Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ear Muffs

Tessa looks so cute with her ear muffs on. They are designed to block out extra sound. Obviously she had a very stressful day so we pray that she can get some rest tonight. She is heavily sedated. They just switched her from the oscillator to the conventional ventilator and are going to monitor her sats and blood gases throughout the night. They removed her from the nitric oxide during the transport attempt and did not put her back on it because it seemed to have little effect on her oxygenation.
They have also retested her trachial asperate collected during suctioning of her ventilator tube. The RSV test results today were negative. This hopefully means that the RSV is no longer active in her system. Now she just needs to recover from the resulting pneumonia. The test for a bacterial infection still showed a slight positive for two bacteria. They started her on two new antibiotics today.
Mom and dad are spending another night here at the hospital. We are so thankful that we are allowed to stay close by. This evening, in obedience and as a outward sign of faith we touched a prayer cloth given to us on Tessa's body. We know that many have prayed earnest prayers on her behalf. God is the creator of all things. We grow weary but he does not. He has the power to heal and we put our trust in him.

Isaiah 40:28
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tessa is sooo precious.I hope she is sleeping well with her little ear muffs on.
Praise God that The RSV test results were negative!!
I am getting ready to spend my quiet time with God. I will be praying for God to heal her of pneumonia and to work His perfect timing in transporting her and to be a shield around her.
I pray that He will sustain all three of you and give you new strength each day.
I'll check in later.
Love to you and all whos lives you have so deeply touched.
Patty

Anonymous said...

God is good. I will continue to pray for all 3 of you. She is so so precious and God is good to little children. He will give you the strength to get through this, just lean on him as you already are. Take care of yourself, cause Tessa needs you to be strong for her.

Glad you could stay with your little angel, she can feel your presence.

Love to all,
Dorie

Ellen said...

Very glad to hear that the RSV virus is gone.

Saying my morning prayers now.

Love to you all.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

The earmuffs are precious...It was really good to see her beautiful face after days of her being covered.. She is strong.. She is GOD's child and she will grow and be a testiment to GOD's awesome promises. Love and Prayers coming your way.
Love Kelly

Anonymous said...

I'm starting my day by checking in on little Tessa. It is so good to see her without all of the equipment obscuring her. I will continue to pray throughout the day for this precious child and her faithful parents.

Shelly Arthur said...

I hope you all had a restful night. It was great to see Tessa not covered up. She looks as precious as ever. That's great news that the RSV is gone. Hopeufully she will be able to get through this pneumonia and bacterial infections so that she can quickly be on the road home.

Lots of love
Shelly

Anonymous said...

It is nice to be able to see Little Tessa first thing when we opened the blog. She is too precious! We are so happy to hear the RSV test was negative. I am hopeful that all 3 of you were able to rest better last night. We know that God is watching over you all. He will continue his work and be with you as you weather this storm. It sounds as if the clouds are begining to clear and soon the sun will shine on each of you. She is a strong little girl, I know that she will stand her own through all of this, she has proven that time and again. We are praying for each of you continously. I know she knows that mommy and daddy are right there with her and that keeps her strong. Get some rest and stay healthy for your little girl! We are sending all our love!
Misti and the crew

Anonymous said...

Great article,thanks for sharing thisalso check my blog

Ruchi said...

best article and nice representation see it here

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this inforamtion
click to read more
priti

Misha said...

Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up.
Why Not Try This Out

harshal said...

this is best blog i have ever read...!!!

click here
read more
find more
read the blog
click here
find out the beauty

artist said...

very best blog.... I LOVED IT
chair parts
chair's setup
Material chair
hanging chair

sakshi said...

thank you!!!
cleasne body
type of juice
juice work
cleaning your juice