Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Getting Comfortable for the Ride

We love this picture of Tessa with her foot propped across her blanket. She looks so comfortable. She had a great night so we are leaving for Women's Hospital soon. The transport team just arrived and will transfer her into a transport isolette and wheel her downstairs to the ambulance. The NICU here is on the 6th floor. We will follow them downstairs and then go pick up our car at the Ronald McDonald House. We don't know if we can follow right behind the ambulance but we will be very close. Once we arrive in Greensboro, they will transport her up to the NICU on the 2nd floor and transfer her back to a conventional isolette.
Tessa has make great progress while her at Brenners. We want to extend special thanks to all of the doctors, nurses and surgeons involved in her care. We also want to thank everyone for their many, many prayers and support and offer praise to God for his healing power.

2 Corinthians 1:11
Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That has to be the sweetest picture I've seen so far. What a sweetie she is. I'm so glad of her progress and so happy for little Tessa's parents. It's so great she will be closer to her home. We continue in prayer for her. Mawmaw sends her prayers and love.
Be safe and I can just imagine the smiles you have since she is being moved to the other hospital. We thank God for his miraculous handiwork with little Tessa.

Shelly Arthur said...

Awwh that is so sweet. I'm sure Women's can't wait to get her back! Sounds like she is doing great. I pray it continues and can't wait to meet her in a few days!

Love
Shelly

Anonymous said...

What an inspiration she is!

I'm sure the nurses are going to miss her. She has stolen so many hearts and doesn't even realize it. I'm happy you'll will be able to be back in your own bed and hopefully get some needed rest.

We are praying for Tessa and you both daily.

Blessings,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear you are on your way back home. Tessa is such a beauty!

Brandey

Anonymous said...

Tessa looks like she has no worries!!!
Great news.I know you guys will be so much more comfortable in your own bed.
Get some rest! You are all still covered in prayer!

Patty

Anonymous said...

What a priceless picture! These memories will forever bring smiles and tears of joy to your hearts! God's work is nothing short of a miracle---your miracle!!! God Bless all of you! Have a safe trip and know that you all remain in our hearts and prayers! Sending all our love!

Joya said...

Glad to hear little Tessa is cleared to do back to Womens! I'm sure ya'll are happy to be closer to home huh? I know the people at Womens will be glad to have you back!