Saturday, January 19, 2008

ECMO Marathon

Today has been a day of watching and waiting. After the initial changes to Tessa's medications this morning, they have tried to not to stimulate her and make as few changes as possible. We have all tried to be quiet, let Tessa rest and the ECMO do its work. Her blood tests throughout the day have been encouraging at times and sometimes a cause for concern. Right now she is resting, her oxygen saturation is good and her blood pressure is stable. She received blood earlier today and will be receiving platelets later this evening. She is very swollen. When she is more stable, they will give her medications again to help her eliminate the excess fluid.
Mom and dad have had a tough day. We struggle with the uncertainty of the situation knowing that she is in such a fragile condition. We have asked Dr. Hines and Dr. Hoffman to be forthcoming and honest with us even though some of the information is very hard to hear. They are extremely committed. Dr. Hines says that as long as Tessa continues to fight, he will fight with her. We can ask for nothing more. We pray that although we feel weak, God gives Tessa the strength to continue fighting towards victory.

1 Corinthians 2:3
And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

30 comments:

Ellen said...

We will continue to pray and pray and pray.

Please try to get some much needed rest.

Love,
Ellen & Dean

Anonymous said...

Lord please help Tessa. Give her strength. Be with her family. Lord we ask you to reach in and touch her and make her strong. Lord give these doctors and nurses the wisdom to do what is best for her.
Amen
I know with all the prayers that has been sent to God, Tessa will soon be well and on her way home with you,(Nancy and Anthony). Stay in touch. We will be praying!!!!
Love
David Kay Heather and MaKayla

Anonymous said...

Fight on littlest solider..we will pray you through!

Anonymous said...

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful".
Hebrews 10:23

I am holding fast for the complete healing of sweet baby girl. Constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Tammy Meredith

Anonymous said...

We are constantly lifting your precious baby girl in our prayers, our hearts are hurting with you while we trust our Lord Jesus to have his healing hands around your sweet Tessa. We know God has a perfect plan for you all and especially for your little sweetheart. We love you.
We're Praying NONSTOP!!!
Love, Hunter & Amber Pegram

Anonymous said...

May you be strengthened by the knowledge that MANY people are upholding you and Tessa in prayer. We will continue to "fight" too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy and Anthony,
I'm sorry you have had a rough day.
We are ALL going to keep fighting for Tessa. We are going to continue to make our requests known to God through prayer and thanksgiving. We all love you so much and want to come along beside you in your time of need. Please try to get some rest tonight.
I love you!
Patty

Lord, Thank you that you have a perfect plan for Tessa and it is a plan to prosper her and not to harm her. Be a shield over her tonight I pray. God, we trust in you to restore Tessa to perfect health.
Thank you Father for Anthony and Nancy.I ask that you bless them with a time of rest tonight. I ask that you show yourself to them in a mighty way!
In the name of Jesus.
Amen.

Joya said...

We are sorry to hear that it has been a challenging day for ya'll today. I know it's got to be discouraging to see your baby be so sick day after day. Please don't loose the faith. Ya'll have alot of people praying for you. I know some of us have no clue what ya'll are going through but we want you to know that we are standing behind ya'll every step of the way and we are here if you need us for anything. It breaks my heart to see ya'lls heart so broken and so discouraged. I really don't know what else to say except that you know Tessa has been such a fighter so far throughout this whole thing. She is so strong and like someone commented the other day she is like the Energizer bunny. We know she can get through this with God's help! Like I have also said before, God's timing is sometimes not our timing. God might be trying us to see how much faith and patience we havein Him. All I know is that there are alot of "prayer warriors" out here in this world praying for ya'll. We all want your little precious Tessa to get better so you can bring her home. We will be praying and thinking of ya'll through the night that Tessa will have a good night and ya'll will get some rest. We also pray for the doctors to know the right decisions to make to help Tessa get better. We love ya'll.

Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

you guys are in my thoughts all of the time... hang in there.. i love you guys

Anonymous said...

Lord, have mercy. See the suffering soul of your beloved child, Tessa, and help her.

Anonymous said...

Lord Jesus Christ, Good Shepherd of the sheep, you gather the lambs in your arms and carry them in your bosom: We commend to your loving care this child, Tessa. Relieve her pain, guard her from all danger, restore to her your gifts of gladness and strength, and raise her up to a life of service to you. Hear us, we pray, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Costume Lady said...

Baby Tessa,
Be strong and fight, not only for yourself, but for Mommy and Daddy and everyone who has fallen in love with you. Show everyone that you can do it.

BE STRONG AND OF GOOD COURAGE; DO NOT BE AFRAID, NOR DISMAYED, FOR THE LORD IS WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO. Joshua 1:9 NKJV
WEW

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nancy and Anthony. Just checking in before going to bed. My thoughts are with you. Long-distance hugs to both of you.

Anonymous said...

1.Prayer needs all the faith we have. 2. Prayer needs faith that is based on the conviction that Jesus must eventually respond to those in need.3. Our love for Tessa and our confodence in Jesus' ability to heal will not let us give up 4. Prayer works. 5. Yahweh Rophe is the Hebrew word for the "Lord who heals'.

Anonymous said...

Jesus said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed." Luke 8:50

Anonymous said...

Tessa is such a strong little girl!!! Tessa keep fighting...you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Love

your old roommates
Blake, Ashley, Austin and Anders Mitchell

Anonymous said...

2Kings 20:5 This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. I have followed Tessa's progress since her move and have posted regularly. Now I want you know that I am standing with you in faith believing that Tessa will he healed. Cara

Anonymous said...

Lord, please continue to hold tessa in your strong hands and give her your strength. There are so many people praying hard for you both and Tessa. I hope you all continue to be strong. I can't imagine sustaining all of the ups and downs that you have had to face...you have remarkable faith! God Bless you all.

Alix

Anonymous said...

Anthony & Nancy,
We just want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. We pray for sweet little Tessa all day long. We pray God will give you two peace and a worry free night. Our hearts ache for you because we know this is such a trail for you. I know God can heal, we need the faith. What a great loving gift God has given you, I pray he will heal her quickly and she will be in your arms and lives to give you the joy only a child can give. Great Mawmaw is a miracle, and Aunt Bonnie. We must keep the faith. We love you and Little Tessa very much.

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,

I'm saying an extra prayer for you and Tessa tonight. You are in my constant thoughts all day, every day. I pray that tomorrow brings a better day for Tessa.

Love ya,
Nancy S.

Joya said...

Nancy, Anthony & Tessa, I couldn't sleep tonight because ya'll were on my heart. I thought before going to bed again I would check on little Tessa one last time till tommorrow. I just wanted ya'll to know that before I go to bed again I will say another prayer for ya'll and Tessa. I hope ya'll get some much needed rest and have an uneventful night. I also hope tommorrow will be a better day and with it will bring alot of better things. Take Care. Tessa, I hope you and your mommy and daddy will rest good knowing ya'll are resting in God's arms. We will check in with ya'll tommorrow to see how your doing.

Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

My heart truly aches for you guys. I really don't know what to say to make you feel better, but just know that I am praying for all of you and I have asked the Lord to put his healing touch on your sweet baby girl.

Psalm 61:1,2 HEAR MY cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Dorie

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,

I can't imagine how hard it must be to continue to have so many ups and downs. I hold steadfast to my belief that the ultimate healer is "God" and this is where my faith lies. God never said that through our trials that there wouldn't be rough waters. Just remember the stronger the battle the greater the victory.

Always in my prayers,
Michele

Anonymous said...

"cast your burdens upon the lord for he cares for you" we are still here for all three of you. we cry out to god continuously for you. we love you dearly, and are only a pnone call away if you need anything.
bro. clenard & sis sonja

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony, we are praying continously, day and night, night and day! We know that God hears us and he is with you all. I truly cannot imagine all that you are going through. Please know that we are here for you all. Only God knows what is best for Little Tessa and he will see that it is done in his time. We are praying for a stable day and inch by inch, step by step, her health will return. We pray that God brings you both some much needed rest, comfort and peace, he is watching over your little angel! As Connor would say, "stay strong, baby Tessa, stay strong! We love you!"
Sending all our love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti and the crew

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,
You two and Tessa have been in our constant thoughts and prayers since Sept. 29th. It is difficult being this far away and not feeling like we are able to support you. Just know that we are only a phone call away, anytime day or night. for a listening ear. Just ask, and we'll be in the car on our way to NC! We miss you all dearly and wish that there was more that we could do aside from praying and sending positive energy your way.

Anthony, thank you for your talent with technology. This blog is beautiful and such a treasure to those not close by. I look forward to the day of meeting Tessa in person and holding this precious angel in my own arms!!! She is one strong little girl, with two of the strongest, most devoted new parents that I know.
Please take care of yourselves and keep faith that love will see this through.

A few words from Corinthians
"Love is patient, love is kind... Love is patient, love is kind. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails."

We love you,

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony.

Parents who have experienced similar waves of pain, hope and uncertainty are having flashbacks while praying for a positive outcome for Tessa. The frustration of being on the sidelines while your little one is struggling to push beyond this crisis is difficult to endure until we realize that she is teaching us to look to the future...and, a life of happiness and faith with her parents. Tessa's strength mirrors the traits found in her parents.

With Love and deep respect for your dedication to your beautiful daughter,
Bruce & Connie Tichenor

Shelly Arthur said...

On this day of worship, many churches have Tessa on their prayer lists. The prayers for Tessa are ongoing. I hope that this will be a day for good news. I'm sure it's very easy to get down, but know as always we are all here on the sidelines rooting for baby Tessa. Her strength of Tessa and her Mommy and Daddy is unbelievable.

Love you all,
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,
Please know we are all praying for you. Gloria came by last night and brought Logan a picture of Tessa . . . he is so excited to have his own picture of Baby Tessa. Please know that the other people who were here said they had added Tessa to their prayers list and forwarded it to their friends. The prayers Tessa is receiving is more than anyone will ever know and our Lord is hearing each one. Please know we are all here for y'all and that God is with you all three of you every step of the way. We will continue to pray for all of you!!!

Brandey

Anonymous said...

LOVE & MANY--MANY PRAYERS ARE BEING SENT UP FOR BEAUTIFUL TESSA & HER FAMILY!!---GOD BLESS!