Thursday, January 24, 2008

Forever in Our Hearts

Tessa is forever in our hearts and the hearts of so many people. We pray that her life has brought us all closer to Christ. We continue to lean on his everlasting arms during this difficult time. We are planning memorial services for Tessa in Dublin, VA, Loudoun County, VA & Greensboro, NC in the coming week and will post the place, dates, and times as they are available. Tessa will be laid to rest during a private ceremony at Hunters Cemetery on Little Creek in Pulaski County, VA. It is a very beautiful place surrounded by God's magnificent creation. We go there frequently to visit family and stay at our cabin on the creek.

In lieu of any flowers, food, or gifts, we would appreciate any donations to the Family Support Network of Central Carolina or the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem. The Family Support Network was there for us every step of the way during our extended stay at Women's Hospital. The Ronald McDonald House allowed us to be with Tessa while at Brenners Childrens Hospital.
If at all possible, we would also like to encourage everyone possible to donate blood or platelets. Without blood donors, Tessa's medical treatment would have never been possible. she was receiving multiple blood transfusions every day while on ECMO. To find out where you can donate, visit http://www.givelife.org/ or call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE (1-800-448-3543).

You may mail your donations in honor of Tessa to:
Family Support Network of Central Carolina
801 Green Valley Road
Greensboro, NC 27408

-or the-
Ronald McDonald House
419 S. Hawthorne Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27103


Genesis 1:31
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite picture of Tessa (even though the foot from under the covers) is a real close second. This photo along with others has captured laughter & happiness that Tessa obviously felt. She will truly be missed.

Anonymous said...

I can't find words to express the feelings of love and respect, sadness and joy, pain and hope, that welled up at the news of Tessa's homegoing. Our prayers are with you and we are here for you if there's anything we can do.

Lanier Ellis for the Christ Community family

Shelly Arthur said...

Nancy and Anthony,

I haven't been able to write anything to you until now. You've been in my thoughts and prayers constantly and I've read the poems, words of encouragement, and prayers from over 100 people with tear filled eyes. Nancy, even though you are hours away, you have been the best friend someone could have. I never got to get to know Anthony as well before you moved to NC, but I see you two are so lucky you found one another. GOD brought you together and your love for one another brought that precious baby into the world. Although I know GOD had other plans for her it is still so hard not to ask why. You two are the strongest people that I have ever met. Anthony, thank you so much for creating the blog and letting us all get a chance to know Tessa. I know so many of us woke up to check on her, didn't go to bed before we checked on her and checked on her numerous times during the day. It was like I had 4 babies. She touched many lives for sure. I know her passing leaves a huge void in your heart, but also in the hearts of all her fans. I'm so glad I was able to get to NC to meet her. When you have a child you know the overwhelming love that you feel for them. It's amazing how they have your heart from the second they come into this world. I'm so glad that you two were able to enjoy and experience the love of Tessa. It just breaks my heart that she was taken away so soon.

I know that GOD will see you through this difficult time. You've both proven how amazing and strong you are. With one another's support and the support of all your family and friends, you will get through this difficult time.

Lots of Love,
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Our hearts are with you in this time of need. I can only imagine the pain you are going throw. It broke my heart when Doug told me that Tessa had passed. She fought the good fight, but now she is one of god’s little angle that he will send to look over other little ones. God Bless You.

The Dillon's
Carla, Doug, And Baby Wyatt

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING MY ALL TIME FAVORITE PICTURE OF MY BEAUTIFUL NEICE ON HERE! WE LOVE YOU GUYS AND DON'T FORGET WE ARE ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY!!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful picture of a beautiful little girl! Our hearts truly pour out to you both! Thank you for allowing all of us to get to know her and love her, we have been blessed and learned so much from her and the both of you! Our prayers go out that God will comfort you both during this most difficult time! Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you all. As Connor would say, "stay strong, Baby Tessa, stay strong. We love you!" She certainly was stronger than anyone I know and we will always love her!
With all our prayers, thoughts, hugs, kisses and love!
Misti and the crew

Anonymous said...

My prayers continue for the two of you and I find comfort in knowing Tessa is with Our Lord now and her little body no longer has to fight so hard. Please know if there is anything any of us can do to help, PLEASE let us know. My love to both of you!

Brandey

Anonymous said...

that has to be the cutest picture EVER taken... i just wanted to let you guys know that i love you.. and that you are in my thoughts all the time...

Anonymous said...

Heartstrings
By Judi Walker

A mother's love knows no bounds,
No stronger bond can be found,
Mother and child are connected from the start,
There is a string from heart to heart.

Nothing can break this heartstring,
No matter what the future may bring,
A mother loves her child forever,
The heartstrings hold them together.

It is a love of the sweetest kind,
There is nothing more beautiful you will ever find,
And even death cannot break this bond,
It knows no earthly ties, it is here and beyond.

We are connected to our children forever by this love,
Even when God calls them to this home above,
Nothing can change this love, not time, nor words or even
Death bitter sting,
We are connected forever by the "HEARTSTRINGS"

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand what you are going through like few others can. My wife delivered twin boys that were 24 weeks like Tessa. My son David spent 86 days in the hospital but did get to come home. However, my son James only survived about 48 hours.

I know there are no words that can take away your pain. However, as a parent who has lost a child I know that although a child may be with you on this Earth only a short time their lives have great meaning. Children like Tessa touch not only the lives of their families but touch the lives of others, like myself. In their short lives they show strength and determination that most adults could never hope to muster and they inspire people they have never met to cherish things they have taken for granted.

Tessa was an amazing girl with truly humbling strength. You both were fantastic parents to be there for her every step of they way. As parents we can do no more for our children.

I will be praying for you to find comfort in the days ahead. Hopefully, your Angel Tessa can find a friend with my Angel James.

God bless you,
Andrew Lang

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy-

I never had the privilege of meeting sweet little Tessa, however I felt drawn to your family and faith through your updates and courage. I have been praying for Tessa and your family since I was introduced to your web page, I will continue to do so and hope that God brings you peace and comfort, knowing that you did all that you could as parents and as Christians.
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of Tessa's life and sharing your faith, fears and love towards your precious daughter.

Anonymous said...

We are so sad for your and your family. We know that Tessa brought you so much joy and you will always have her in your heart.

Love
Cindy, Lane, Tyler, and Nicki

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,

I am the fiancee of Ash Cook, Thompson-Withers, LLC. Ash just shared with me the news of your loss and I am so deeply sorry. I have been on your blog a few times over the last months and your Tessa is such a beautiful little soul. I know there are no words that can possibly comfort you right now, but please know that your in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you love, hope and light, Amberlee

Anonymous said...

Dear Anthony and Nancy, There are no words to express my sadness for you and Nancy..My heart breaks for you all and my prayers continue for you all to be strong, lean on each other and continue to believe in God. Thank you so much for letting the world know Tessa, the three of you feel like my family and I love you all. I hope and pray the service for her will be after we get back to VA, we're in GA tonight, FL tomorrow. God bless you and Nancy and may he keep you all strong. Love you, Peggy

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I will be praying for you! I know that God will bring you through! I know that Baby Tessa is with Jesus now and I know you will get to see her again some glorious day! God bless you! We love you!

Anonymous said...

I just started following Tessa's progress a few days ago and have been blessed by your strong faith and the fight this gorgeous baby had in her. My prayers go out to all of your family. I know God will give you the strength and comfort that you need. May you feel His presence with you as you heal.

God Bless,
Beth C.

jennjenn said...

This is such a beautiful picture of our precious angel. Everyday I would check Tessa's page during my breaks and lunch at work to see if you had posted any updates. My co-workers and I would smile during the good updates and cry during the not-so-good updates. Today I still checked her page throughout the day to read the comments that have been posted. I feel as if a part of me is gone. Tessa will always hold a special place in my heart. Your strong faith in God has amazed me throughout all of this. There are so many of us who would be angry and would question God as to why this happened, but not you. You still find just the right scripture to help ease our pain. Tessa will never be forgotten. I will continue to pray for you to have strength to get through this. God bless you.

Jennifer (Dani Jo's aunt)

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,

I feel very blessed to have spent some time with Tessa. Although only here on earth for a short time, she has touched so many lives. What a sweet Angel! She is now home and cradled in his arms. She has taught us so much about life.
The two of you are great parents. Tessa is very lucky to have you! Your strong faith during this difficult time has touched so many of us! We will continue to pray for you during the days to come. God will be with you!

Love,
Seth, Marianne, Zach & Michaela~

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy and Anthohy,

Words cannot express how heartbroken we feel for you. Your fatih has been amazing through this journey and Tessa was so lucky to have you for parents. She has touched so many during her time on this earth. Please know you will continue to be in our prayers. \\

Tina G.

Joya said...

Anthony & Nancy, I have been trying all day to post my comment but my computer for some reason hasn't let me. I was up all night crying and have been most of the day today until I have no more tears. Since I could not sleep last night I too looked at all the blogs and pictures of your little angel Tessa. The one you chose to put on today's blog is one of my favorites as well but I have to say Tessa with Santa is another one of my favorites. I want ya'll to know how much of an impact you and your little girl has left on so many people. Tessa did so much for so many people in just her 117 days. I have to say that through meeting ya'll and Tessa, I have taken a look back on my life and I did a "reality check." Last night when putting the kids to bed I gave them an extra kiss and checked on them more throughout the night more than I usually do. After doing this I prayed and asked God to forgive me for not being as thankful as I should have been all this time. I think so many of us get caught up in things in everyday life we tend to forget the most important things in life and we take everything for granted. The only things that really matter in life are God & Family. I appreciate ya'll letting me see this. Also, when putting my kids to bed my heart ached and was broken when I thought of you. If I could I wish I could blink and your little Tessa be back in your arms and everything be ok. Everyone so wanted Tessa to get better. Ya'll are special people who deserve the world, not such a tragedy. Tessa was such a fighter who loved her parents very much. I know that we are not suppose to ask God why but it's been hard for me not too. I know in my heart that your precious angel is in a better place and that God is holding her right now in His rocking chair. I know also and have faith that even though we don't understand why God does the things He does that He knows what's best for all of us.(Even Tessa) The only thing that gives me comfort is knowing that we all will eventually see her again someday. Ya'll have been such a great testimony to alot of people and I wish there were more people out there like you. Thank you for going out of your way to be friends with us and others at Womens Hospital when our babies were in the NICU. Friends like ya'll are hard to come by these days. Thank you for also letting us be a part of your life and sharing your Tessa with us. Also thanks to you for always up-dating us everyday on Tessa's status on the blogs even though you were exhausted. It has been a joy and privaledge to be a friend of the Woodyard family. We love ya'll and want ya'll to know that we will still be there if ever you were to need us. We hope that when you get time we can still stay in touch. We would definately like to know when the memorial will be for Tessa. We are happy to know that ya'll have found a beautiful place to lay Tessa to rest. We know that ultimately she is resting in no pain, no sickness and no more surgeries in the arms of God. We hope that whenever times get rough and you think that you are not going to make it, that somehow you will sense Tessa and know in your heart that she is in the best place ever. We love ya'll. May God bless you and keep you in this difficult time. Tessa, we know you are looking down from Heaven now. We hope you know how much we (along with your parents) already miss you. We hope that you know how much joy and inspiration you were to the whole world. We are so glad to have met you and your parents. Please help God take care of your mommy and daddy because I know that they like so many of us are really going to miss you and that they are really going to need alot of comfort. We hope that you will become a guardian angel for other babies. WE want you to know like your daddy said in this blog that YOU will "FOREVER BE IN OUR HEARTS" and YOU will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN"! WE Will ALWAYS LOVE YOU PRECIOUS ONE. May you rest in the arms of God knowing you will NEVER feel any pain, be sick or have another surgery.

Joya, David & Family

Joya said...

P.S. Anthony & Nancy, will you let whoever writes the poems in your family know that they always write the neatest poems. It seems like they always know what to write and when. They have also been a comfort to us. This is just my opinion but I think they should try to publish them in honor of Tessa. They have also been a blessing to read. Also, I have been to this blog a few times today to read and re-read some of the comments that's been left. I feel that there will also be a void in my life because checking on Tessa's blog became one of my priorities throughout the day. I sure will miss her pictures and all ya'lls inspirational thoughts.


Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,
I have not been able to find the words to express just how I feel. This was a moment I had hoped and prayed would never happen. I feel honored to have met you and Tessa. I feel privilaged to have been able to care for your precious daughter. I feel blessed to have had a chance to spend much of the last 117 days with such a caring and loving family. The two of you are a wonderful example of strength. I wish that I were half as strong as you two. I guess that is where Tessa got it from. I have never stopped praying for you all, and I promise I won't.
Tessa will never be forgotten. She will live on forever in our memories.
If you ever need anything all you have to do is ask.
Love,
Tisa

Anonymous said...

We have all had such high hopes that we would not have to face this day. Tessa's short time here brought family, friends, and communities together. Be proud of her accomplishments and know that her journey has just begun. You will continue to be in our prayers as you face the days ahead. It is with great sorrow I remain...

Debbie Sadler
Pembroke, VA

Anonymous said...

I could never express how much sorrow I have for you. I am so glad I had the chance of meeting little Tessa. She touched my life deeply. It is hard to let go of someone you love so dearly but heaven was ready for Tessa. The only assurance we can ever have is to know she is in a place of happiness and surranded by angels and God's care and love. Anthony,You have always inspired my life since you were a small child. God shows in your life because of the tenderness and love you show to all the people you ever meet. I've never seen you any other way but to be devout to your faith in God. Nancy, you have always been kind ever since the first day I met you. I know what grief is like and although there will always be an empty spot in your life God will see you through and he blessed you with the time to have lots of pictures and memories of the wonderful sweet smiling Tessa. I pray God will be with you and help you every moment of everyday. Someday you will have the time to spend with her that will only be joy. Our loss is Heaven's gain. Our faith will help us fight the fight and win the victory like Tessa. May God be with you always and we thank you for all the time you spent taking pictures and updating this blog. It has been such an inspiration only God knows the lives Tessa helped to find the faith and trust we have to have. Ec.4:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven".
We Love You!
Aunt Sandra & Uncle Kenny

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,
I have been trying for days to find the right words to write on here but I still have not found them. My heart aches for the both of you. Tessa touched my life in a way that nobody else ever has. She was such a fighter. I have shed so many tears since I got the call. I remind myself that she is no longer sick and will never have to deal with another needle or pain again. I picture her being cradled in our Heavenly Father's arms. She continues to live on in our hearts. Your strength and faith have amazed me a million times over since Tessa's birth. She was so lucky to have you as her parents. It breaks my heart that Tessa was taken so soon but as has been said God had other plans for her. I wish that there were words that I could say that would help to take the pain away but I know that isn't possible. My constant thoughts and prayers continue to be with you guys. Anthony I cannot thank you enough for starting this website. Your strong faith has shown through with every update that you placed on here. I am here if you guys need anything at all. Thank you again for sharing Tessa's journey with us. We are all so blessed to be part of her life.

Love you guys,
Melissa