Dr. Parsons at Brenners called Tessa "a vigorous one" and she certainly lives up to that reputation. She loves to raise her arms and kick her legs and feet. At the moment, she is wide awake and will not lie still for anything. It has been hard getting pictures today because she has been moving around so much. We are thankful that she is "vigorous", happy and doing well.
Tessa is now up to 3.4ml per hour on her feedings. This is over 16.5 teaspoons per day. Nurse Debbie today began adding human milk fortifier (HMF) to the breast milk. If her system tolerates this, they will add more. This will give her extra calcium and phosphorus to strengthen her bones and correct the osteopenia. If her feedings continue to increase she will no longer need the lipids and hyperal liquid nutrition through her PICC line. They may be able to remove the liquid nutrition on Tuesday or Wednesday. Tessa is actually receiving very little through her IV.
She continues to get a dose of caffeine every night to stimulate her respiratory system and is still receiving a small dose of hydrocortizone which may end tomorrow. She has not needed any ativan for sedation in several days. Grandpa & Gram Woodyard, Tiffany and baby Katrina visited today. They could see that she has grown since their last visit. God has blessed Tessa with so many that love her very much.
Psalms 17:8
Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Vigorous One
at
9:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Such good news to start the day with! Tessa is a living witness to the power of prayer.
Give Nancy and tessa a kiss for me!
Love ya'll!
Patty
God is Great! What great news that Tessa is improving day by day and getting stronger. You will have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers.
Cindy M.
Glad to hear Tessa is doing so well. What a Happy Thanksgiving y'all will have . . . so much to thank our Lord for.
Brandey
I had to delete my comment earlier because some of it for some reason didn't post right and was cut off when I submitted it, so I'm going to try this again. I agree with the doctor that Little Tessa is a little wiggle worm but I think that's a good thing! I think that lets us know she is working very hard at showing us she's growing and getting stronger every day! I also agree with the other people who put their comment in that ya'll are going to have alot to be thankful for this year! We all are going to have alot to thank God for!
Post a Comment