Sunday, November 4, 2007

CPAP

The respiratory therapist removed Tessa's ventilator tube today and put her on CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure). During the process, we got to see Tessa's beautiful little face with nothing but her feeding tube. The CPAP takes up most of her face and it attaches to Tessa's stocking cap using velcro to hold it in position. Even though it is better than the ventilator, Tessa does not like CPAP at all. It appears to be very uncomfortable and she gets very agitated.
The doctors and nurses have been monitoring Tessa's breathing today and actually they are not confident that she will be able to stay on the CPAP. Her breathing is shallow and her oxygen saturations are fluctuating slightly. She may tire out easily and have to go back on the ventilator but any period of time off the ventilator shows major progress. We are thankful that God is healing and strengthening Tessa day by day.

Psalm 44:8
In God we boast all the day long, and praise thy name for ever. Selah.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
What a beautiful little face indeed. Thank you for the truly amazing picture. We continue to pray for God's healing grace for this precious child.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby Tessa is! We all are so happy that God blessing her with more strength each day. We keep you in our prayers daily. I'm always anxious to see the next posting of the progress of little Tessa. Thank you for sharing the memories of her recovery each day. Mawmaw sends her love and prayers to you.

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely beautiful picture. God continues to grant her the strength she needs to improve. I hope Mommy and Daddy are getting the rest that they need. Thank you for continuing to keep us updated. As always, lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way. God Bless!

Love you guys,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I just returned from a weekend away and had to check on little Tessa. God has been answering prayers for that wee one. I will continue to pray for improving health and strength each day.

Anonymous said...

Baby Tessa is a beautiful little girl. My family and I will keep her and you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Baby Tessa is proof of God's Love.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let the both of you know how much I think of yall. Yall are a wonderful family, your mom and sister are great. The wedding pictures are wonderful and I thank you for sharing them with me. I count it a great honor to be her primary care nurse and really enjoyt the days I get to spend with her.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby. We will continue to pray for Tessa and her Mommy and Daddy. Thanks for allowing all of us to join in on your journey!!!

Brandey

Joya said...

Isn't that a precious picture of Tessa! She is so perfect! Her little hat makes her look even cuter! I hope Tessa's body will tolerate the CPAP better. Hopefully she'll get used to it. We have been continuing our prayers for all 3 of ya'll! Thanks for letting us be a part of ya'lls life!

Auntie gogo said...

Tessa....grandma and I (auntie gogo) really enjoyed our visit with you the last couple of days....being able to see your precious little face and to watch you kick that little leg and push that little butt up in the air...(like mommy & daddys)....we saw you playing peek-a-boo--we know you were just checking to make sure we were still there....grandma says to tell you that she wants you to get better real soon...(like now)...and that she loves you very much...It breaks her heart to see you and not be able to hold you....wait til she is able to--you will be yelling for daddy to come and rescue you.......hope you have a peaceful night and we will see you in the morning...sweet dreams little angel. Grandma says "I LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD NIGHT...."

love and kisses.....
grandma & auntie gogo