Thursday, November 15, 2007

First Outfit


Little Tessa got to wear her first outfit while we were holding her yesterday....a preemie sized hospital gown. It made a perfect little dress that was just her size. Mom and dad are getting to hold her much more often and we enjoy it more and more each time. She had another great night last night and is having another great day today. God is good.
Tessa is getting the PICC Line in her arm removed today. It is no longer needed to administer the liquid nutrition or medications and it is always a potential source for infection as long as it stays in. She is currently getting a dose of antibiotics before the PICC line is removed as a precaution. Her caffeine that she receives each night can now be given orally and her iron supplement is mixed with her milk. She is now up to full feedings today. She is getting 6.4ml per hour for a total of over 30 teaspoons per day. This is 5.12 ounces or just over 1/2 cup. She had done so well with her feedings and we give thanks to God. Because she no longer has the PICC line, she will receive her epo(erythropoietin) tomorrow as a shot given in her thigh. She is not going to like getting a shot but hopefully it will not hurt too much.

Psalms 8:9
O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, how precious are these pictures! Praise God for all the blessings! Enjoy all these moments! Our prayers continue!

Anonymous said...

Praise Jesus for all of His blessings! I am so glad to hear Tessa is doing well. And, she looks so cute in her "dress."

Brandey

Anonymous said...

It seems as though Tessa is growing right before our eyes!
I bet she feels so much more comfortable without the ventalator!! I just know ya'll will be on your way home with her before you know it!!
Thank-you Lord for all your goodness!!
Love you guys.
Patty

Shelly Arthur said...

So precious!!! I'm sure she loves the Mommy/Daddy time even more than you. Feeling your warmth and heartbeat will only speed up her recovery.

She is growing before our eyes. Before you know it, you all will be home.

Love ya
Shelly

Anonymous said...

I love her gown!
Momma is looking refreshed also - nice hair cut.
Glad everything is going so well.
Love you all!
Angie

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift. It is great to see Tessa in her little outfit. I check on her daily and glad to see the progress she is making. It warms my heart to see the three of you cherishing the tiny moments that some people take for granted.

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Praise God for another wonderful day of progress!

Anonymous said...

Tessa looks so cute in her "first outfit". I know Mommy and Daddy have to be so happy to hold their sweet little girl. She truly is precious and must feel the love.

So great that she is up to full feedings today because it can only make her stronger and closer to coming home with her wonderful Mommy and Daddy.

So much to be thankful for.

Love ya
Bev

Auntie gogo said...

we are all glad that Tessa is getting stronger and more alert with each day...it's nice to see a picture of the both of you with Tessa.....now that she is on full mommy milk she will start packing on the pounds....with each new picture--you can see how much she is changing right before our eyes...take care and we all love ya...xxoo...
love aunt gogo

ps....she is even more adorable with that little dress on...:)

Joya said...

Doesn't Tessa look so cute in her little gown. She has always looked cute but this makes her look even cuter! I'm so thankful that they took the PICC line out. That is real great news! I tell you, it seems like Little Tessa is really improving and growing real fast now huh? I hope it stays that way. I believe ya'll might be taking her home for Christmas!(At least I hope so and it has been one of my prayers for ya'll.)


Joya & David

Joya said...

P.S. I'm sure ya'll are eating up every minute of getting to hold Teaas! I bet it's takes everyone to pry her out of ya'lls hands huh? I think ya'll getting to hold her is the best medicine for all three of ya'll! Give her a hug and kiss for us!

Anonymous said...

"I will praise God's name with singing and honor Him with thanksgiving." Psalm 69:30 God is so good and so filled with loving kindness.Psalm 92: 11-16 are the special verses I pray for you Baby Tessa."For he orders angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you with their hands to keep you from striking your foot on a stone. They will trample down lions and poisonous snakes; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet. The Lord says I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who know my name. When they call on me, I will answer. I wiil be with them in their trouble. I will rescue them and honor themm. I will satisfy them with a long life and give them my salvation."God is indeed doing these things for you.

Anonymous said...

I love Tessa's "first outfit". I was showing a few friends here at work her latest pictures and everyone was commenting how much she is growing. The progress that she has made is amazing! The pictures of Mommy/Daddy time are great. I am so glad to hear that they were removing the PICC Line - again that is great progress. Thank God for answered prayers. I hope today is another great day for Tessa.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful sight to behold! Tessa looks so at home in mom and dad's loving arms. I'm glad to see she is progressing so well. I love her in her little outfit. Thanks be to God. Beth B.

Anonymous said...

How sweet!!!! I'm so glad for all of you to finally bond more often. Enjoy every second with her. My prayers are still coming your way.

Love,
Dorie

melissa said...

Hello, my name is Melissa & my sister Marianne Wiener sent me this blog. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for your little angel & family. She is absolutely a beautiful miracle & God bless her. I am sure that you already know this but prayer definately helped my little girl when she was born with a heart defect & needed open heart surgery. I will keep checking in on your blog and can't wait to see the progress that she makes. I hope to meet her one day when I come visit my sister. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing God has given you in this little girl. Your love for the Lord is an amazing testament to so many people. We are so glad to see the miraculous progress that Tessa has made. Thank you Lord for answering prayers! Rhonda s/o la

Anonymous said...

WOW! She looks great. I am so happy to see she is doing well. Yall look so happy! I will continue to pray that she does well. I do miss the three of yall.