Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Doctor's Report

We finally spoke with Dr. Spencer late this afternoon and he said that all went well with Tessa's surgery. There were no complications or unforeseen issues. As expected, it took him approximately 20-25 minutes to treat the back of each eye with the laser. The left eye was the most affected and required a full 360 degree treatment with the laser whereas the right eye only required treatment along the outside edge or temporal region. Tessa has an antibiotic ointment for her eyes which is applied every 12 hours and Dr. Young will conduct a followup eye exam on Tuesday to see that everything is healing properly.
Tessa has been sleeping very soundly all day and is still on the ventilator for now. The fentanyl she received for sedation takes some time to get out of her system. As we prayed, God is giving her rest and time for healing and recovery.

Proverbs 3:24
When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying throughout the day for precious little Tessa.

Anonymous said...

We pray that Little Tessa will continue with God's guidance. We know that he will heal her body and strengthen her. We will continue to pray for her eyes to heal properly. We have asked God to be with all 3 of you today and we ask that you all get some much needed rest tonight. Try to enjoy the evening together even though she will be sleeping. We are sending all our love, thoughts, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Misti

Anonymous said...

We are sending all are love and we are praying every night*

Morgan(Misti's daughter)

Anonymous said...

Tessa looks so peaceful! I hope she can feel the prayers and the love so many have for her!

Thank you God for another miracle!

Shelly Arthur said...

So glad that everything went well and that Tessa is resting peacefully. I hope she is able to come off the ventilator very soon so she can resume her feedings and keep growing.

Lots of love
Shelly

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that thing are still going well! Tessa better get her rest tonight so she will be ready to get off the vent and start her feeding tomorrow. Then she will be ready for front flips well better still a ride home.
All of mom’s test came out very good so, she should be home sometime Friday.
I will be thinking and praying for all good news tomorrow and for the days to come. I will talk to you soon if you need anything you know where I am. :)

Neelley

PS: I am not the anoymous