Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tuckered Out

As would be expected, Tessa is exhausted after today's events. We have seen many cry faces today and she certainly lets you know when she is unhappy by flailing her legs and arms. Her calorie intake today could not have been enough to compensate for the calories burned. At least she seems to be sleeping comfortably now. She has had a couple of bradycardia events today where her heart rate and oxygen saturations drop and this could be associated with her extra stimulation today.
The respiratory therapists here at Women's Hospital have once again taken Tessa off the ventilator and put her on CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure). She does not like the mask on her face or the prongs in her nose but a little sedation helps her tolerate it better. The ventilator tube needed to be changed anyway to be compatiable with the procedures here at Women's Hospital so the doctors decided to give CPAP another try. Her ventilator settings have been very low so she is ready to be extubated but her size makes it more likely that she will get tired more easily.
The doctors here have continued her feedings of breast milk at the same rate but have decided to switch to continuous feeding. She receives 1cc per hour continuously through a syringe and a pump.
We are glad to be back in Greensboro but already miss our friends, doctors and nurses at Brenners. We continue in prayer for the babies there and are eternally grateful to the doctors and nurses for their care and support. May God bless you all.

Exodus 23:25
And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are grateful for your safe return to your home. We pray for Tessa's health and strength as she continues to grow in God's care and her family and extended family prayers and thanksgivings. We have so much to be thankful for in the month of Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

God's word says " the prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with." James 5:16 Message
Tessa's prayer warriors are reminded every day how good God is.

Anonymous said...

I love how her little hand is next to her face in this picture.She is so,so,so sweet.
Hope you and Nancy are doing well and getting some rest.
Love you all!
Patty

Shelly Arthur said...

I'm sure little Tessa did have a big day. I hope she is more rested today. Also hoping you all enjoyed a nights sleep in your own bed. Glad to hear Tessa is getting lots of milk.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Love ya
Shelly

Anonymous said...

I hope that everyone had a good night and got much needed rest. I pray for a good day today.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Tessa!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Tessa.
Nurse Kristie

Anonymous said...

I pray that Tessa will have a more restful day today and remain strong. I hope that you two were able to get some much needed rest also. You all remain in our prayers! Last night when I put Connor to bed he kept saying over and over "Tessa get well, Tessa get well"! He ask's about her each day. We send all our love!