Dr. Hines told everyone today that our motto for the day is "Don't Rock the Boat." They have been monitoring her blood gas and electrolyte levels throughout the day and making changes only as needed. Today, in addition to her medications, she has received a blood transfusion of red blood cells, magnesium sulfate and potassium.
Tessa is still very swollen but her urine output is increasing. They are going to wait a while longer to see what her kidneys can do to eliminate excess fluid before considering possible dialysis or reinstalling the hemofilter in the ECMO circuit. Thankfully, today has been another stable day with steady blood pressure and oxygen saturation.
She is still on several antibiotics to combat infection and the latest x-ray showed some clearing in her lungs. The blood cultures did not show any infections but they are difficult to detect when the patient is on ECMO. All of Tessa's symptoms indicated an undiagnosed infection and we are thankful that the antibiotics are working.
We praise God for each and every bit of encouraging news. We pray continuously for forward progress and the patience to wait on the Lord and follow his guidance. It could take a while longer for the swelling(edema) to decrease and her lungs to clear but we will be here with her for as long as needed. She is a very special little girl.
John 21:6
And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Don't Rock the Boat
at
8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
Hey Guys! I am so glad to hear good news. Like you we will be hear as long as Tessa and you need our prayers, support, good thoughs and whatever. I guess you are stuck with us for life (haha) because we can never have enough of all those good thing. I will talk to you soon.
Love,
Neelley
We are so thankful to hear some more good news! Tessa is so strong and we are still praying for all three of you! Keep fighting Tessa!
Baby Joey and family
Tessa keep fighting. We love you and are here for you. We know you can do it. Rejoice in everything. Tessa is already a miracle and she will give us another.
Allyson
We will keep praying for little Tessa to heal. We are thankful for all improvements.
Love to you all!
Ellen
Baby Tessa,
They are saying "Don't rock the Boat"......so try to make everyone happy and have smooth sailing.
Praying for you and Mommy & Daddy.
THOUGH YOUR BEGINNING WAS SMALL, YET YOUR LATTER END WOULD INCREASE ABUNDANTLY. Job8:7 KJV
WEW
I think about the three of you all the time, I am praying every day that God will continue to give Tessa strength to overcome this infection. It is so nice to here some encouraging news. I pray that Tessa will continue on this path! I hope you all have a restful night.
Keep fighting beautiful little girl, we love and miss you all so very much!
Love, Cheryl RN
We are praying for you all. Tessa is showing everyone just how strong she is. She has always been a fighter and I pray that she will continue her fight. Anthony and Nancy, if there is anything that you need just let us know.
Tisa
Keep up the fight little Tessa. I think about the three of you often and pray for the best. I'm so excited to hear some good news. I hope you get a good nights rest knowing there is some improvement.
Always in my prayers,
Michele
Hey Anthony and Nancy,
Im so happy that Tessa continues to be stable and that her lungs are looking better.
GOD IS GOOD!!!
Thank you Jesus that you are the one who gives endurance and encouragement! Thank you For The Woodyard Family. Once again Lord, I pray for your perfect will for Tessa. I ask that you protect her kidneys and that you continue to strengthen and heal her lungs. Lord, thank you for each and every person in the medical field helping Tessa. I ask that you continue to give them knowledge and understanding in diagnosing and treating Tessa.
Father,comfort Anthony and Nancy. Be their source of strength I pray.
Thank you God that you are sovereign and you are working your perfect plan for Tessa's life in your perfect timing.
Amen
We are so happy to hear that things remain stable and that her lungs are clearer. We are praying that the swelling continues to get better also. God is Great! He is watching over Little Tessa and will continue. I am hopeful that everyone had a restful night. We are praying non stop, as our motto in our house goes, day and night, night and day! "Stay strong Little Tessa, stay strong. We love you!" Sending all our love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti, Mike, Meg, Cody, Morg and Connor
What a sweet picture! It's good to see Tessa up close again and looking better.Our prayer is continual improvement. It may take time but it will be worth every moment to see Tessa well and Nancy and Anthony with little Tessa home with them. Keep up the faith and God will reward the faithful. We pray for another day of good news.
We love you!
Just checking in. I had Tessa on my mind when I went to sleep and when I woke up. God will provide...beautiful days ahead for both of you and Tessa, and complete, perfect health. I am praying for the miracle that God can and will provide. Keep strong.
I've heard it said that it's almost impossible to experience the true joy of the Lord until you've faced a trial of this magnitude and had God pull you out of it. TRUE JOY IS ON THE WAY NANCY AND ANTHONY! True joy is on the way!
Praise God for all things especially the signs of little Tessa's healing.
Tammy Meredith
Good morning sweet baby Tessa. I am so glad that you are feeling better and your little lungs are beginning to heal. I could jump up and down for joy. Iwent to sleep last night singing to you.I asked Jesus to let you hear the songs. My favorite is Jesus loves me and I substitute your name. Jesus loves Tessa, this i know.... I love you too little girl.
We are praying that Tessa's lungs will continue to clear and we pray that the antibiotics will continue to help! We thank God for bringing such a beautiful baby girl into our lives! She has brought many people together. We pray that Anthony and Nancy know that we are praying for them and love them.
Brandey
We are glad to hear that there has been alittle improvement in Tessa. We want ya'll to know that we are committed to staying with ya'll and backing ya'll through Tessa's recovery too. No matter how long it takes for your little girl to get better. Ya'll have been an inspiration and a blessing to alot of people. Now, its time for us to try to return that favor. We hope Tessa will continue to get better. We know that it could take some time. We love ya'll. If ya'll need us, don't hesitate to call. Take Care little one and keep up the good work. We will contiue to pray for you and your mommy and daddy.
Joya, David & Family
P.S. Tessa, you still look cute in all your pictures! You sure are a blessing to so many people!
Joya, David & Family
PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOTSA OF HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment