God is strengthening Tessa each and every day. Nurse Chris says that she is having a very good day. She is doing well with the CPAP and is on room air (21% oxygen) most of the time. Her blood gases have been good and all of her vital signs are stable. The doctors decided during rounds to again increase her feedings to 1.3cc per hour. Tessa, it's time to gain some weight. Her most current weight was 1lb 15oz although some of this may still be excess fluids.
Dr. Parsons from Brenners called to check on Tessa this morning and we spoke with him briefly. We are honored that he took the time to do this. She is healing well from surgery and they are slowly weaning the hydrocortizone that was used to boost her adrenal system prior to surgery. She still cuddles up with Freddy the Frog and now sucks her pacifier for a moment or two on select occasions. We continue to hope in the Lord and acknowledge him as the source of her strength.
Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Soaring
at
12:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I have been waiting to see how our little angel was doing. I'm glad she has settle down from the trip. Now -- to just put on that weight so you can take her home!
Love you all!
Angie
So glad she's having a good day! She might be 2 lbs by the time I get there to see her! :)
She looks so peaceful.
Love
Shelly
Hey there little girl - Mommy & daddy aren't there with you today so we are very glad you are having a good day. We love & miss you so much when we are not there with you. Can't wait to see you this evening. Enjoy your increased meals today so you can gain some weight and get to come home. You are truly a blessing to us & we thank God for you each & every day!!Love you sweetheart
MOMMY
What great news!! I bet it's so cute to see her suck a pacifier.
Glad things are going well. God is good!!
Love the "Mommy comment"
Patty
I am so glad to see she is doing well. I pray she will continue to do so.
I love the comment from Mommy! It brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad to hear that Tessa is having such a good day. Praise God! Now Tessa it is time to start gaining weight - the sooner you do the sooner you can go home. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Love you guys,
Melissa
The message from Mommy makes me cry. A Mother's love is is so big and true, that it cannot be described.
Brandey
What wonderful news! I'm glad to hear she has even used her pacifier today! Nancy, your message to her is tugging at my heart strings----and brings tears to my eyes! I'm using Connor's quote here, "get well Tessa get well"! Enjoy your evening together---get lots of kisses in!
Love you!
Misti
Hi Tessa, This is Dani Jo--I sure do miss you. It was kind of sad to look over this morning and not see you in your spot. It is not the same. Your mom and dad sure did touch my mom and dad in a way that only God could work. I am glad you got to move closer to home. I wish you well and hope that you get strong so you can go home soon. I might get to go home in 2-3 weeks if all goes well. Talk to you later--Luv Dani Jo
I'm so glad that she is back at Women's and thriving! What a wonderful little girl she is!
Carolyn Ward
Continuing to pray for precious little Tessa.
So glad to hear that things are going well for Tessa. I know Shelly
is excited to see the three of you this weekend.
Love to all
Bev
Post a Comment