all three of you.
John & Joanne
We're praying for you all tonight. Hope she continues to show improvement.
Kevin and Cherad
thanks for letting me hang with you. hope you all have a good night and day. talk and see you soon. always in never stopping prayer. love you guys.
We pray for Tessa's recovery as God keeps His loving spirit wrapped around you all. Love, Greg, Diane, and Kids
It is so sweet that you guys are reading to Tessa. That is a very special way to bond and I know she will be ready for many more bedtime stories once she gets home and can be tucked in her own bed.
Love and prayers.
Post a Comment