Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Making the Rounds

We just finished meeting with the doctors and nurses making their morning rounds. Tessa is doing very well. The results of all of her blood tests have been great. Her ventilator settings are good. It is obvious that a decision for surgery to fix the PDA does not have a clear cut answer. They do not want to put her through surgery if she is doing well and it is not necessary. The need to fix the PDA is influenced by so many factors. They will complete the echocardiogram later this morning and look at the results. It may give them a better idea as to the need for surgery.
We had a good night at the Ronald McDonald House. It was great being right across the street. We were able to get some rest and Tessa is also sleeping comfortably. She is slightly sedated to help her better tolerate the ventilator. We've said it before but God has truly given us a beautiful gift in this little girl.

Isaiah 49:1
Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

6 comments:

MA said...

So glad things are going well in Winston Salem. Your updates with pictures are great!! I look forward to hearing what they say after tests today.

Glad there was space at Ronnie's House!! Those are wonderful!

Know that you all continue in everyone's prayers!

Love and blessings,
Mary Ann

Shelly Arthur said...

Hi guys. Thanks for keeping us all updated. I'm sure you have lots on your mind and it's great that you let us all know what's going on. We all love Tessa very much and continually check for her updates. I'm sure the doctors will make the right decision on what to do for her. Looking forward to hearing what they decide. Take care!

Love
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hello from Loudoun County! I am so happy to hear that Tessa is doing well. I hope and pray that the echocardiogram will give the doctors the answers they need about the surgery. Tessa is indeed a beautiful gift from God. I look forward to reading the next update. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Love you guys,
Melissa

*LeahBateman* said...

Just curious-
how much does she weigh now?
-Leah

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I pray the Lord will give you and Tessa all strength as you travel this road.
"...those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you could go with you lil girl. I'm sure she knows you are there with her. Thanks for all the updates and keep the faith. I continue to keep all of you in my prayers.

Love to all,
Dorie