Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Kangaroo Care

Tessa has had a great day. They are so impressed with how quickly she has recovered from being sick on Friday. We got to hold her again this evening. If possible, it is best for us to hold her against our skin. This is called Kangaroo Care. It has many benefits for little Tessa. She can feel our warmth and sense our heartbeat. Our hearts were certainly beating fast due to our immense excitement in getting to hold her again. Glory to God.

Romans 4:20
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little "joey"! Praise God for another good day.

Anonymous said...

hope she gets off the machine quick from:Kyle Higginbotham

Shelly Arthur said...

Hey guys. That's great about the Kangaroo care. I was going to ask when you could start that. I'm sure it felt great having her against you like that. I bet you can't wait until she can spend a ton of time on you. Boy is that little girl going to be spoiled.

I'm so glad she had another great day!!!

Love
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hey you three...:-)
What a beautiful baby. Tracy and I just looked at all of the pictures and read all of your comments...to say that we needed a tissue to get thru it is an understatement.
We will continue to watch Tessa's progress and make comments.
Hang in there you two and be sure to get your rest...I am sure that Tessa will continue to wear you both out for many years to come !!

Thoughts, prayers and lots of love to you both.
Steve and Tracy Webber

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE KANGAROO CARE!!!
Glad Tessa continues to improve,What an awesome testamony to the power of prayer.
Love Ya'll!!

Patty

Auntie gogo said...

OK Nan.....I am sitting here just crying my eyes out .....seeing you hold Tessa ....I can't imagine the feeling you are having...being able to love and hold your baby...I miss you soooooo much....not being able to be there for you and Anthony to help support the two of you.....we are all thankful that Tessa had a "Great" day and she will continue to gain strength from all the prayers and wishes from everyone....give Tessa my love and I hope to see you soon....

I love you all and miss you very much...!!!!! xxxoooooxxxoxo

aunt gogo

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I am so thankful for your website! We think of you all often! Our prayers are with you! Love, Diane and Greg

*LeahBateman* said...

this is such a beautiful "mother-daughter" moment...
im SO glad to hear the good news!
keeping you in my prayers,
LEAH :)