Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A New Plan

Tessa is doing well today. It is so nice to see her more active and alert. They are closely monitoring her blood gases, oxygen saturation, fluids and blood pressure. Surgery is now anticipated for Thursday. The doctors will make a decision by 10am tomorrow and they think she will be ready. Tessa has a new accessory today called a transdermal carbon dioxide sensor (tcom for short). This allows them to monitor her carbon dioxide levels in her blood without taking blood as often as before. Her latest blood gas test was good. They have made some additional changes to the ventilator settings. Nurse Kelly is taking very good care of little Tessa today.

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

8 comments:

Shelly Arthur said...

Yeah to Nurse Kelly!!!

Glad to hear the good news.

Love
Shelly

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that Tessa is doing well today. I pray for that to continue. I hope Mommy and Daddy are able to get well needed rest tonight. Just remember-Tessa is in good hands when you are not by her side. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Love you guys!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I just realized we could make comments. I am praying for you and your family. I am glad to hear everything is going well.I am looking forward to you bringing them by SCALE-GSO for a visit soon.

Deborah Whitaker

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on Tessa and continuing to pray for the wisdom and skill of those who are caring for her.

Anonymous said...

Glad surgery was postponed and that Tessa is doing better. We are anxiously waiting for further updates and when she sill need the PDA surgery. THANKS for always keeping us posted. In prayer, Diane, Greg, and kids

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy ...
I miss you! I am planning a visit to see you this week... Is there anything I can bring you?
Blow Little Tessa a kiss for me..
Kelly

Joya said...

I'm glad to hear that little Tessa is doing better and that they are going to wait till Thursday to do surgery! You never know things could change a great deal by then and God may decide to close the PDA where she will not have to have the surgery! You know ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD!!!! Reguardless what happens and if she needs surgery, we will keep ya'll in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Tessa is doing well. My thoughts and prayers have been with you. I am very proud of you.

If I can help, please let me know.

TK Force