We just spoke with the neonatologist in charge of Tessa's care. Because she is not showing symptoms, he is not convinced that she needs surgery for the PDA in her heart at this time. He is not eliminating the need for surgery but some children have PDA's and never need surgery. He has talked with the cardiologist and has delayed the prospect of surgery for at least the next couple of days. The cardiologist agrees that the PDA is not currently causing her any problems and there is no pressing need to do surgery. They will repeat the echocardiogram in a few days.
The neonatologist is also going to contact the doctors at Women's Hospital. They can share information regarding her care. He plans to begin trophic feeding of breast milk again tomorrow in very small amounts and watch her closely for the next couple of days. God is working to help Tessa gain more and more strength each and every day.
1 Peter 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Doctor's Visit
at
4:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I LOVED the Scripture you chose. God is anwering our prayers for little Miss Tessa.
The pink bow is sooo cute!!
I'm glad to be back home and able to check in. Sounds like Tessa is receiving wonderful care at the new hospital.
We wont stop praying!!
Love you all
Patty
She is absolutely beautiful. Such a wonderful gift!! Nancy, you know I love you and I'm here for whenever you need me. Anthony, I've never met you, but if you're with Nancy then it's all good. I pray that God continues to bless your family.
Love you much,
Theresa
Hey Baby girl Tessa. I am glad to hear you are doing so well, and your bow does suite you. I can't wait to see you again. Get back to us soon. Tell your mommy and daddy hello & to hang in there.
See you soon girly.
Thoughts & Prayers,
Nurse Kristie
Hi guys,
I've been checking the blog to see how Tessa's doing, we miss her at Women's. I know they're taking good care of her though - hang in there! I'll continue to pray for her.
Sallie, NNP
Welcome Tessa to our world
how brave of you to come.
We are here to welcome you
as your journeys just begun.
Here's our opportunity
to help each other grow.
To experience all the things,
along..we would not know.
You have been sucessful,
from your very start.
Just welcoming you, has made us all
release love from our hearts.
So remember little Tessa
as you grow into your dreams.
Everything in this world
is not always what it seems.
Welcome others into your world
and it is there,that you will find.
All the love you ever knew
was never left behind.
Tessa I love you very much and can't wait to hold you in my arms and kiss you all over..
I love you!!
Aunt gogo
All of you are in our thoughts and prayers. We miss Tessa at the Womens Hospital but we know that she is getting excellent care at Brenners. She is lucky to have such wonderful parents by her side. We love you all.
-NICU
Womens Hospital of Gboro
I am glad to hear that the doctors are not jumping into the surgery. It sounds like Tessa is being taken care of by another great bunch of people. I am sure they miss her Women's. She has touched so many lives. We all love her so much. I pray for another good day and look forward to your next post.
Love you guys,
Melissa
Anthony and Nancy:
Many of us here at Washington Street are praying for you and for Tessa. God is truly amazing and He has wonderful plans for your Tessa.
2 Cor. 12:9-10 — And he said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
And Hesman
Post a Comment