Tessa received her two month vaccination shots and an epo (erythropoietin) shot today. Her vaccinations were DTP (Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis), Hib(Haemophilus Influenzae), IPV(Polio) and PCV7(Pneumococcal infection). Five shots in one day cannot be comfortable but she handled them well. She received some Tylenol and some Sweetease (glucose) before and after to ease the discomfort. She did cry a little but actually this indicates normal brain function. If she did not cry, it might be an indication of a problem with pain response.
Mom and dad attended an infant CPR class this evening. We are so glad to have this information in preparation for going home but obviously hope that we will never need to do CPR. Tessa is progressing forward every day. Today they lowered the flow on her oxygen from 1.5 to 1 liter/minute. She also received her second bath. This time, mommy gave Tessa her bath. She was resting very comfortably when we left the hospital this evening. Thanks again to everyone for your continuing prayers and support.
Romans 15:30
Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Vaccinations
at
9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
We're so proud of Tessa! What a little trooper!!
Ellen & Dean
Bless little Tessa's heart, shots are never fun for anyone! She truly is one tough little girl! I bet mommy and her had a good time with her bath! She truly is a sweetheart and we praise God for all his wonder! Hope you all have a wonderful day! We are sending all our thoughts and prayers your way! Lots of hugs, kisses and love!
Misti
What great news to get this morning. I knew she was a brave
and strong little girl. Keep up the good work, Tessa.
Love to all of you
Bev
Tessa looks worn out after such a big day! I'm glad ya'll took the CPR course. It's always good for anyone with children to know it.We are all trusting in the Lord to continue to breath life into her!!
Love you!
P
glad to hear she did well with the shots......she looks so long now....
what every girl wants--a nice warm bath and a good night sleep....hope you had sweet dreams...keep getting stronger and hurry home..we all love and miss you Tessa.....we can't wait to hear your little cry and see your cute little giggles...and little smiling face... :)...hope you have a great day and see you soon....love auntie gogo...
Good morning Woodyard family! Tessa looks so peaceful in that picture. I am sure Mommy loved givng Tessa her bath. I am glad that she tolerated the shots well. Praise God for another good day.
Love you guys,
Melissa
Since I am commenting today (Thursday-the 29th)...I just want to say"
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TESSA....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....!!!!! get mommy and daddy to sing this to you.....and make sure they give you a big kiss from me and grandma.....we have alot to celebrate with you....!!!! hope you have a great bday...love ya...auntie gogo and grandma
I praise God for guiding little Tessa through two months of life "on the outside." I also praise Him for using her parents in a mighty way as they minister and witness in the NICU.
Psalm 5:11 says " but let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice; let them sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them and defend them; let those who love your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits." David said it first and I say "Amen" and "thank you, Lord for your loving kindness and covering of Tessa"
Post a Comment