Wednesday, December 26, 2007

All Dolled Up

Tessa looked so pretty today in her gown that her friend Phyllis bought for her. She caught everyone's eye that passed by. I think she is beginning to love all the attention.
Today they increased her feedings to 35ml of milk every 3 hours and she continues to grow. Her weight today is 4lb 3oz. She took some milk from the bottle at all eight of her feedings today and took five feedings entirely by bottle. They removed the feeding tube to help clear her airway and will only reinsert it if needed. She is making great progress with her feedings. Mom and Tessa also tried some nuzzling again today.
Earlier today, Tessa was having frequent desats and some bradycardia. As a result, they decided to try changing her oxygen settings. Rather than 26% oxygen at 1 liter flow rate per minute she is now on 100% oxygen at only .3 liter flow rate per minute. This worked well the remainder of the day because she did not have any additional desats or bradycardia. Praise to our Lord.

Psalm 29:2
Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Tessa is tooo sweet and she is gaining weight at about the same rate that I am!!!
I'm praying for Tessa to gain and for me to lose!!!
God love you all!!
Patty

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely precious. I am so glad to hear of her weight gain and that she is doing so well. Praise God!!!

Love
Tracy

Anonymous said...

She looks soooooo adorable in her little outfit.....way to go Tessa...keep gaining that weight.... :)
Glad to hear the feeding tube is out ....(I bet she is glad it is out too)...love and miss you guys....
xxxooooxxx
love aunt gogo

Ellen said...

Such a little sweetie!!! This is a great way to start my mornings. Tessa has captured the hearts of many!!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I am catching up on the latest news of Tessa. I haven't had a computer to check in and see how things are going. I am so glad to hear that she has joined the 4 lb club. That is wonderful news. Praise God! I am so happy that you had a Wonderful First Christmas together. That is awesome. I was thinking of you guys. Keep up the good work Tessa! Thoughts and prayers from Loudoun County.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

She looks too cute in this outfit! We are happy to hear that they removed the feeding tube. Keep up the good work little Tessa! We are praying for you girl! I hope you all are enjoying lots of family time together! Sending all our love!
Misti

Anonymous said...

We have been away for a few days, but I am so excited to see how Tessa is doing. The feeding tube is out and she is gaining weight . . . our God is an awesome God!!! We continue to pray for Tessa and hope she will be able to go home soon. We also LOVE all her cute outfits. Our love and prayers are with you!

Brandey

Joya said...

We were so glad to see ya'll and Little Tessa Saturday night and to get to spend alittle time with ya'll. We really enjoyed ourselves. We are glad to hear that Little Tessa is doing so good and gaining weight. She looked so cute Saturday. (She looks so cute in all her little outfits) We definately could tell a difference in her since we saw her when Kayden was in the NICU. We are also glad to hear that ya'll had a great Christmas together! Hopefully it won't be too much longer before ya'll can spend ya'lls special times at home. At least we are praying ya'll will be able to very soon! Take care and keep growing Tessa!

Joya, David & Family