Sunday, November 4, 2007

O Happy Day

Tessa had a wonderful night. After receiving some extra fluids yesterday, her blood pressure has stabilized and her other vital signs are good. During rounds this morning, the doctors decided to remove her from the ventilator and put her on CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure). This is the logical next step towards breathing completely on her own. Air is delivered through prongs in her nose and pushes air that is slightly pressurized into her lungs. She is still doing well with her feedings and daddy got to give her milk through a syringe again this morning. The Lord does marvelous work.

Psalm 118:23
This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting on the update this morning. So glad she is off the vent! I'm thrilled and praise God that everything is going well. Maybe with our next visit, I will be able to see Tessa's eyes and be able to talk to her.
Sending lots of love,
Angie

Ellen said...

We love getting good news! It makes our day!

Love you all

Ellen & Dean

Anonymous said...

You've made my day with the wonderful update. So happy
she is off the ventilator and
using the CPAP method. Sounds
like she is making great strides.

Can't wait to see her with her
eyes open again.

Love to the three of you
Bev

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear Tessa is off of the ventilator. Our Lord is wonderful!!!