Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Eye Exam

Examinations are rarely fun regardless of how gentle the doctor may be but Tessa handled her eye exam remarkably well. They used eye drops to dilate her eyes about an hour in advance and then the ophthalmologist examined her. He said that her eyes were still immature but did not show any signs of eye disease or retinopathy. We give God the glory for the great report. He also said that Tessa can currently see black and white outlines and shadows in addition to differences in light and darkness. From this point on they will continue to monitor her eye development on a regular basis.
Tessa received a diuretic earlier today because there appeared to be some fluid in her lungs in the last x-ray. A diuretic may also help with the bradycardia. The staff also decided today to keep her oxygen level constant at around 30% to see if this reduces the frequency of the bradycardia. They have decided to wait before giving her any additional caffeine because her drops in heart rate are sudden and the rest of the time there are no indications of a need for additional caffeine.
We did get to hold the little girl again today just prior to her eye exam. It is always a joy to have her in our arms and hold her close. God has blessed her so much and continues to work in her life every day.

Mark 10:15-16
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

11 comments:

Auntie gogo said...

Glad to hear the eye exam went well.......she may only see things in black and white....but she truly knows when her mommy & daddy are there....the sound of your voices--the smell of your skin--Tessa knows who you are...Thanksgiving will not be the same without the 3 of you here with us...we will truly miss you..(but don't worry Nan--I will eat your half of moms homemade rolls..hahaha):).we all so much to be thankful for this year...love ya...aunt gogo

Anonymous said...

Good morning Woodyard family! I am so glad to hear that Tessa's eye exam went well. That is great news! You have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. God has blessed you so much! Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the eye exam went well! Happy First Thanksgiving, Miss Tessa.

Brandey

Anonymous said...

Great News about the findings in the eye exam. Tessa is very blessed. She looks so sweet in the picture. It makes me smile that she is always wanting to hold onto something. Like trying to grab the blanket in this picture and holding her nasal piece in the other pictures and how you talk about her pulling the other tubes out. She is going to be hands on for sure!
We will miss you on Saturday also. I know this was a busy time for you with being in Northern Virginia then rushing to us then home for work on Monday. At least you will not be sitting in traffic again. Enjoy a peaceful Thanksgiving with your new daughter.
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Love you all.
Angie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the wonderful news about her eye exam. I know that God is keeping a watchful eye over Tessa and soon the doctors will have the answers for the bradycardia and that too will be resolved. She truly is adorable! I know that this Thanksgiving truly is one to be thankful for....and although you won't be home with your extended family---there is nothing greater than the love of a child! Enjoy every moment! You all remain in our thoughts and prayers! HAPPY THANKSGIVING WOODYARD FAMILY! Sending all of our love your way!
Misti

Anonymous said...

Everytime I check on Tessa, the pictures are prettier. I think she is just a little angel. I love the sweetness in her little face. What a precious gift she is.Great Mawmaw sends her love and prayers. We love you too. May God bless your little family as you spend your first Thanksgiving together. We do give God thanks for the wonderful gift of life. God bless you today and everyday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Be To God! You have your own little Turkey this Thanksgiving! I pray daily for dear little Tess!

Love Cindy M.

Ellen said...

Going back and looking at the pictures when she was first born, you can see the dramatic growth changes that little Tessa has made.

What a beautiful little Trooper!!!

The has come a long way!

Think of you all every day!!

Ellen & Dean

Anonymous said...

This will be a very special Thanksgiving for you all and for all of us who follow the spectacular strides that Tessa makes every single day. She sure is cute! Love to you and your family and Happy Thanksgiving.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Wow! She looks great! I hope yall are doing well. Still miss yall. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Joya said...

I'm sorry I haven't put my comments in a couple of days. I've had alot going on. Isn't that the most beautiful picture of Tessa! She is such a little angel! I am so glad that Tessa's eye exam went well! I knew it would. I hope that the bradycardia will soon resolve itself!