Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cradled in His Arms

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

God gave us all a great gift in Tessa but today she went to be with her heavenly father. We are humbled by the encouragement and support we have received from so many of God's people everywhere. We pray for strength and we are so proud God chose us to be Tessa's parents here on earth. God be with us and God be with you all. We continue to stand firmly on God's promises and glorify his name.

139 comments:

Zan said...

Psalm 121

For Tessa:

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills; from whence cometh my help?

My help cometh even from the Lord, who hath made heaven and earth.

He will not suffer they foot to be moved, and he that keepeth thee will not sleep.

Behold, he that keepth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord himself is they keeper, the Lord is thy defence upon thy right hand;

So that the sun shall not burn thee by day, neither the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil; yea, it is even he that shall keep thy soul.

The Lord shall preserve thy going out, and thy coming in, from this time forth for evermore.

I love you all. I ask God to give you all Peace and strength of heart.

Anonymous said...

I am so so sorry. My heart and prayers are with you. Sabrina

Anonymous said...

I rush home every evening just so I can check on Tessa's condition and pray that progress has been made. I have especially prayed for recovery in the past several weeks. Tonight my heart is broken. I weep for you both but know in my heart that Tessa is in great hands now and can rest is peace. May God be you all. Beth B

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
I just got the phone call from Mom and Dad! I am so very sorry!! My heart aches for you.
Tessa stole the hearts of so many people. She fought a good fight and I hope you are comforted in the fact that she is restored and in the loving arms of the Lord. Some things will never make sence to us until we see Jesus face to face and are able to ask Him.
God bless you both and hold on to the hope that one day you will be with Tessa again!!
I love you!!
Patty

Anonymous said...

You two continue to be strong. Tessa fought a strong fight. I am so greatful that GOD placed Tessa and her wonderful parents in my life. Tessa was placed on the this earth for a certain purpose. She is apart of some many peoples lives now and she will NEVER be forgotten. Anthony and Nancy you two will never be forgotten either. I will continue to think and pray for you both. Lots of LOVE, Dionne

Anonymous said...

Our heart are heavy for you both.
In the past few months we have grown to love you all.

We will always remember Tessa.
You are in our prayers.

We are so sorry.

love you

David Kay Heather and MaKayla

Anonymous said...

Dear Anthony and Nancy,
This is a day I have feared, yet I am comforted to know that Tessa is safe and whole in Jesus's arms. Her work here is done. She has taught us all about faith, through the faith of her parents. I feel privileged to have know her since the day she was born. I will keep you all in my heart forever.
Sadly,
Cathy Pepin

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Tessa was such a fighter and now she is safe in God's hands. We will all miss her. You two need to cling to each other now and cling to your faith. I pray for God to strengthen and comfort you.
Donna L.

Anonymous said...

I have been here 3 times to leave you a comment, but I couldn't see the screen. My heart is broken for you two. Tessa brought alot of people together and showed them the way of the Lord. Have comfort knowing she is pain free and is looking down at her great parents. Please know that your pray warriors are still here for you.

Love you both,
Ronnie & Dorie

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and your families as you deal with this difficult loss.

Naomi
Women's Hospital NICU

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,

Your strength and faith has amazed us all through this. To say that I am sorry for your loss is an understatement. My heart aches for you. I know that you will both continue to find your strength and comfort in each other and in your faith in the upcoming days, but if there is anything that I can do, please don't hesitate to call me at WH or email me. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Alix

Anonymous said...

Tessa Nicole, you did more in your 100+ days than many can do in a lifetime.
You were a tangible example of heaven here on earth.
Thank you for being you.
Thank you for your gifts.

You showed many how to love. You reminded us to pray. Your beautiful face reminded us all how precious life is. Thank you Tessa Nicole for your time here with us. I will always remember you.

Nurse Terry

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I hope you'll find comfort in knowing that Tessa is in Gods hands. I will pray that you gain strength everyday. I will miss Tessa and both of you but always know I think and pray for you daily. Through Tessa and the both of you many lessons have been taught to many people about standing behind your beliefs and having faith in God and never giving up. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in anyway.

You're in my prayers,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,

May the Lord be with you & help you through this difficult time. Tessa is now a perfect angel in God's heaven.

My prayers & heart goes out to you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anthony and Nan:

Patty called me tonight and told me what has transpired. My heart and my thoughts are with you. I, too, lost my baby girl in 1985. Although I never got to hear her cry she will forever be a part of me. Never a day goes by that she's not with me. Tessa is definitely with Jesus and truly cradled in His arms. That is what is printed on my Ashley's stone as well . . . Cradled in His arms. Your little family is loved by so many. Know that many prayers have gone up and continue to be made on your behalf. Something that helped me in the days after Ashley passed away was this poem:
When things go wrong as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all up hill. When the funds are low and the debts are high, and you want to smile but you have to sigh. When care is pressing you down a bit . . . Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint of the clouds of doubt. And you never can tell how close you are. It may be near when it seems afar. So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit. It's when things go wrong that you must not quit!
You have been such incredible witnesses to all those who have followed your website and whose lives you have allowed Tessa to be a part.
Our sincere love and condolences.
Buck and Tracie Dillon

Eagle-Eyed Sharon said...

Anthony and Nancy,
You don't know me but I heard about Baby Tessa a few days ago and have been following her progress. My heart breaks for you both. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sharon Crisco Farley

Anonymous said...

Tessa did more in her 117 days than some people do in their entire life. Everyone that layed eyes on her loved her immediately. She got people that weren't reading their bible to do it daily, people that weren't praying to do it several times a time, people that weren't going to church to do it weekly. We could only pray to have a fraction of that effect on someone let alone many. Tessa was a fighter and showed that she and her parents are stronger than most of us could ever dream of being. I feel blessed to have been able to be a part of Tessa and her family. This is not the end. This should be the beginning. The beginning for Tessa in Jesus' arms and the continuation of the ministry started by a beautiful baby girl from her hospital bed and the extended family that has formed. We love you Tessa, Nancy and Anthony and we always will.
Allyson

MITS said...

Dear Anthony and Nancy,
I don't know you, but have been following your beautiful daughter for several weeks now. I am so sorry for your loss, but you have deeply inspired me with you faith in God. My prayers are with you and your family and friends. God Bless You. Sincerely, Helen from Bethesda, Maryland

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I'm so brokenhearted for you. I don't even know what to say. I know your hearts and souls are groaning, and I'm so very very sorry, my dear Nancy and Anthony. This is the worst news I've ever gotten. Yes, I know without a doubt that Tessa has crossed from this life into the next glorious life, and is now free from the pain of this world, and there is comfort in that. But...Lord, I'm so so sad for you, and know you are crushed. I wish I could hug you, but please know I am crying with you in this dark hour. Many, many hearts are sharing in your pain tonight. I don't know what else to say right now. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Sweet baby Tessa. You're in heaven now sweetie and God will take good care of you. I never got the chance to meet you, but I looked at your blog every day and got very attached to you like so many others did. You were such a little fighter. Anthony & Nancy, my heart aches for you both. Your sweet little girl touched so many peoples lives. I'm just so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Anonymous said...

Like so many others, we have never met, but I am sitting here brokenhearted for your loss. Your faith is a shining light to those who falter. I am so grateful to have been a part (no matter how small) of this precious life through this blog. I lost my children at ages 2 and 8 months in a fire and questioned for so long how this could happen to me. If only I had then the faith that you have now, my life would have been so different. I thank you so much for sharing that precious child with the world. We are so much richer for the experience.

God Bless you both.

deb said...

I have been following Tessa for a few weeks and she touched my heart with her strength. Your faith through this time has been amazing. Your family has touched the lives of people all over and even though some of us do not know you personally, our hearts are aching with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Deb
Vermillion, SD

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,

We’ve never written before but we’ve checked this site a hundred times to check on the progress of baby Tessa. We’ve prayed, we’ve look at the pictures, we’ve read the descriptions of tough surgeries, and through it all we’ve marveled at your strength – all of you, including Tessa. We are so sorry that the innocent baby has gone, but we know that everything possible was done to help her, including every ounce of your strength and many, many prayers. Know that Tessa is in a better place now, without suffering or struggle, a little angel.

We send you our most sincere condolences.

Lance and Katherine

Unknown said...

I want to thank you for sharing your beautiful daughter with all of us. I am honored that I was able to know her through your loving words. My heart is broken for you both. Tessa changed the world in her visit. I have no doubt in my mind that she is with Jesus now and she will always be loved. There is nothing I could say to take some of your hurt away so I will just keeping praying for you. Love, Jess

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for all of you tonight. Tessa was incredibly blessed to have such wonderful parents. Your unwaivering faith and Tessa's strength have been an amazing testimony of our Fathers love for His children and His ability to carry us through the most difficult times in our lives. You must know you all have touched many hearts and strengthened the faith of all who have followed you on this journey. I pray that you both will feel Gods loving arms wrapped around you surrounding you with abundant love and a sense of peace knowing that Tessa is truly cradled in our Fathers arms tonight and that you will see your precious angel again. I will continue to pray for you all.
Christy G.(Womens Labor & Delivery)

David B said...

Nancy & Anthony,
We so sorry for you loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
David & Michelle Berry

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony, our hearts are truly broken. We are at a loss for words right now. Please know that Little Tessa is with God right now and he will always be right beside her! She truly is an inspiration to all of us---she taught us so much in the very short time she was here on earth with us. I have never known anyone with so much strength and courage to face all that she did. She truly was blessed to have both of you as her parents and I know that you two were very blessed that she was your daughter! We continue in our prayers and ask that God be with you both to give you peace and strength and to find comfort in the beautiful memories that you have of your daughter. We are sending all our love, thoughts and prayers!
Mike, Misti, Meg, Cody, Morgan & Connor

Ellen said...

Dear Nancy and Anthony,

Many tears are being shed tonight for the Woodyard family. Tessa touched so many lives in such a short period of time.

Please know that we are here for you.

Love,
Ellen & Dean

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for you loss. I cannot even fathom what you are going through. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
D. Mitchell - Grucci

Anonymous said...

I sit here tonight staring at my computer--not knowing what to say to comfort you. I feel guilty, as I hold Dani Jo tonight, that she is home. My heart aches for you. Your faith in Jesus has been an inspiration to me over the past several months. My prayer is that you continue to trust in this faith in Jesus and know that He will comfort you. Know that your precious Tessa is cradled is the arms of Jesus and will never again have a hose or tube in her and will never again be sick. She will never again have to have another surgery. The one thing I can take comfort in tonight is knowing that Tessa will be reunited with her Mommy & Daddy one day. Our hearts cry for you tonight. May God cradle your entire family in his arms tonight.

We love you,
Joey & Amanda

Anonymous said...

Nancy and family: We are all thinking of you and hope in some small way the love and support we feel in our hearts will help you through this time. We are here for you and your family - in heart and in mind - and also if you can think of anything that we can do for you. There have been many, many prayers from our house to yours and those prayers will certainly continue. Much Love, Darrell, Marie, Alley & Tyler

Here is a verse from Alley's devotional book that she chose for you: Isaiah 43:2
When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
I've never known a stronger witness or testimony of faith than what you all created with this daily message blog. With all the smut on the internet, He Still Reigns!
You'll get lots of advice on how to cope but you already know that He will provide you with all of your needs. May you rest tonight and every night from now on with the knowledge and vision of your little angel, smiling in Heaven knowing the reunion will be awesome!How blessed you are to have been "chosen as her heavenly parents" and how blessed Tessa is to have been chosen as your daughter.
"Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. He sent His word, and healed them...oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for His wonderful works"-Psalms 107:19-20
Complete healing is only accomplished by bringing us home to be with Him. Tessa's home.
You'll continue in my prayers.
Terri

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy... my heart truly breaks for you tonight. Your family has been an inspiration for so many people. I know that Tessa is in a glorious place now watching over us all. Your strength throughout the past four months has been an amazement. I pray that you will continue to be strong during this unbearable time.
So very sadly, Kelly Kees RN

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,

My heart goes out to you both tonight and just wanted to let you know!

There is nothing I can say to ease the pain but know that we are here for you and please call anytime.

Love and prayers,
Bev and Denny

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony you hung in there every time placing Tessa in God's Will. No one could have been better parents. I am so sorry for your lose of your precious child.
Your faith has always been strong. As it will be now also because you both know Tessa completed her purpose on earth. For whatever reason God had HIS plan for you both and Tessa. Keep your Faith in GOD... With a heavy heart I again say I am sorry for you lose.

Dana from West Virginia

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what to say...
All i can say is Tessa truely meant the world to me. I love her dearly and will think about her everyday..
I love you both and i am soo sorry
Love Danielle

Anonymous said...

I was a friend of a friend. I have followed Tessa's life on and off for the past 100+ days. Tessa's life was short, but a true inspiration to many. My entire family followed your peaks and valleys. My heart is breaking for you. One thing I know is that God blessed Tessa with an awesome set of parents. He also has blessed MANY people through your website and your constant glorification to Our One and Only Saviour. Thank you!

Know that Tessa is peacefully resting in His arms tonight. Peace be with you!

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
Tessa was a special little girl with parents who loved her dearly. She knew your love. She loved to be cuddled and held. Why she has been chosen to be one of God's little angels is in His plan. You have all touched the lives of many with your faith and love.
She will be missed by many.
Linda RN

Anonymous said...

Nothing I can say or do will make the hurt go away. Nothing I can say or do will make it all better. All I can say is that I am so sorry and I'm here if you need me...anytime - day or night.
Love to you both, Laura

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony, we are so sorry for your loss. Tessa has captured our hearts, and we will always remember her. Our prayers are with you all.

Baby Joey's family
(David, Dana, Ann, and kids)

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking for you tonight! May God give you comfort and the strength to make it through these dark times ahead. I want to say "Thank You" for bringing this little girl into my life. Through the three of you I have seen very powerful things happen to myself and the people around me. You all are very loved and Tessa will be greatly missed and never forgotten. Rest easy little Tessa you are with our maker now.
Love, Sommer

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
My heart aches for you tonight. I am so sorry. Tessa was so blessed to have such dedicated and loving parents. Tessa has touched my heart, and strengthened the faith of so many. Now she is truly an angel, cradled in His arms tonight. I feel so blessed I had a chance to take care of her. I will continue to pray for you both. May you feel Gods' loving arms carrying you through this most difficult time.
Amy Myers

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony:
My daughter is one of the staff at Women's -- she told me about this amazing family she was lucky enough to be a support to. Throughout Tessa's time she was constantly touched with your love and dedication. You shared so unselfishly even through times of trial. If the gift of love is the gift of life -- then you brought life to many in the past months.
May God Bless and Keep you.
M.R.

Anonymous said...

Tessa was just so special God called her home. I am just so sorry for your loss.
Love, Kinzey

Nancy said...

Oh Anthony and Nancy,
I am so so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet baby Tessa. She fought quite a fight to be near her two wonderful, faithful parents as your little family touched everyone they met to the core. Our hearts go out to you as your hearts ache for Tessa. I know Tessa is watching over and at peace in the arms of God.
love,
Nancy Micca

Nancy said...

Oh Anthony and Nancy,
I am so so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet baby Tessa. She fought quite a fight to be near her two wonderful, faithful parents as your little family touched everyone they met to the core. Our hearts go out to you as your hearts ache for Tess. I know Tessa is watching over and at peace in the arms of God.
love,
Nancy Micca

Anonymous said...

I have not words that could except my sadness. I can only leave you with this verses and hope they can give you some peace. Thank you for letting me be apart of Tessa Nicole life. For she will forever changed me and I will be forever gateful to her and you both.

Love,
Neelley

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. ~Psalm 23

Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come.Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses,As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil.For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen. Matthew 6:10-13

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony, I am so sorry. Your beautiful baby girl has been such a blessing to so many lives. Her life has touched so many hearts and I know I will remember her and both of you forever. Thank you for sharing Tessa and her story with the world. I pray that you find comfort and peace in the days to come. Love, Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony, as I write this my eyes are swelling with the tears I have cried. I don't know exactly what to say, but please know that if I were there with y'all now I would just sit and hold your hands or do whatever I could to provide a little bit of comfort and support. Tessa is with Jesus now and your baby girl brought much joy to people you will never know and your faith has inspired people who never knew God to start a relationship with him and that in itself is a testament of Tessa's life here. Please know that we will all continue to pray for you and we all love you. Baby Tessa, you are an amazing angel and thank you for making us all see what miracles are made of.

With much love,
Brandey

Anonymous said...

Oh Anthony and Nancy,
We are so sorry for your loss. We looked forward to reading about Tessa and prayed for her each day. We pray that God comforts you both and know that little Tessa is peacefully resting. God Bless you both, Diane, Greg, Zachary, and Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Over the last few months I have read the blog, two to three times a day, first thing in morning last thing before i went to bed. I want you to know i have grown as a person closer to GOD reading bout Tessa and the faith of her parents. I cried both over the lost but also for the victory Tessa is with our Heavenly Father watching over us all. As a parent who lost a two year old i can tell you that only with God you can keep ur life going. God Bless You Both.

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
My heart goes out to you on the loss of such a sweet little girl. My prayers will be with you both in the days to come. Tessa is now resting in the arms of God and will be forever in all our hearts. Continue to have the faith that has brought you both this far.
You both are in my thoughts and prayers,
Vicki Dockery NICU Womens Hospital

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you both and wanted to tell you thank you for sharing Tessa with John and me. Our hearts are breaking and want you to know we are here for you .. just call and we will be there.
Love John and Kelly

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
I feel blessed to have met your family and to have cared for Tessa. She was truly a delightful little girl and one I will never forget. As a mother my heart aches for you, although I know she is resting with our Lord and Saviour this very night. You have truly been salt and light to this dark world with your unwavering faith. Do continue to stand on His promises as they alone will guide you through this valley. Know my prayers and thoughts are with you as well as many many tears.
Sallie Harrell, NNP

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,

we are so incredibly sorry for your loss, we don't know what to say. Our hearts ache for you. So sorry.
Rob and Tina

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
Tessa's life truly touched more people than you will ever know. In just three short months she captured all my co-workers, extended friends and families hearts. She became a part of our day that we looked forward to. A Tessa update as we in Texas called it. Everyday with the update we also received a verse from the word of God from her loving parents. She gave us all hope and the realization that we needed a closer relationship with the Father. Isn't it awesome how she achieved a mission for God in such a short time.
Love,
Matthew and Bobbie, Patricia Wright

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony - the two of you and Tessa taught us all something about love and the power it has - you shared Tessa with all of us and we are so grateful - you are in my prayers - dee

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy & Anthony....my heart is broken to pieces tonight as I try to find words...I can only imagine.
I am so very sorry for your loss. Tessa will live in the heart of many forever.
Thank you for sharing her short life with all of us.
Sincere condolences and God
bless you all and your sweet Angel Tessa.
My love and prayers,
Yvette

Anonymous said...

as a mother my heart breaks for you, as a Christian I thank you for inspiring us with your example of strong faith

thank you for sharing your beautiful little girl with us... you may never know how many lives she touched, but mine was one for sure.

God bless you and keep you.

Anonymous said...

Tessa will make the most beautiful angel God has ever seen! Tessa, Mom and Dad have restored my faith in so many ways! We all miss her precious face and spunky spirit. Such a little girl with such a big purpose..she truely blessed us all! Always in our hearts!
Love Alex

Costume Lady said...

Baby Tessa,
My heart is breaking tonight. I know that you are in a better place and that you will Never suffer again. Mommy and Daddy know that too.
AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS. PHILIPPIANS 4.7 NIV
WEW
From Martinsburg, WV.



GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSAINGING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS.

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking for you. I only cared for Tessa a few times, yet it was all so apparent how very much her parents treasured her. You are such amazing people and Tessa was so lucky & blessed to have you as parents. Thank you for showing all of us what it is to show the love & patience of Jesus, to not only your beautiful daughter, but all those around you. God loves us all beyond measure and if we could all exemplify it like you have, only imagine the world we would live in. My family will continue to pray for you both as you face the days ahead. May peace be with you as God continues to hold you in His hands. April RN Womens NICU

Anonymous said...

TESSA HAS TOUCHED THE LIVES OF EVERYONE THAT HAD THE PRIVILLEGE OF KNOWING HER. SHE WAS SUCH A SPECIAL LITTLE GIRL AND SHE WILL FOREVER BE IN OUR HEARTS. TONIGHT I PRAY THAT THE LORD WOULD GIVE YOU COMFORT AND STRENGTH. WE ARE ALL THINKING OF YOU AND PRAYING FOR YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STOPING BY. IT MEANT ALOT TO US ALSO. IT HAS BEEN A BLESSING TAKING CARE OF TESSA AND GETTING TO KNOW HER WONDERFUL PARENTS. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
JESSICA

Butterfly Mama said...

Nancy and Anthony,
Yes, so many hearts are breaking tonight for Tessa. Your love and faith has been such an inpiration to us all. Thank you so much for sharing TESSA with us all. Rest in peace little one.

Karla Adams, Linden Va

Anonymous said...

My heart is with the both of you. I am praying for you. The song comes to my mind, Precious Lord Take My Hand. Remember to draw strength from the Lord. Love you both.
Kelly Barbour RN

Anonymous said...

Some of us live long lives and never touch as many people as deeply as the three of you have. My consolation, in the midst of such sadness, is the belief that Our Maker some day takes us all home...in His good time. You will see her again. Little Tessa is a lesson to all of us that life is so precious and that our blessings come in the most unexpected ways. Thanks be to God for Baby Tessa and her amazing life!

My deepest sympathy to both of you,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
Our hearts are so heavy for you. We are glad God gave you little Tessa although it was a short time. I could just imagine the beautiful baby Tessa being carried by the snowy white wings of an angel to her heavenly home. Tessa has touched many lives and was used by God. I'm sure through her live she brought many people to their knees. We are now on our knees for you. Our prayers of comfort and love are with you. If there's anything we can to to help you we are here for you. Mawmaw was very sad but knows God will take care of both of you. We ask God to comfort you as you face each day. "Tessa did fight a good fight and has found her place of healing, in God's care. Find comfort in the fact that you will see her again waiting for you Forever in Heaven.
We Love You! Mawmaw Woodyard, Uncle Kenny and Aunt Sandra

jennjenn said...

I wanted to check Tessa's page before going to bed. Now I sit here with tears rolling down my face, trying to find the right words to say. Tessa has touched the hearts of so many people, even those whom never met her. God puts angels here on earth for a reason and sometimes He takes them away before we are ready for them to leave. This is what happened with Tessa. Maybe there has been a soul saved by reading her page and seeing faith in God at work. My heart is broken tonight. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Jennifer (Dani Jo's aunt)

Anonymous said...

My heart is heavy laden wih sorrow for your loss of the most precious gift God had given you. Miss Tessa is now at peace, resting and watching over you every moment of your days. She fought so hard and she gave hope to so many people. She brought together perfect strangers daily, and we all feel your pain, we are all praying for you both. Your angel will always be only a thought away, knowing that one day you will hold her in your arms once more, you must continue and hold your heads up, she will want that of you as she did for you and all of us. Honestly, since I've been following this blog, I've prayed every day, every night and began to appreciate more things that I had taken for granted. Your beautiful Princess has brought to much to people, you shared your faith, your courage, your lives with us, I only wish I could do more to help you right now... All my love, my thoughts and prayers from the bottom of my heart to the top of the mountains...

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,

I am so so very sorry. I echo all the comments that have been made on this blog tonight...thank you for sharing Tessa with us all on a daily basis. My heart aches for you, and I just pray for peace and comfort for you both right now. I am just so sorry.

Love,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,

No words can explain how I am feeling for you both. Tessa was a true trooper. Continue to put God first as you always have. Remember God will bless you for your loyalty....

Sincerly,
Lisa Keith

Anonymous said...

Anthony & Nancy,
It was unknown to us why we had our twins so early and had to experience the NICU for 5 weeks, which was nothing compared to what you have endured, but now we know that one of the primary reasons we went through it was to meet you three. Seeing the amazing faith you have and the smile on your faces each day (even as you went through such difficult days) made us make sure we never took one day for granted. As I said at the hospital on Monday, Tessa gave us more than anyone could have imagined. From day one she fought and she has now "won victory in Jesus, her saviour forever". Praise be to God that she had such amazing parents who not only showed her the loved of Jesus, but also showed that same love to everyone who knew her or even just knew her story. We love you all and are praying for the peace the passes all understanding tonight and for each day you live remembering your sweet baby girl. How awesome know you have such a precious angel to watch over the two of you now.

Hold fast to our Lord Jesus and to each other, God gave you two the perfect partner for special reasons such as this.

Tears & Prayers,
Amber & Hunter

Anonymous said...

I am so saddened to hear of your loss. Tessa has been such an inspiration to everyone. We love your family very much. Tessa definetly had so much love and support for the short time she was with us. Your family has touched the hearts of so many of us at the Womens Hospital. Just remember that we are always here for you guys. You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. We love you all.

Anonymous said...

the song In "Better Hands Now" by Natalie Grant is so amazing and may give you comfort in these quiet moments.

Anonymous said...

Tiny Angels (Anonymous)

Tiny Angels rest your wings
sit with me for awhile.
How I long to hold your hand,
And see your tender smile.
Tiny Angel, look at me,
I want this image clear....
That I will forget your precious face
Is my biggest fear.
Tiny Angel can you tell me,
Why you have gone away?
You weren't here for very long....
Why is it, you couldn't stay?
Tiny Angel shook his head,
"These things I do not know....
But I do know that you love me,
And that I love you so".

Author Unknown

Bless you both.

Andy A

Anonymous said...

God pursues us in our restlessness, receives us in our sinfulness, and holds us in our brokenness.

Because Your loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Psalm 63:3

MAY HE HOLD YOU.

Anonymous said...

Rest peacefully my little Angel, as you are now free of all your pain and suffering. Since your birth we have all been waiting for the day that we got to hold you, kiss you and play with you..God has said that he has bigger plans for you now....you don't know how many lives you have touched, how many prayers have been said, how many tears have been shed.Now our precious little one has moved on to spread her wings and watch over us..You have taught us what the true meaning of love from family and friends and faith really mean.For such a little one your strength and will to fight showed the power God has given you. We will miss you more than words can express.
Tessa-may God bless you and protect you always. My heart breaks everytime I think about you which is always and forever.
Your grandma knows her little Angel is in God's arms and he is probably singing you a little lullaby...sweet dreams..your grandma loves you very much...
As tears still fall from my face...I pray that someday I will get to do all the things that a aunt should do for her neice..
love and miss you..
aunt gogo

Unknown said...

Anthony and Nancy,
Words are not adequate - neither is human understanding. God needed Tessa with him and we can only trust in his wisdom. Lean on God and allow him to pick you up and carry you through the next few days, weeks and months. Tessa will live in my heart forever.

Anonymous said...

Prayer for Bereaved Parents

God, you sacrificed your son so that we and our children would transcend physical death. We know that you grieved when he was crucified and that you grieve over all the atrocities done by men -- especially in your name. You know and understand grief as you know and understand all. You know best how to comfort these parents. Lift their hearts up to you and fill them with your peace. Your understanding is beyond our human comprehension, but give them the knowledge and faith to endure even that which they can't understand. Let them be aware of you always God, and help them to remember that your Love is Life that can never really be taken away.
--Beliefnet member anacleo7

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
My heart aches for you and your family. Thank you for sharing her inspiring life with us. May you have peace in knowing that you will be with her again.

Paula
Emmitsburg, MD

MA said...

Nancy and Anthony,

I am so, so sorry! My heart hurts for you!

Love in Christ,

MA

Anonymous said...

I will miss Tessa greatly. She was the sweetest baby...sweet Tessa. I guess you could say she got that honestly. Tessa was blessed with the MOST loving set of parents I have ever met in my nursing career....love for Tessa, for each other, and an astounding love for God. Anthony and Nancy, I know you are in pain...I continue to pray for strength for you both and I pray for His guidance, grace, and mercy for you in the coming days. All day and tonight, my heart aches and I imagine as God holds Tessa's little body in His arms, His heart aches, too.
With love,
Emily

Anonymous said...

My Sweet Nancy and Anthony,
What a lesson our little angel has taught all who read her blog. We all look forward in reading her blog daily. And because Tessa had such God fearing parents, those who read her blog daily is stronger and more faithful. We could all strive to be as loyal and faithful to our heavenly Father as Nancy & Anthony. You have taught us to fight each day and to live life to the fullest. That is exactly the example you have set for us all. God has a BIG Rocking Chair and He is rocking our little angel now with no wires attached; just His Big arms wrapped all around her. We are praying for God to give you strength beyond measure over the next few days, weeks, months, years....We love you! Always, Joey, Amanda, Dani Jo

Anonymous said...

Dear Anthony and Nancy,

What a testimony you have been. Your strength in the Lord has been amazing. Thank you for making yourselves available and sharing your faith the way you have.

We love you and will continue to pray for you both.
Jack, Nicole, Tay Joey and Jim

Revelation 21:4
And God will wipe every tear from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, no sorrow, nor crying. And there shall be no more pain for the former things that past away.

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy & Anthony,
I am so very sorry.
Since Tina told me about your baby girl, I have read your blog and prayed for little Tessa and you. Tonight, my heart is heavy. May your little angel rest cozily and peacefully in God's arms, and may you find comfort in Him and each other. Tessa's strength and your love for her and each other have given me more than words can say.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tanja

Joya said...

Nancy & Anthony, with a grieving heart we come to you tonight to let ya'll know that are heart aches for you. We are so sorry to hear that Tessa has passed away. We were so hoping that she was going to get better and come home. I too am like one of the other commenterson this blog in saying I feel guily because I still have all 5 of my kids and you've lost your only child. As a mother, I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. Before I had my oldest son Kyle, I had 2 miscarriages and I still have a difficult time every year when their birthdays come around but I think that your hurt has got to be even worse. My tears are falling as I try to find the words that will bring some comfort to you.I'm sorry, I am at a loss for words. I guess like another commenter said on this blog God knows what he's doing and why he took Tessa to be with Him. I know we are not suppose to ask GOd why but it's hard not to. Tessa has done more in her 117 days of life than most people will do their whole life. She was such a fighter and your whole family has been such a testimony of faith. Ya'll have truly been a blessing to the whole world. I hope when it's my time to go, that I can have at least half the testimony that your little angel had. Tessa will be truly missed. I wish that there was more that we could do to comfort ya'll in this time of grief. I hope that you know that us "prayer warriors" are still here to stay and that we will continue to hold you up in our thoughts and prayers. Thank ya'll for letting us be a part of your life and Tessa's incredible journey. Thanks also for taking the time to reach out to us at Womens Hospital when Kayden was in there and being our friend. True friends are hard to come by these days. We hope that we can sill remain friends and keep in contact from time to time. We love ya'll. Please let us know about funeral arrangements and if ya'll are inviting everyone or just family. Thanks again for everything you have done for us. We will keep ya'll in our thoughts and prayers. May God give you the comfort you need to get through this trying time. God Bless.

Joya, David & Family

Joya said...

Tessa, I know you can read this from Heaven, please know that you are in the best place ever. You will never have to be in pain again or have another surgery. You had the best parents a baby could have asked for and you've always have known that. Thanks to you and your parents for being such a blessing and an inspiration to so many people. You and your mommy and daddy have touched so many lives in your 117 days of life. May you rest in God's arms and may God always rock you in his rocking chair. I can't wait to see you in Heaven someday. Will you please help God watch over your mommy and daddy? We all love you my sweet little angel. You will NEVER be forgotten!

Joya, David & Family

Anonymous said...

One way Tessa changed my life was to be dedicated to get up each morning at 5 for a time of prayer and fellowship with God. I will continue that in honor of Tessa.
I love you guys!!
Patty

Heavenly Father,Thank you for Tessa. Thank-you for sacrificing your son Jesus so that we can have the assurance of seeing Tessa in the future.Thank you for Anthony and Nancy. I pray Lord that you give them strength to face each day ahead.Pour out your comfort and compassion on them I pray! Let your presence be felt and bless them with your love and mercy.
Amen

Anonymous said...

She has left our sight....but never our heart. What a figher she was. I know that she is watching over both of you and she will help give back the strength that you gave to her for so long. We are so lucky to have you all in our lives. Thank you for sharing everything with us. It has really meant so much. You both have been the best parents to little Tessa that you could possibly ask for. May God be with you during this time and keep you strong. He will take care of your little girl.

Anonymous said...

I am just so sorry. I will be thinking of you both.

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,
I am so sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray for you. Ella said it best this morning when she said that Tessa was sent here for a purpose. So many have found new reaffirmation in their faith and in prayer. Thank you for sharing her short but meaningful life with us....
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. You all will still be in my prayers. God Bless.

Love
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy

We are so sorry for the pain you are going through right now. I know your heart is just breaking. I can't imagine...but I know God will give you the strength you need to get through the days ahead. I know just from the postings on this website that you have many people you can rely on and make sure you use those people. That's why God has put them in your paths. Know that we are praying for you.

Blessings,
Jeff & Tammy Fanning

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy, both of you and Tessa will be in our thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry of your loss. That sweet little gave it a good fight. You two have shown what great parents really are.

With love,
Steve & Tracy

Anonymous said...

Nancy and Anthony,

I am so very sorry. I only met Tessa a few days ago and I have checked in every day to see how she was doing. Tessa was a beautiful little girl with such a strong spirit, and heaven is so incredibly lucky to have her. My heart goes out to you.

Shell Kimball

Anonymous said...

You'll find me there

If ever you have sensed me near,
Yet doubted it could be,
Thinking it impossible,
That rainbow will be me.

I am the whisper of the wind,
I didn't ever leave,
In fact my love is everywhere
If you will just believe!

That song repeating in your mind
Is the one I sing for you
Oh Mommy, Please, rely on faith,
There's so much I can do.

Now Daddy, It's okay to cry,
I've watched you hold it in,
Please know that I adore you so,
we'll all be joined again.

And as you hold my mommys hand,
And share this grief you bear,
Just picture me, gaze in her eyes,
and I swear you'll find me there.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Annamarie
NB, Canada

Anonymous said...

I know nothing I can say will heal your broken hearts, but I am deeply sorry. And as sad as we all are, I can't help but smile. What a wonder that small person turned out to be! The love she brought to so many, most of whom never even saw or touched her. I am no one that your family knows. That little beautiful angel brought together so many people in love and prayer. She restored my hope for people in this world that seems to get harsher and meaner by the day. Just reading everyone's comments everyday is so uplifting. I will never forget your amazing daughter. Please know that we all are sending you our love and deepest sympathy. Thank you for letting us meet and love Tessa, it was a wonderful gift to us all. --Tina, West Virginia

Anonymous said...

Dearest Nancy & Anthony,

My heart aches for the two of you. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My condolences are extended to the entire Woodyard/Tinsman families. Tessa was a great gift that God gave to you, if only for a short while. In God's infinite wisdom he chose you to be the perfect parents for his special angel. I looked back through the blog last night and I know from the pictures that Tessa loved you dearly, as you loved her. Actually, we all fell in love with Tessa. Sweet Tessa's little body fought a very hard battle, but now her precious soul is with Jesus in Heaven; never again to suffer, but to have enternl life. You will see her again someday. My thoughts and prayers are with you more than ever.

Love you,
Nancy S.

Anonymous said...

This is sad to hear. I wish I could be with you in this time. I will continue to pray. I know God will be with us all and I know He is taking care of Tessa. God Bless you all and I love you.

Sylvia M. Woodyard

The Hayes Family said...

We don't know eachother, but you go to church with one of my friends. She let me know several months ago about your blog and I have read it since then. I have prayed and prayed for Tessa and now I am praying for you two. Thank you so much for letting our family get to know yours. Tessa truly was a blessing to all who got to know her. We are so sorry you are going through this. I am praying for your peace.

Ashley Hayes

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss of Tessa. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nurse Paige

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,

Thank you for sharing Tessa's journey with so many. She touched our hearts in so many ways. She is at peace now. I pray that God continues to give you strength at this difficult time. And know that you are still in everyone's prayers.

Sincerely,
Susan Bukovsky

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. My husband and I are friends of Hunter and Amber and we have been praying for all of you during this time.

I can only imagine the mix of emotions that you must be feeling right now. You have encouraged me and my family so much and I pray that God will continue to sustain you throughout the remainder of this journey.

Your faith is incredible - your testimony is matchless --you have spoken volumes to so many who you may never meet. Thank you for being willing to be God's instrument to touch so many.

Tessa IS a miracle...she has touched so many lives with her presence. Thank you for leting all of us be a part of your joy and for allowing us to share your burden.

Please know that we will continue to pray for you daily.

Amy McDonald

Anonymous said...

If I could have a lifetime wish,
A dream that would come true,

I'd pray to God with all my heart
for yesterday and you.

A thousand words can't bring you back,
I know because I've tried.

And neither will a million tears,
I know because I've cried.

You left behind my broken heart,
and happy memories too.

I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

I love you!
aunt gogo

Anonymous said...

Dear Anthony and Nancy,

We are so sad to hear about the news and our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family. May God continue to bless you during this time and always.

GCS Helpdesk,
Kerstin, Tracy

Anonymous said...

Anthony, Nancy and Tessa,

You will probably never know just how many people have been touched by your journey. The three of you have taught so many people how to pray, how to trust, and how to love. Tessa's time here was an incredible blessing, and God did so much through her than many of us are capable of doing in 50 years! Your witness to others has b een incredible, and your faith throughout this is an encouragement to all of us. You and your family are in our prayers, and we pray that you feel God's arms around you, and that you are reassured that Tessa is still the angel she was for you in her time here.

Charlotte, NC

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy and Anthony,

I am deeply sorry! You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. I was never fortunate enough to meet Tessa, but through your wonderful words and pictures, she will live in my heart forever. I know you feel very blessed to have had such a beautiful, special little girl. May God bless you and keep you near and give you peace.

Abbie Roberts

Anonymous said...

Nancy and family,
Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today, and each day. Many of us have followed your journey here, and we too have a special place in our hearts for Tessa. You were truly blessed by God and his miracle angel, Tessa. May God lift you up during this time and may you find peace.
Your friend,
Sarah Swanson (GRR)

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,

We are so sorry for your loss. We have been keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Pam Brown and Cindy Rinker

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy & Anthony:
I have been following Tessa's beautiful life since the day my co-worker (Susan Bukovsky) told me about her birth. Every morning I would sign onto your website and enjoy all the beautiful photos and news you were so kind to share with friends, family, and even strangers. I, as many others, was extremely heartbroken to hear the news of Tessa's passing, but know that she is safe and comforted with the Lord. May your faith, friends and family keep you comforted and give you the peace and love that you need during this time.

Tessa will remain in my heart always. She was and is a very special little angel.

God bless,
Theresa Otley

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy and Anthony

My heart aches for both of you and for all of those that love little Tessa. Lean on each other for strength and know that she has made a huge impact on many people. In this world, every day, it is so easy to lose sight of what is important and our feelings. She has touched a part of all of us that will always be there - something very good. Thank you, Tessa and God love and take care of you.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Your family is in our prayers. May God keep you and comfort you. May his face shine upon you and give you peace.
Ellie C.

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy I dont even know what to say. When I arrived at work last night and saw the update on Tessa my heart just sank. We were so glad you came to see us last night, even with your grief you came with words of encouragement for the staff at womens, you both are truly amazing. I am so blessed to have taken care of Tessa! Tessa had moments that she worried me, made me smile,made me laugh, and made me cry. I will always remember Tessa early on squirming around with her bottom in the air and never giving up on finding that perfect spot to rest, no matter how hard I would try to move her back to a different spot, those were times you made me laugh! Tessa you finally found your perfect spot to rest, and may you rest in heavenly peace.God gave Tessa, Nancy and Anthony all a great purpose, you have brought so many people together, touched so many lives, and have truly blessed us all! Nancy and Anthony I will continue to pray for you that God will give you strength and peace. Please let us know if you need anything. there are many tears being shed for the loss of a beautiful little girl.

Tessa victory is yours!!!
love always, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

We met briefly in the NICU at Womens when our grandbabies were residents there and have kept up with all of your trials and blessings. It is with the greatest sorrow that we share in your loss. You, Nancy and Tessa have truly been such a blessing and a living testimony to so many people. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Robin and Bill Pegram

Unknown said...

Dear Nancy and Anthony,

I'm so very sorry about Tessa. I can't imagine what you're both going through right now. But I really believe that Tessa was put on this earth for a greater purpose, to bring this huge extending group of strangers together, praying together, and glorifying God's name. All for the love of one tiny little girl that we shall never forget. And she just so happened to have the most remarkable parents that I've ever met. Me and my family will continue to have you in our hearts and prayers. Much love, Amy Black RT

Anonymous said...

From Aurora, IL;
We have prayed for you all from the beginning and are deeply grieved at your loss. Tessa did more good her short few months on this earth than many do in a life time. She touched the hearts of many. And the witness you have been through every day is amazing. Your faith, courage and strength were always so mighty....may that be what holds you and gets you through the next days and months to come. Tessa was an angel sent from heaven. I was blessed to know her through email. May God comfort your souls.
Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Dear Anthony and Nancy,
Our hearts grieve for you at this most difficult time. Last night I slept with both girls and kept waking up to check on them and to thank God for them. Thanks to you both and Tessa for reminding everyone how precious life is and how one little person can affect so many people. I've prayed more for her in the last month than I have for anything in the last few years! She was truly a blessing to all who knew her, whether in person or through your blog. Thank you for sharing her with us for this brief but meaningful time she was with us on earth.
Many blessings for peace and healing,
Amy, Kayvan, Kayla, and Lily

Karen said...

We have followed Tessa's blog daily from England since you told us about her in November. We have smiled at her first Thanksgiving picture for mummy and daddy, her 'tiny' bow in her hair and how beautiful she looked in her red dress to meet Father Christmas. We have giggled at that foot always out of the covers. For one so tiny she had a BIG personality.
As parents ourselves we cannot begin to imagine how you are both feeling at this time. Words do not seem enough.
You are in our thoughts.
Karen and Colin

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
Our hearts are broken for you both. We are praying for God to strengthen you all in this time of sorrow,but earth's loss is "Heaven's" gain. What a sweet little angel "Baby Tessa" was and is. Lean on Jesus He will carry you through.
Love and prayers,
David and Rosalee

Psalm 23:4

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You must know that Tessa was sent to you for a reason, even though that reason be unknown. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pam

Anonymous said...

After thinking all night and this morning about what to write on this comment, I have come to the conclusion that I don't really know what to say. Actually, I don't think there's anything I can say. I'm SO sorry! You guys are in my prayers.
much love,
Leah

Anonymous said...

You both are in our thoughts and our prayers. My heart is saddened by the news of Tessa. She was truly a special gift from God in all the lives she touched. Please know that we continue to pray for you as you go through this difficult time. Rhonda s/o LA

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear that Tessa's earthly life has come to an end, but I praise God that her eternal life has just begun. May God give you and your entire family strength, comfort, and peace in the days, weeks, months, and years to come.

Anonymous said...

Our prayer for you is that you will find comfort and peace that only God can give. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today and the days ahead. You have been an inspiration to our lives more than you will ever know. There was not a day that went by that we didn't think of Tessa and pray for her healing. We know she is in a better place now, and that she is with our Lord and Savior wrapped in his loving arms. We love you very much and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love,
Watson, Sharon, James, and Karli

Anonymous said...

May your evident, ever present faith in God sustain you during this time. Thank you for allowing us to share Tessa with you. In our brief encounters, I was touched by your sweet spirits. I am praying for you both in this difficult time.

Annanora
Women's NICU Social Worker

Anonymous said...

I just can't seem to get the both of you off my mind today. I have cried until I have no more tears to shed. I feel so helpless and wish there was something I could do to ease your pain. God is the answer and will carry you through all of the many difficult times you will face. Gods plan was not what we had hoped for. However, like you both, I stand strong in my beliefs and faith that God is the answer to help us when we feel we can't go on. I'm amazed at your strength in dealing with the times and circumstances over the past couple of weeks. I must say the name you picked out for Tessa couldn't have been better. She is the victorious one and God has a special plan for her. I am so glad I got to know you all and take care of little Tessa. Please let me know through WH if you need anything.

Always in my prayers,
Michele

Anonymous said...

I guess God didn't want to share Tessa with us anymore. He created her so special, He wanted her all to Himself.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anthony and Nancy,
There are no words to express my sympathy to you in this time of sorrow. Tessa touched my soul. The love and strength you all showed to and for each other and the faith you maintained throughout the long fight were so inspirational. You were given a miraculous gift. God certainly knew what He was doing when He brought this loving and faithful family together. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. May the love and support of family and friends (and strangers) strengthen you in the days to come. Tessa is resting comfortably now - she is safe and free in His loving arms.
Love, Mary Lu

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy,
I am praying for you both. I am so sorry, Baby Tessa was such a fighter. She is now cradled in His arms. I read what you wrote and cried. You both have so much faith and strength I admire both of you. May God bless and keep you!
Christie Sadler

Anonymous said...

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Your faith has inspired more people than you will ever know on this side of heaven. The Lord used Tessa in a remarkable way. Our prayers will continue to lift you up before the throne of grace.

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 40:28-31

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

May God keep you close to him now and always.

Roy

Anonymous said...

Nancy & Anthony,

I am the fiancee of Ash Cook, Thompson-Withers, LLC. Ash just shared with me the news of your loss and I am so deeply sorry. I have been on your blog a few times over the last months and your Tessa is such a beautiful little soul. I know there are no words that can possibly comfort you right now, but please know that your in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you love, hope and light, Amberlee

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear about Tessa. Children are a gift from God and your Tessa was a most precious gift and blessing to everyone. We pray that God will give you strength and comfort in the days ahead. God Bless!

Maude Caudle said...

Dear Anthony and Nancy,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you tonight and will continue in the days ahead. You were very special parents to baby Tessa and I thank God for baby Tessa and for both of you. God promises "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me." We am so thankful that we can all lean God's promises for the days ahead.
Love and prayers,
Maude and Howard Caudle

Carlie said...

Dear Nancy and Anthony,
I am so proud of your strength and reliance upon the Lord.You guys have been down a long road full of ups and downs, yet, through it all, give God the glory for everything. That is such a hard thing to do in such trying times. I know that I've shared with you some of my own experiences with my sweet Abby. The only one thing that will help you through such times is the peace and comfort that only Christ can give. My heart aches so badly for you right now. I didn't take care of Tessa very much, but the times that I did, I found out just how strong she was. Tessa touched the lives of everyone that ever took care of her. We know that Tessa is in the arms of Jesus and smiling at her Heavenly Father. This gives anyone that's a believer peace. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Carlie Holloway
NICU Women's Hospital

Anonymous said...

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord!"

Thank you for allowing all of us to go thru this experience with you! Tessa was wonderful beyond description!

Anthony, you are a mighty man of God, and I just know that as you continue to lay your heart open before the Lord, He is going to comfort and strengthen you and use you to speak words of comfort to your wife and others. Get ready for BIG things! Your family has reached so many for Christ. As christians we know that when a thief is caught he must repay 7 times. God is going to RICHLY bless you for your undying faith and wonderful testimony!

It helps to remember that this dying world is not our home. We have so much to look forward to in heaven! Now you have seen a glimpse of what's awaiting you someday! You are very blessed!
I pray God's wisdom and comfort to you and your family during this difficult time. God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

Anthony and Nancy, My heart is broken for your lost of your beautiful little angel. We met her in the NICU at Women's Hospital and she touched our heart and she did not even know how to speak. God used Tessa to touch lives as I look at your website in many towns and states. How amazing that we can speak, and still don't have the same affect on people around us. Tessa taught us all to love more, lean on God more, and have faith in the unseen and unknown. I do smile when I think of Tessa sitting on the lap of Jesus surrounded by people who love her. I thank God that I was allowed to see Tessa, read about her daily from her loving parents words of love, encouragement, and prayers sent up by so many caring people. Thanks for your daily scriptures, they were powerful! May God shelter you under His wings as you face each tomorrow with His strength, His power, His comfort and mostly His love one day at a time, little by little. You will remain in our prayers. Thanks for sharing the life of a wonderful little child of God's with all of us.

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear about Tessa but we know that she is the arms of our loving GOD. We are praying for you and know that our LORD will comfort and help you through this time.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you as much as it broke my heart and made me cry to read about little Tessa it is not even in comparison as to how you must feel.Then I remember how David said in the loss of his son , can I bring him back again? I shall go to him ,but he shall not return unto me. What joy that will be when God tells you thy good and faithful servant enter into the joy of the Lord. For eternity to spend with no tubes in Tessa anymore in her perfect heavenly body which the Lord has for her.My prayers and love go out to you and Love in Christ name may God give you comfort of the holy spirit to heal.