Thursday, November 1, 2007

Victory

Nurse Sabrina says that Tessa is doing great following surgery. Her incisions are so very small. It is amazing. God certainly was there to guide the hand of the surgeon and has granted him great skill. We are so very grateful.
Tessa's ventilator settings are at 35% oxygen and her vital signs are good. She is already waking up and just opened her eyes for daddy. She received a blood transfusion this evening to increase her blood volume and some sodium bicarbonate for metabolic acidosis which actually is not related to surgery. She is still on low doses of dopamine for blood pressure and fentanyl for pain.
We have received so many emails, phone calls, text messages and words of encouragement today. Thanks to our Lord for placing so many of his people in our lives to be our strength in time of trouble.

Psalm 37:39
But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to check on Tessa before I went to sleep tonight, I'm so glad she had a successful surgery and it sounds like she is very stable. I've been thinking of her and praying for ya'll today. Hopefully she'll just speed right along now that her PDA is closed! (and come on back to Women's!) :)
Sallie, NNP

Anonymous said...

I am glad to read that Tessa is doing well post surgery. Now that her PDA has been ligated she will be off the vent very soon. Hope you all are doing well. As always my thoughts and prayers are with you, and let me know if I can do anything to help you.

Hope to see you soon at Womens'.

Nurse Kristie

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for a successful ligation. Praying for quick progress.

Anonymous said...

I hope you rested well last night knowing the surgery is over and went well. Hopefully -- very soon, the vent will be off and you can start sending us pictures of the funny faces Tessa will be making.
Sending lots of love,
Angie

Anonymous said...

SO happy to hear Tessa is doing well. We will continue to pray for all of you.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait to get to work and check on Tessa. I was so happy to see "Victory" when I first opened the website. I knew all along that Tessa would do well during the surgery and live up to her name. She is definitly the "Victorious One". Praise God for granting the surgeon during her surgery. I pray for a good day. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Great way to start the day :)

love ya'll

Patty

Shelly Arthur said...

I hope you guys got some rest last night and hope Tessa has a great day today.

I'm so excited to see her next weekend.

Love
Shelly

Anonymous said...

So glad the surgery went well and hope the day does equally as well.

Sending lots of love your way
Bev

Anonymous said...

O give thanks to the God of heaven, for his mercy and his loving kindness endure forever. Psalm 136:26 Jesus shows us each day how much He loves Tessa and how wonderful His plan for her must be.

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for baby Tessa daily. So glad to hear the good news. She is a brave girl.
Everyone at SCALE GSO